No announcement yet.

What's after TWDT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever league or rules are chosen, the important thing is that it is announced during this TWDT, so people know there's something next.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Let's get a signup list of players who would commit from each squad and tally them to have some stats to go off on number of teams and roster cap ect...
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Add an option for captains on TWD website to select who will participate in TWL and a roster lock before week 2.

Invitation to 1 league = 10 TWL roster spaces.
        Invitation to 2 leagues = 12 TWL roster spaces.
        Invitation to 3 leagues = 15 TWL roster spaces.

Players on stacked squads who are not selected will soon flee to other teams.

​​​​
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
          Add an option for captains on TWD website to select who will participate in TWL and a roster lock before week 2.

Invitation to 1 league = 10 TWL roster spaces.
          Invitation to 2 leagues = 12 TWL roster spaces.
          Invitation to 3 leagues = 15 TWL roster spaces.

Players on stacked squads who are not selected will soon flee to other teams.

​​​​
          That is still way too much if we want there to be 3-4 teams that can win each league. This would theoretically allow a roster of:
          Ease, zidane, steadman, turban, dreamwin, vys, trasher, commodo, racka, mythril, Jamal, cripple, hellkite, mcvicar, spezza (automatic triple crown)

This kind of stacking is unlikely to happen but even a small portion of those mentioned players together will be impossible to beat and make the season boring and predictable as in past.

Smaller roster limits would force some players to play in their weaker leagues, but still wouldn't stop some squad to hoard all of the best multileaguers. This is very tricky with roster limits alone..

Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
            Whatever league or rules are chosen, the important thing is that it is announced during this TWDT, so people know there's something next.
            Amen to that. Players have been expressing this for countless seasons but nothing has happened. Thank you Mythril for finally bringing this up!
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I made a post many years ago about how the TWD website could allow captains to flag their squads as "recruiting" (for wb/jav/base) and then list those squads in a way that players could find a squad to apply for. That never happened.

More recently, we had an attempt at doing it the other way round by letting players flag themselves as "looking for squad", but the code was broken and never got fixed.

I still think there's room for improvement in helping players and squads find each other. Suggestions welcome.

Comment

There's no way a squad like that will happen for a lot of different reasons. There needs to be some common sense used so that there isn't forfeits. At the end of the day if the roster limit is 5 and the 5 best players are on the same team its gg anyway and the limit didn't prevent stacking.

Reality is the top players are going to split how they see fit like every other year and there is going to be more pressure than usual to have parity. Its never going to be perfect, let these teams form organically based on rivalries and whatever people decide on their own.

Comment

I'd play ld with resolution limits again
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                    I'd play ld with resolution limits again
                    I'd be down for res limits also
                    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

I feel like I said this before, or someone did, but there is no way to keep any team from either 1) stacking the entire roster, or 2) stacking one league. The only way to do that is to put limitations on TWL rosters 1) rating restrictions, much like TWDT, maybe more in depth, whine all you want, it's the only fair way 2) capacity restrictions on high level players 3) allowing more space for lower level players on rosters. You would be able to make you own teams, play with whoever you wanted and stack however you wanted, but those people would not all be able to play all at once to keep it fair. It would also encourage people to branch out, pick up newer upcoming players for twd games and potentially twl action. This is of course If we decided to go competitive league ways outside of TWDT. The main reason everyone shows for TWDT is because of somewhat level playing fields and chances of actually playing, maybe in a league your not great at yet (myself is an example) with the potential of some form of high level playing. You limit the field by saying elites only, yea you get a couple of good games, but you kill off most people on the edge, and you discourage people from branching out into other leagues. It may look like it's feasible now, but in reality I think you are a couple of seasons of growth, actual growth, away from straight up TWL.

Also, RES LIMITS are a must. What makes this game great, or what it used to be, was complete level playing fields. Unlike the new games where you level up, buy powers, add ons, etc etc, what made this game great was complete fairness across the field. Congratulations, you have 3000 resolution and can see both sides of the map...There are always limits in competitive play.
                      1:waven> u challenge
                      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I have 1440p.
                        It's a bit of an advantage to see further, but there are big downsides: stuff is smaller and harder to see and the whole client is laggier.
                        It's not something I chose based on ss, I just needed to buy a couple of monitors in 2018 and 1440p is the current standard.
                        Not allowing 1440p is basically saying you don't welcome anyone with modern hardware into the game.
                        Unless you expect people to play in a window, but, you can't be serious.
                        Playing 1080p full screen on 1440p doesn't work, all the colours fuck up.
                        Every arena with a res limit is an arena I can't play, hence why I took the time to get res limits removed from most arenas, I got sick of someone hyping up an event only to go there and get disconnected.

