Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should there be games on superbowl Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should there be games on superbowl Sunday?

So a couple members of team Gladiator would rather have a bye week than get the opportunity to showcase their talents this Sunday. It would also allow the lesser teams (Hi team zidane. nice shrap loss...) to get an extra week of practice in. It might allow us to extend the trade deadline. The zone is also down at the moment so I havn't been able to get my 20 hours of practice in a day which leaves my team at a HUGE disadvantage. I added a poll so we can get a better picture of what the people want.
    Yes there should be games!
    44.74%
    No there shouldn't be games!
    50.00%
    I'm falconeer
    5.26%
    TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
    (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
    PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
    AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Spezz may have had one too many in these dark hours without tw

Comment

The adult recreational soccer league I play in cancelled all Sunday games for the superbowl. Just saying...
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Superbowl should reschedule around TWDT Sundays
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Superbowl starts after the TWDT games, plenty of time to play then go to a party (unless you're hosting.)

Half the population is euro and doesn't give a shit, too.

The actual game usually starts way after the stated time, too.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

nah shouldn't have games on superbowl sunday - it's a full day holiday for most red blooded Americans
            7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10
            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
              Superbowl starts after the TWDT games, plenty of time to play then go to a party (unless you're hosting.)

Half the population is euro and doesn't give a shit, too.

The actual game usually starts way after the stated time, too.
              yo claus is that kid in school who reminds the teacher that she didn't collect the homework smh
              Big Chill

Comment

These "American only" holidays tend to completely fuck up attendance and make the game results dependent on who showed rather than who's better, so I think it's better for the competitiveness of TWDT to skip the weekend.

However, if Claus is right and there's sufficient time to play TWDT and then go watch the games, maybe it's not so bad. I don't know whether people travel for this shit or not.

Comment

Last season games weren't cancelled for midsummer, why would you cancel for handegg

Comment

This is a tough one.. and to make matters worse, the superbowl is starting earlier than it ever has @ 6:30 pm est. For me personally, I don't have a problem with matches BUT everyone is different and expect a lot of missing players.
                    Last edited by Unlimited; 01-31-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

With all the people riding bench so far this season, there's finally an opportunity for those guys to get played. Teams will have enough people on so why would we take the day off?

Comment

Combination of the zone being down for 24 hrs and superbowl at 6pm it's probably best to delay for competitive integrity. Doubt there would be forfeits but the quality is going to be way worse for some teams (no idea about my own)

Comment

Wouldn't a better idea be just to add 1 extra week to this years TWDT. We will be doing exactly that by cancelling games on Sunday anyways and this way, everyone is happy. People can still show up on Sunday and play for those that want to and those that can't won't be missing out on anything.

My point is, I think it's important to keep activity up on weekends. Holiday or not. Also, testing the depth of a teams roster should be an exciting thing for everyone

Comment

Don't agree with the delay. Like graps said, it will give other people a chance to play
                            Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Didn't sound like too many people would be affected so I didn't bother making this thread. Only DW/Tiny reached out to ask about it. But I've always been fine with postponing, and I'm surprised there's already 8 no votes.

The yes votes don't really matter as much. The standings are all really close right now. If any teams are affected, I don't want the controversy of teams feeling screwed by something that was avoidable.

I imagine the majority of americans have super bowl parties to go to, and the 630 kickoff is a problem for people who participate in showering. But really, only the base games are the issue here. If you have friends who host all day super bowl parties, delete them from your life immediately.

Captains should direct their team chats to this thread. If we get 20+ no votes by Friday night at midnight, I don't see any way of justifying holding the games. A postpone if needed will be fine, we can think of other cool stuff to do, and it would extend the trade deadline as spezza said. Wouldn't be the worst thing.

PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Working...
                              X