Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT: Looking to hire the next League Op(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

    Why is there a lack of faith for Jessup? If it's about potential to abuse powers, just separate moderation from league Ops. Any league Op who uses moderator powers is removed immediately, no exceptions.

    Also can someone detail the job requirements for League Ops? I'm not signing up, I'm just curious what all the work is that you guys said was being done behind the scenes? Also if you're looking for people for a job, and said you want more transparency... then job requirements, and duties should be listed?

    Maybe this will explain why Henry spends zero time on reviving DSB zone. Maybe he's so busy in TW.
    Henry does barely anything but setting up bots on sundays for league. What mythril did season is more like get people hyped, get them active and signup, get ppl to captain, get the ratings done properly, redo rules, make schedule etc.
    when the stuff runs, you dont have much to do. As you have seen, ogron helped out with teamrosters, i helped out with the draft sheet.

    especially the get ppl hyped and get ppl to cap will be hard for jessup to do. With all due respect, jessup isnt the most liked and respected person in TW. (hence why Henry fails at getting caps too). People tend to do more for people they like and respect, simple as that.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
      Henry does barely anything but setting up bots on sundays for league. What mythril did season is more like get people hyped, get them active and signup, get ppl to captain, get the ratings done properly, redo rules, make schedule etc.
      when the stuff runs, you dont have much to do. As you have seen, ogron helped out with teamrosters, i helped out with the draft sheet.

      especially the get ppl hyped and get ppl to cap will be hard for jessup to do. With all due respect, jessup isnt the most liked and respected person in TW. (hence why Henry fails at getting caps too). People tend to do more for people they like and respect, simple as that.
      That makes sense, thanks for the reply, so if you don't mind me asking.. like just to be constructive. What would Jessup or anyone in general have to do to be respected/liked? In other words Jessup/Henry in your eyes lost respect for specific reasons.

      Comment


      • #18
        Where?s PH
        TWLJ CHAMP SYNDICATE
        TWLJ CHAMP x3 dicE
        TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
        #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)
        #1 RANKED PANEL SPIDER TO EVER PLAY THIS ZONE FROM SEASON 10 AND ON - TWDT PANEL / TWL PANEL

        Comment


        • #19
          Undercut says he's willing to run a league, let him do it.
          S18 TWLB Champ
          S19 TWLB Runner-Up
          S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
          S21 TWLB Runner-Up
          S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
          S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
          S12 TWDT-B Champ
          S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
          S14 TWDT-B Champ
          S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
            Undercut says he's willing to run a league, let him do it.
            Allow
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

            Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            The winningest TWDT captain of all time

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

              You realize this doesnt matter? Its more the problem that people have no faith in you. Neither will people signup for you, unlike it happened with mythril. Yes, you have done good stuff, but you should just accept that people dont want you in charge.
              You should just accept the help and ideas I offer instead of being an obstructionist who embraces prejudice and inequity when it comes to my concerns. This is bordering on laughable how no one even can talk about the points and suggestions I made in this thread concerning TWL and the ideas I shared that could make it happen. I responded to Mythrils thread to help... not to be rudely shut down by a bunch of prejudice jerks who have zero content to offer other than saying that someone "cool" needs to do it and how I'm so disrespected. (what reasons am I anyways?? lol)

              For one I am cool and for two who is considered "cool" is completely speculative. I could run this without a doubt and if people are going to boycott twl over who runs it that is soooo shallow and lame. Whoever does it, if they are fair, timely and concise with a properly laid out foundation that is all we can ask for. Ultimately this should be about the enjoyment of the league and games and the betterment of the zone. I certainly appreciate the work Mythril did as much as all of us with TWDT, but when game time strikes it is silly to think people are thinking about anything more than the task at hand which is playing well and winning if possible. The person running it just needs to be clear and concise in posts as Mythril was. Also to ask for suggestions like he did from the community was good. That was good and why he succeeded and is all we need from whoever takes up TWL. Again ..my offer still stands.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jessup View Post

                You should just accept the help and ideas I offer instead of being an obstructionist who embraces prejudice and inequity when it comes to my concerns. This is bordering on laughable how no one even can talk about the points and suggestions I made in this thread concerning TWL and the ideas I shared that could make it happen. I responded to Mythrils thread to help... not to be rudely shut down by a bunch of prejudice jerks who have zero content to offer other than saying that someone "cool" needs to do it and how I'm so disrespected. (what reasons am I anyways?? lol)

