Originally posted by kentaro View Post
    Ogron doing gods work.
    The troll gods work.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
      Thanks guys!
      ​​​​​​
      a note for next season (if there is):
      recheck the 5-6-7 star people. Too many people gotten 7 star because they are experienced players in another league. Good example is undercut, is the guy really worth 7 in wb if myself and jamal are too? Or 7 in jav someone like burnt is 7 too. Too many experienced, especially, basers got 7 in other leagues. Lupin is 7 in wb/jav too, he never plays these ships...

That being said, I will jump on and add to major's point. Viable 6's were basically non-existent on most teams, and yes I agree just because youre experience in one league doesn't make you good in another. I am a perfect example of this as I was a prime candidate of the "he's good in one league, so he get's 7 minimum", which would have changed so many team lineups, had they had the 6 they were was suppose to be in wb. The different lineup options was awesome, worked great, but the 6*s need to be readdressed. Basically weak 7's become 6's, weak 6's to 5's (which were non-existent, but could have been crucial). my 2 cents.
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

whats the point of having a minimum of 5 or 6 star ratings? now that the format has changed, can you reflect the actual skill? if a person has always died out in 5 minutes and went 3-10, maybe they deserve a 3 or something.

i know its been criticized before, but a rating that adjusts with how well or poorly a person plays would be interesting. as well as a cap that varies week to week. initial ratings wont break things for the entire season that way. there is some possible abuse issues i guess with a person on a team throwing a game from time to time when it doesnt matter in order to lower their rating. probably would need a weekly cap to how much your rating could be adjusted.

does anyone remember twlm? combining twdt with some of the management aspects of twlm might present other possibilities.
        Last edited by Zeebu; 03-07-2019, 05:09 PM.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
          whats the point of having a minimum of 5 or 6 star ratings? now that the format has changed, can you reflect the actual skill? if a person has always died out in 5 minutes and went 3-10, maybe they deserve a 3 or something.

i know its been criticized before, but a rating that adjusts with how well or poorly a person plays would be interesting. as well as a cap that varies week to week. initial ratings wont break things for the entire season that way. there is some possible abuse issues i guess with a person on a team throwing a game from time to time when it doesnt matter in order to lower their rating. probably would need a weekly cap to how much your rating could be adjusted.

does anyone remember twlm? combining twdt with some of the management aspects of twlm might present other possibilities.
          Wait a second you guys aren't even using the other numbers? which means a 5-10 rating system is really a system of 1-5.

A rating of 1 would have certain criteria that would have to be met in order to have that rating... your average player would be someone who consistently performs average and they would be ranked 5 out of 10, not 7. Then you bring in a .5 system for nuances in skill.

Comment

I think the idea is that the lower numbers represent those not in TWDT.

1: shooting at yellows
            2: hasn't yet discovered there's a thrust key
            3: won prodem once
            4: goes 2:1 in pub as WB and brags about it
            5: this guy somehow managed to !signup but we all know he's never going to get a second of playtime
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

5: this guy somehow managed to !signup but we all know he's never going to get a second of playtime
              Also 1-5 rating systems are flawed usually because you basically have five points to account for variance/difference. It's very basic.

When I called myself an 8/10 for example in DSB that was using a full on 1-10 point rating system with 5 being the average. But in a 1-5 rating system I would only be rated 3, which is actually a 7 in the 5-10 system. Skill is more varied than 5 levels, which is why i even said to add a .5 system into it. 10 levels with a .5 in between means 19 skill levels. If y'all think all the top players are 9's and 8's and can't discriminate skill beyond that then you're doing it wrong, cause pretty sure I can get two people you think are 8's and find a huge gap between their skill which would make one an 8.5 and the other an 8 or 7.5. And yes .5 is a huge fucking gap still. Real rating systems use decimals. Like 8.32.

You need an actual system for evaluating skill in real time... something that evaluates attributes like aim, dodge, strategy, in each ship separately and arrives at one score... which apparently no one is doing...

You could always make it:
              1= they know the basics: keys, who to kill
              4= they can 2:1 in pub and brag about it, your average player
              5= average league player, they know league tactics.
              6= they can apply league tactics consistently (plus some criteria for aim)

Also with spawn kill and pub having frequent 8 vs 1 while the rest of your team is off somewhere, and battles in narrow spaces, as well as certain ships having edge over others (and refusing to change ships), it's actually easier to 2:1 in league, less factors to control for, not so chaotic, not getting tk'ed or spawned left right and center, and teams are even. as well less of a chance of a moronic player doing something like repping at wrong time or rushing at wrong time etc. You guys assuming 2:1 in pub easy is funny. Maybe flying outside taking pot shots at people who spawn, or hiding/running as you play, but if you're playing normally, not attaching away before death etc, then it's as difficult as league would be.
              Last edited by Falconeer; 03-08-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

except in the format now, those guys might actually get some playtime.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                X