Thunder vs Terrorist TWDTB Semi-Finals Round 2 Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Efhat View Post

Never said that, obviously you won the first round. Or we would not have played three games. Everyone is out here spitting out how you guys are undefeated with your best line in, blah blah blah. Your best line was in round 3. And could not finish. You can beat a team an endless amount of times in a regular season match. Playoffs are different.

As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure that appeal was made in the past and it was denied.

That is the point I am trying to make. Are we going to create an environment where any issue with one person will effect the outcome of an entire game or series?

hold on. What if this was not JAMAL that lagged out.

what if it was your 6* or 7* or 8* ? You would appeal would you not? So now on what grounds or volume does a 6* carry in the outcome of a game if we are following those rules? It is across the board is it not?
    So now an irrelevant player who did not do nothing in an entire basing match, would get his appeal granted just because he could not get subbed back in the game because of this rule?
    Shit happens.
    I said absolutely nothing about our best line winning game 1 or whatever the hell people are spouting. The entire basis of this appeal is that there was a bot error that had a massive impact on the game being played. JAMAL was forced to sit in spec during a match he was here for and able to play in had it not been for that. To answer your last question if a player that was 6* 7* or 8*s had lagged out and it had an impact on the game being played, then absolutely yes I would send this exact appeal in a heartbeat.

This isn't simply a case of "shit happens", it was a very unknown issue to most captains/players in this game that absolutely needs to be addressed and corrected. It's an extreme shame that something like this has been allowed to continue on throughout the years without someone stepping up and saying "hey can you guys fix this it's affecting games".
    3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

My vote is not to replay it.

I am not going to go into why I feel this way because I had no interest in arguing with people for the next few days over my reasoning. Was a great season though of twdt, looking forward to the next one! Thanks for everyone who stepped up, played, hosted and captained this year. You guys were sexy as fuck and are all heroes in my book. Cheers!

-ixa

Comment

Originally posted by Undercut View Post

I said absolutely nothing about our best line winning game 1 or whatever the hell people are spouting. The entire basis of this appeal is that there was a bot error that had a massive impact on the game being played. JAMAL was forced to sit in spec during a match he was here for and able to play in had it not been for that. To answer your last question if a player that was 6* 7* or 8*s had lagged out and it had an impact on the game being played, then absolutely yes I would send this exact appeal in a heartbeat.

This isn't simply a case of "shit happens", it was a very unknown issue to most captains/players in this game that absolutely needs to be addressed and corrected. It's an extreme shame that something like this has been allowed to continue on throughout the years without someone stepping up and saying "hey can you guys fix this it's affecting games".
        What?s your definition of impact of a game? Any player in a game is impactful. Just because they?re 20-66 does not mean he is not impactful.

so if this happened to any irrelevant player the grounds of the appeal would be accepted

idk why my apostrophes are coming out as question marks when I hit enter as I type from my phone
        FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
        #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

What?s your definition of impact of a game? Any player in a game is impactful. Just because they?re 20-66 does not mean he is not impactful.

so if this happened to any irrelevant player the grounds of the appeal would be accepted

idk why my apostrophes are coming out as question marks when I hit enter as I type from my phone
          I think you have to look at it as anything that could have possibly altered the outcome of a game. JAMAL sitting in spec for anonym could have easily swung the game from a win to a loss. Going from spider #67 to spider #68 in the league probably isn't enough to grant an appeal like this. I understand that this is an extremely gray area in the rules and needs to be changed but with the way this is written right now the appeal should be granted on these grounds.
          3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

Comment

Well, time for DW to step in. I have said enough.

These posts have punched my way out of multiple squads this upcoming TWL and I have probably ruined friendships although I love all of you and my passion and fierce love for this amazing game is like no other. I have to defend the team that took me in after zid traded me out like a piece of used meat

see you on SS
            FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
            #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Well, time for DW to step in. I have said enough.

