Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should there be games on superbowl Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about beginning the matches 30 minutes early at 230? It would require some last second notice for warbirds and javs by their captains, but doesn't seem too implausible. Gives enough time for people to show up casually late to super bowl parties while checking TW forums during commercials after some TWDT action.

Hoping to figure this out soon. Need input, especially from captains.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I never said I had a problem with playing on super bowl sunday. Just wanted a decision well in advance in order to notify my team.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
        nah shouldn't have games on superbowl sunday - it's a full day holiday for most red blooded Americans
        Look who is talking!! Like you ever show on sundays anyway. 2,25 season and counting... CHOO CHOO
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I vote keep the momentum going and don't delay.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

2 more no votes from when I posted earlier, not seeing anything overwhelming. All caps have agreed to continue on schedule. Not worth entertaining this any further, games are on for Sunday at regular times.

Due to the server crashing, I'm extending the trade window this week to Saturday night at 11:59PM EST. If captains all agree on another week of trading, we can extend it further. Let's try to get some movement. Zero trades 2 seasons in a row is a problem.
            ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
              2 more no votes from when I posted earlier, not seeing anything overwhelming. All caps have agreed to continue on schedule. Not worth entertaining this any further, games are on for Sunday at regular times.

Due to the server crashing, I'm extending the trade window this week to Saturday night at 11:59PM EST. If captains all agree on another week of trading, we can extend it further. Let's try to get some movement. Zero trades 2 seasons in a row is a problem.
              Bullshit. I know for a fact zidane did not agree and that he said he could show, but would prefer to delay as you can see the votes are pretty evenly spread, and he voted DELAY on this forum. There is not a unanimous consensus, and this would be a critical week for us as we need wins and we need full attendance for that. Sure we could slap together a team like everyone else, but what is the hurry again? keep this 2 week momentum going? is that a thing? twd is getting active enough that 1 week would not hurt us.
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

We had 3 more no votes in 24 hours. Since our last in-game conversation 30 minutes ago, there are now 6 more. I'm sure that happened organically.

I spoke with zidane, ease and spezza last night. dw/mhz have stated they don't have a problem with it. Ease wants to go ahead with it, I'm fine with it, spezza said begrudgingly yes, and zidane told me sure. If there are hard no's from any of the captains, none of them have let me know. Not sure what else you want me to do.

Momentum is a thing, yes. The zone being down for one weekday is proof of it. Keeping the league running on schedule is also a thing.

There are nearly 200 players in the tournament. Let's see how deep these rosters go. Borrows will be available to all teams when the games are played on regular TWDT schedule this Sunday.

ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Just posting to confirm I did vote to delay and i would prefer if games were delayed for various reasons, most already being mentioned. I personally can show if games go on but believe my team and possibly others (gladiator?) will have a rough turn out and don't see the need to rush a short league in the first place.

edit: not sure what you mean by hard no as if I can just say no I don't want it to happen and it'll be so... if that's the case my vote to delay constitutes a "hard no".
                  Last edited by zidane; 02-01-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Myth- Now I just want you to not change your mind. I'm planning to show up and play.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                      There are nearly 200 players in the tournament. Let's see how deep these rosters go. Borrows will be available to all teams when the games are played on regular TWDT schedule this Sunday.
                      We going to be able to borrow high star players? No offense but that 200 is irrelevant. With the 200 players we got, each league has about 50 8*s and above (60ish in basing), which is 60% or more (depending on the lineup 99885/88888 etc etc) of players playing, and in that >40% of players at 7* or below, the same couple of players are probably playing most of the games as others can't compete or stay alive. That being said, you got 50 relevant players (give or take) - regular no show high stars - anyone else with plans on a once a year event = Shit show of random lineups? I hear so many people saying, lets get higher level play, and now we're like..fuck it, go with what we got? Not to mention, those people who are high stars in those leagues, are likely high stars in another league, which means if they don't show, multiple lineups are affected.

Originally posted by MHz
                      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Its stupid to postpone for a game thats important for one shitty country. Also its not like we are playing while the game is going on. i remember when Portugal was playing their EC final, leagues werent postponed. Shit always only happens for the americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
                          Its stupid to postpone for a game thats important for one shitty country. Also its not like we are playing while the game is going on. i remember when Portugal was playing their EC final, leagues werent postponed. Shit always only happens for the americans.
                          Ill handle this one.....that's cuz we make up a large portion of the player base. Simple as that.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

That being said, I would absolutely postpone for champions league finals if that fell on Sunday. In a heart beat.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post

Look who is talking!! Like you ever show on sundays anyway. 2,25 season and counting... CHOO CHOO
                              LOL

i work every other Sunday these days. I try to make the others... tough with the family at home but I?m hoping to make a few Sundays coming up. Not sure if it might be just too much train in one place though.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Just told the kids we weren't going to the super bowl pool party cuz mythril has plenty of 8s to cover.

Fuck you. Hope you go 0-6 and all your 8s break their fingers before twdt.

Also, cant wait to see this momentum we keep. We doing another steam launch next week?

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                                X