                For one I am cool and for two who is considered "cool" is completely speculative. I could run this without a doubt and if people are going to boycott twl over who runs it that is soooo shallow and lame. Whoever does it, if they are fair, timely and concise with a properly laid out foundation that is all we can ask for. Ultimately this should be about the enjoyment of the league and games and the betterment of the zone. I certainly appreciate the work Mythril did as much as all of us with TWDT, but when game time strikes it is silly to think people are thinking about anything more than the task at hand which is playing well and winning if possible. The person running it just needs to be clear and concise in posts as Mythril was. Also to ask for suggestions like he did from the community was good. That was good and why he succeeded and is all we need from whoever takes up TWL. Again ..my offer still stands.
                Your great success as Twdt cap says enough.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Arguing about it won't make people like you Jessup.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

                    Your great success as Twdt cap says enough.
                    More slander. I had 1st ranked squad going into week 4 in dd and like 2nd or something in jav. I messaged every player every week with the schedules and when to show and info like chat. EVERY player was messaged often on my squad and reminded of times ect .. . I sat myself often being unselfish too use the lines I thought would do the best. I easily picked the strongest twdd line and a contender in twjd. I lacked in basing as that season was per division and not overall and I decided it was better to focus on quality not quantity. The fact some of my top players decided disappear or quit and refuse to play was on them and not me. I was there on time every match. I did what was required of me to a Ti. I communicated as did my job as cap. Kira Yamato was a rock that season for us.. he was very professional and played great. Only if other key players had been like him we could have won dd and jd easily but wound up being a man or 2 down the final weeks. No one can control what players do. The ones who quit sure let the ENTIRE team and dare I say league down

                    Let's not forget that you Major Crisis..the guy posting this to slander me over key players quitting on me did this very exact thing 2 weeks ago in twdtj tn thunder. Take a look in the mirror. You specced and logged out after hurling insults at me because I was added leaving the team down a player in one of our toughest matches for jd. You did this before the game even started. Do NOT pretend to respect me as you pretended to earlier in the thread. It is on record what you said to me and the way you acted to sabotage that round for us. You were a complete lame ass to do that dude. It should have been dealt with honestly by an op. How you got off doing that is beyond me too. Isn't purposely rage quitting a game from your squad and disrupting gameplay of a twdt game a ban from the rest of the season? Thats honestly really serious what you did....
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Jessup was a great teammate on Power 2018, definitely gets more hate than warranted

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        jessups sig is super cute xD
                        ?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jessup View Post

                          More slander. I had 1st ranked squad going into week 4 in dd and like 2nd or something in jav. I messaged every player every week with the schedules and when to show and info like chat. EVERY player was messaged often on my squad and reminded of times ect .. . I sat myself often being unselfish too use the lines I thought would do the best. I easily picked the strongest twdd line and a contender in twjd. I lacked in basing as that season was per division and not overall and I decided it was better to focus on quality not quantity. The fact some of my top players decided disappear or quit and refuse to play was on them and not me. I was there on time every match. I did what was required of me to a Ti. I communicated as did my job as cap. Kira Yamato was a rock that season for us.. he was very professional and played great. Only if other key players had been like him we could have won dd and jd easily but wound up being a man or 2 down the final weeks. No one can control what players do. The ones who quit sure let the ENTIRE team and dare I say league down

                          Let's not forget that you Major Crisis..the guy posting this to slander me over key players quitting on me did this very exact thing 2 weeks ago in twdtj tn thunder. Take a look in the mirror. You specced and logged out after hurling insults at me because I was added leaving the team down a player in one of our toughest matches for jd. You did this before the game even started. Do NOT pretend to respect me as you pretended to earlier in the thread. It is on record what you said to me and the way you acted to sabotage that round for us. You were a complete lame ass to do that dude. It should have been dealt with honestly by an op. How you got off doing that is beyond me too. Isn't purposely rage quitting a game from your squad and disrupting gameplay of a twdt game a ban from the rest of the season? Thats honestly really serious what you did....
                          I refuse to play with you yea... I always will. Told ease this before he picked you at draft, so he knew. And wanting this to be ban worthy is a joke. People still can decide if they want to play or not. Cant force that. And i didnt sabotage that, what you didn't see is me talking to ease about thunder javteam in general. That i cant play with most of our javs. Then its better to play a jav that does suit in the teamstyle. But yea. You dont see such things.