Comment

In regards to res limits. I am still tinkering over TWL and the best way to go about that, will post my suggestions later but yea, res limits.. I will say this, people who play on crazy resolutions (if they can get them to work, most use 3rd party software to achieve this) have a severe disadvantage in twdd if they are using say 4K or something size res. True, they can see a long ways away and fire off to get R3/R4 kills. However, if you rush them or even just engage them in R1/R2 range, they are massively fk'd. Dodging and rush defense is awful when your ship is tiny. Personally, I am fine with no limits because of the fact having a huge res holds a good amount of risk in using it. However, I can't comment on javelin though. I would think the same would apply to that ship/arena but I could be wrong. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                            I feel like I said this before, or someone did, but there is no way to keep any team from either 1) stacking the entire roster, or 2) stacking one league. The only way to do that is to put limitations on TWL rosters 1) rating restrictions, much like TWDT, maybe more in depth, whine all you want, it's the only fair way 2) capacity restrictions on high level players 3) allowing more space for lower level players on rosters. You would be able to make you own teams, play with whoever you wanted and stack however you wanted, but those people would not all be able to play all at once to keep it fair. It would also encourage people to branch out, pick up newer upcoming players for twd games and potentially twl action. This is of course If we decided to go competitive league ways outside of TWDT. The main reason everyone shows for TWDT is because of somewhat level playing fields and chances of actually playing, maybe in a league your not great at yet (myself is an example) with the potential of some form of high level playing. You limit the field by saying elites only, yea you get a couple of good games, but you kill off most people on the edge, and you discourage people from branching out into other leagues. It may look like it's feasible now, but in reality I think you are a couple of seasons of growth, actual growth, away from straight up TWL.

Also, RES LIMITS are a must. What makes this game great, or what it used to be, was complete level playing fields. Unlike the new games where you level up, buy powers, add ons, etc etc, what made this game great was complete fairness across the field. Congratulations, you have 3000 resolution and can see both sides of the map...There are always limits in competitive play.
                            Rocket league ftw!

about stacking, i feel like everyone is against is. So it shouldnt be too hard to stop it without real rules. If the caps just make a gentleman's agreement it should be fine. The only squad that i see breaking it, is thunder. Its not because they are assholes or what so ever, but they have been playing for a long time together and prefer that. Which i can understand (I have the same with envy, without them i cant play as decent anyway).

reso limits... Well i think it hasn't been there for such a long time, there is no way to turn it back. I also thought there was some kind of cheat to bypass it, some finnish ppl did it when there was.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                              In regards to res limits. I am still tinkering over TWL and the best way to go about that, will post my suggestions later but yea, res limits.. I will say this, people who play on crazy resolutions (if they can get them to work, most use 3rd party software to achieve this) have a severe disadvantage in twdd if they are using say 4K or something size res. True, they can see a long ways away and fire off to get R3/R4 kills. However, if you rush them or even just engage them in R1/R2 range, they are massively fk'd. Dodging and rush defense is awful when your ship is tiny. Personally, I am fine with no limits because of the fact having a huge res holds a good amount of risk in using it. However, I can't comment on javelin though. I would think the same would apply to that ship/arena but I could be wrong. Cheers!
                              I disagree about the close dodging. I use 1920x1500 or something like that. And u can see on my twdt stars when i started using it. It helped me in every league.

Comment

What limits do you guys think need to be set? My monitor is a 24' AOC G-sync 144ghz. Native res for it is 1980x1080. Going above this messes up the game (zooming into bottom left of map) and going below this gives me huge black bars on all sides of the monitor while the game itself is barely legible and severely pixelated lol I've hooked up SS to my 65' 4k HDR tv before too, playing it at 3840x2160 but I couldn't read shit and could barely tell the direction in which my ship was facing but I was sitting 6-7 feet back from the screen though (on the sofa). Using my 4k TV would seriously fk me unless I was like an inch away from the screen.

Can you guys who are against high res list what you think is acceptable and whats not? I strongly feel if it's native to your monitor, you should be able to use it as otherwise will probably fuck your game up. I am all for making it so people using programs and shit to hack res to be ineligible to play, but to unsure about punishing people with native res's because they bought a monitor after 2010 :P

Comment

Working...
                                X