Clear All

• Week 4 GIFs (~180MB)

WB

JAV

Comment

BASE

Comment

Looking for feedback:
        - file size, do you want me to care more about making smaller files?
        - dimensions, are some of these too big for some of your screens?
        - content, anything you want more/less of?

Comment

Lovin the gifs rab, even more so when im in them File size/dimensions and everything seems fine to me its a little laggy trying to watch multiple gifs at once so you have to kind of adjust your window to only view one at a time but maybe thats just me. Content wise as much as i love all the legio clips im sure other teams would enjoy some clips of their nice plays as well. I know you didnt watch their games so it would be difficult for you to know where and when something happened but maybe you could do a GIF suggestion where the team can give you the timestamp of a play in one of their games they would like highlighted?

Otherwise i think this is a great content addition to the league
          Big Chill

Comment

File size is big but it can't be helped. Open the thread and give it a few minutes to load and it's fine, rather have HD.

Content is great and doesn't have to be kills, like the warbird gifs are good.

Personally I wish for more jav since it's fun to watch.

Comment

- file size, do you want me to care more about making smaller files?
              Don't care about filesize. I like the full quality.

- dimensions, are some of these too big for some of your screens?
              Looks good for me.

- content, anything you want more/less of?
              Would be fun to add a caption to each or a little context too "this happened with only 30 secs left" ya know.

Loving the gifs. Such a great idea

Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Tested some different encoder options, found one that makes a smaller file that looks basically the same, so will use that from now on.

Captions are doable easily, the only limit being my creativity...

Comment

having second thoughts about this captions idea
                  Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Cool stuff!

Wish we could embed WEBM. It's a much better format for this kind of thing, somewhat recently popularized on the chans, with a drastically reduced filesize. I think we might be able to do custom BB code... will have to look into it.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Couple of ppl have said their computer is too shit to deal with all these gifs playing at once.
                      Wonder if we could get them to only play when you hover on them.
                      Like this: https://monkeyraptor.johanpaul.net/2...-on-hover.html
                      Doesn't seem to be something the forum can do atm, but would be cool if it could be.

Comment

Testing new WebM tag! (Available on far right of controls, the W. Excuse the programmer art for the button.)

Think this tag may also work on MP4 files.

One disadvantage is you can't just upload to any image sharing site. Would need to put it somewhere like https://webmshare.com

For easy conversions of video clips I use the aptly-named WebM for Retards. It comes with ffmpeg pre-packaged and lets you use a GUI to do all sorts of things. Just drag in a video, choose the clip of it you want to use and hit GO. https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter Apologies if anyone was triggered by the use of "the r word." (I hear the kids will shun you forever if you bust that one out these days.) It's just the name of the program.

Currently it's set to 640x360 default, but can change that, or you can also just hit the fullscreen button.

Also, tried to find some way to get GIFs to hover-autoplay with vBulletin... no luck.
                        Last edited by qan; 02-13-2019, 04:45 AM.
                        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                        X