                          and about your twdt cap, that it failed halfway says enough. Something obviously happened. And i pointed this out to make it clear that people wont do another step for you, unlike it happened with mythril. Or do you think you could manage the same results? I bet you do..

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            We shouldn't keep going like this in a game that's dying and where one of the reasons it's dying is because of a lot of in-fighting.

                            Everyone is on the defensive and that doesn't make the game fun when you have to login and feel like you have to defend yourself constantly from attacks everywhere. Be it attacks over your ideas, or over how good of a player you are. It seems to me like some people just get addicted after awhile to conflict.

                            Jessup wants to help, i'm pretty sure she cares about the game and the league, so we all have that in common. We shouldn't forbid people from helping, when one of the biggest factors to getting anything done anymore is time and motivation, as Jessup has both of these. That being said Majorcrisis probably doesn't feel you are impartial Jessup. People want someone in charge who can respect their ideas and compromise and can do this even if you disagree with them.

                            No matter whose in charge we can't all get what we want, someone is going to be unhappy, a good leader is able to navigate that... anyway, if there is something specific Jessup could change today, then say it in a none attacking and none mean way.

                            Jessup in my opinion, I would sit on your replies for a whole day. Write it out, copy it to word, re-read it the next day. If you can't send it 24 hours later then that means it was emotionally charged, and you've calmed down and don't feel quite as aggressive the next day. I used to do this all the time, and I still practice this exercise today occasionally and it works well, i notice on my second re-read after I took some space that something I wrote might make things worse, or is loaded in some way/was an anger response. This is actually a good tactic for life, for work, for relationships with a partner etc.

                            When you write, especially if you're in a leadership role or want to be a leader; you might want to ask yourself if what you're writing is going to be helpful? Is majorcrisis going to become an ally and we're able to work together after this? or not? Like if it were me that would be my goal, the goal isn't necessarily to get people to like you or be best friends, and sometimes people can just dislike you for no reason. But instead i think *most* people actually desire to have a conversation that doesn't devolve into "I hate this guy and he's so wrong about everything"... Less good/productive goals people could have (not you specifically) would be to make him look bad, to defend yourself (this is cyclical, you defend, someone attacks ad infinitum), to attack him for something unjust you think he did as well etc...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Thx Zid for some support. It was an honor and a blast to actually have a team to play with last season who supported each other. It was actually fun and for the first time in years it made me care and strive to do my best and feel truly connected to the team. It was a great season for Power and you are a great cap.

                              Thx Skat about my banner.. hehehe.

                              Major crisis.. my season was in no way a failure as you claim. We completed the season and played every game I think except perhaps one base game. I can't remember.. Maybe we even played it but were down a player..I remember oderus doing the same bs u did and rage quit for no reason at the beginning of the season. Besides base having like one game messed up in a division I was not even seriously going for I completed the season with no issues from me failing in my duties. Every game was played but due to starters disappearing the end pushed us out of contention with losses as I had to use like two 6 stars in lines. We were doing great the first few weeks until that happened though.

                              Also being a captain and a TWL op is totally different. That comparison is like saying being a member of DEV means you should be top 5 in elim or something. They have no connection.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                                Thx Zid for some support. It was an honor and a blast to actually have a team to play with last season who supported each other. It was actually fun and for the first time in years it made me care and strive to do my best and feel truly connected to the team. It was a great season for Power and you are a great cap.

                                Thx Skat about my banner.. hehehe.

                                Major crisis.. my season was in no way a failure as you claim. We completed the season and played every game I think except perhaps one base game. I can't remember.. Maybe we even played it but were down a player..I remember oderus doing the same bs u did and rage quit for no reason at the beginning of the season. Besides base having like one game messed up in a division I was not even seriously going for I completed the season with no issues from me failing in my duties. Every game was played but due to starters disappearing the end pushed us out of contention with losses as I had to use like two 6 stars in lines. We were doing great the first few weeks until that happened though.

                                Also being a captain and a TWL op is totally different. That comparison is like saying being a member of DEV means you should be top 5 in elim or something. They have no connection.
                                You wanted to step down as cap, so stop the show u r mentally capable to do something that will get critism. As you should agree on, you cant handle it well. Its always anyone else their fault.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X