No announcement yet.

What's after TWDT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to believe these people with "native" res can't adjust their screen to something inside parameters. I believe you had a couple of options last time like 1280x1024 or 1600x900. If you can't use your entire screen that you paid so much for or adjust it to something inside some guidelines, then you paid for the wrong screen option and will have to live with some black around the edges while you compete. my 2 cents
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      I find it hard to believe these people with "native" res can't adjust their screen to something inside parameters. I believe you had a couple of options last time like 1280x1024 or 1600x900. If you can't use your entire screen that you paid so much for or adjust it to something inside some guidelines, then you paid for the wrong screen option and will have to live with some black around the edges while you compete. my 2 cents
      Every assumption you've made here is wrong.
      You can set ss to run at 1080p full screen but the colours fuck up, it's some bug in the client, so not an option.
      Paid too much for it.. nope, 1440p screens are standard and therefore inexpensive. They are not a high end luxury purchase.
      Black around the edges, this doesn't happen, the client stretches to fill the whole monitor.

Comment

QUOTE=Tiny;n1312290]I find it hard to believe these people with "native" res can't adjust their screen to something inside parameters. I believe you had a couple of options last time like 1280x1024 or 1600x900. If you can't use your entire screen that you paid so much for or adjust it to something inside some guidelines, then you paid for the wrong screen option and will have to live with some black around the edges while you compete. my 2 cents[/QUOTE]

Spent a few minutes to show you what I am talking about since you clearly don't understand how bad this game looks when people with modern/slightly outdated monitors look like with this game. Like I said, you want to pursue people who res hack, that's fine by me but if your out to ruin this game for folks like me than fk that man.

Here's my display settings for my monitor.

Here is what the game normally looks like for me when I play on my native resolution.

And this is what it looks like for me when I play on 1280x1024..

Hopefully we can be sensible about this. No way will I play this game with 1280 res. LOL
        Last edited by Grasps; 01-30-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Trying to space text on images totally screws up the img code, quite lame. Sorry it looks awful but am tired of having to repaste all the links because editing corrupts the codes. You get the gist though, it's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            Every assumption you've made here is wrong.
            You can set ss to run at 1080p full screen but the colours fuck up, it's some bug in the client, so not an option.
            Paid too much for it.. nope, 1440p screens are standard and therefore inexpensive. They are not a high end luxury purchase.
            Black around the edges, this doesn't happen, the client stretches to fill the whole monitor.
            Does it matter if your colors are fucked up if your in spectator mode?

You threw a softball....
            Last edited by Tiny; 01-30-2019, 04:57 PM. Reason: haha
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Does it matter if your colors are fucked up if your in spectator mode?

You threw a softball....
              I'm not the one scared of people with bigger monitors.

Comment

t may look like it's feasible now, but in reality I think you are a couple of seasons of growth, actual growth, away from straight up TWL.
                I mean the amount of growth required is impossible. The math doesn't work. Here is a bell curve of the game's population in the mid-to-late 2000s:

We had around 100 squads with around 30 players on each roster in 2005, giving us roughly 3000 TWD players. I'll take a guess and say there were 10,000 players total.

There were 320 players who played TWL Season 12 in 2008, which aligns with around 210 TWL starter quality players, or 2.1% of the population. The 2% figure seems to align with the talent of TWL players like Rainbow, Beam, Turban and others who are Diamond in LoL, which is 2.05% of the population. Solace and I in Hearthstone were in the top 0.5%, and I played Gwent with Ease in the beta of 100,000 players, I finished #368 or something, and Ease finished #3 in the world. The numbers seem to hold up in other games as well for TWL starters.

Among TWDT 2019 signups, I'd say we have around 70 TWL Starter-quality players. The later seasons of TWL still had around 150 legit starters with 200-250 players playing the season (the general population declines at a much higher-rate than elite players, meaning the top 2% of players during the peak of the game represent around 15% of the population now.)

What this means is that, to gain 2 new TWL-quality players, you need 100 players to join the game, and play for several years to catch up to the 10,000+ hours most TWL veterans have and close the experience gap.

I don't see that happening.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Removing res limits was objectively a step in the right direction considering the success of draft and how it allows more players to compete, newbies, basers and elites alike.

But for a competitive aspect, such as ld it just doesnt make sense to play anymore if youre stuck with what you had ten years ago.
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

IIRC LD and possibly LJ are the only arenas res limits haven't been removed from (or at least, the only ones in which they intentionally haven't been removed).
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

No to Res limits.
                      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

I think TWLD is the only league that needs res limits in place - look at the state of TWDT-D the last few seasons; people are sat beyond the radar lobbing, and the wb play style these days is incredibly boring and not entertaining to watch either, it pretty much comes down to which players are actually willing to run and shoot at nothing for 20 minutes to win. Is there no middle ground where we can limit resolutions, but only ones that are above 2k or something?
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

1920x1080 resolution should be the absolute limit.

It's far enough you can avoid strayers, but not so far that you're impervious to on-screen R3s. I still much prefer 1280x1024, of course.

There's also the issue that Zizzo and co. have a resolution hack that bypasses the limits that isn't detectable (according to Zizzo.)
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                          X