These posts have punched my way out of multiple squads this upcoming TWL and I have probably ruined friendships although I love all of you and my passion and fierce love for this amazing game is like no other. I have to defend the team that took me in after zid traded me out like a piece of used meat

see you on SS
              Off topic......I wish I was in playoffs crip! Too bad heaven terrs like a 6* and spooked like an 8*
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Firstly, I respect you Ease, Ogron, Jamal + crew as players and captains, some selected few as persons too. (JAMAL+crew)

Secondly, this is a very low blow. I am really fucking triggered I have to even use time arguing such matter.

Saying that you didn't know u can't sub in a player after a subbed him out is just a blatant lie and I think its ridiculous to use that as an arguement.
                It's pretty much to same as appealing a game due to flag jupe by arguing that you didn't know what flag jupe is, or you knew about it but thought it magically wouldn't exists right now.

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
                A lot of stupid things being said in this thread.

1. So what if Terrorist beat us with JAMAL in shark round 3? We beat them with JAMAL in shark round 1.
                2. As for your argument about the bug being around "forever," care to explain why it was fixed in both TWL AND TWBD? Clearly it wasn't the intent to implement it in every other basing league but TWDTB.
                3. The argument that I shouldn't have played JAMAL if I knew there was a chance he would lag out is ridiculous. Why would I not play our best player on the freak event he lags out? The fact is he CAME BACK and couldn't play because of a bot error. It's simple.
                4. As far as waiting a minute to sub JAMAL, why would I sit around and play 7v8 for an entire minute? We did the same thing round 1 when major crisis was afk at the start.
                5. Using an argument about the time differential in round 3 is also stupid, since JAMAL again lost power with roughly 90 seconds or something remaining in the match (can check it through Lupin's recorded video).
                6. Any argument that I'm being disingenuous as to when JAMAL returned to play can be proven through a bot log, and the scoreboard indicating what time the game ended.
                7. Talking about no-shows in past lineups is COMPLETELY different than JAMAL sitting in spec waiting to play for 95% of the game.
                8. Saying that you'll refuse a replay in the event it's granted doesn't even deserve a response. If the bot locked cripple out of playing the entire game dreamwin would have cried enough tears to refill the Aral Sea.
                9. Jessup, just stop. This has nothing at all to do with you. If you didn't complain so much maybe I would have considered playing you.
                10. I complained several times when the bot wouldn't let me sub in JAMAL, especially in thunder chat (which turban can verify). There wasn't a person online that could do a thing about it. Who is going to fix the bot and let me put in JAMAL? Materix? Please.
                1. Irrelevant
                2. It wasn't fixed as qan explained.
                3. You've been a high-profile captain in this game for 15+ years. You should know not to add lag-risky players in as YOU KNOW you can't sub them back in. It's part of captaining 101, all of you who dont know this should be removed from ?go base captaining whitelist.
                4. Because you know you can't sub him back in after, that's the risk calculation you have to make and execute. You executed "wrong" this time, accept it and move on. Round 1.. wonder why didn't you sub MC out then.
                5. I agree time differential arguements are stupid and should not be made in the first place but if I recall correctly your side started this. It matters who gets 15:00 in the clock first, lag issues are part of the game.
                6. I dont get what is the purpose of this.
                7. It's different of course and irrelevant, but it demonstrates the impact one player can have to a team which seems to basis of your arguement. I think this is used by both sides in some form.
                The fact is that JAMAL had to sit out 95% of the game due to your decision as a captain and unfortunate but likely power outage during bad weather.
                8. Maybe it was wrong to bring it up there, I will not comment about it anymore. Sure, I would have cried as I have many times before when I felt injustice. I wouldn't have appealed though, as I know it was a consequence of my own actions.
                9. -
                10. See all of the above.

Hulk: "However, it's pretty sad that some of you would rather take the win than actually earn the win by playing against the opponents most optimal line up."
                Yeah well, I always like playing high level games as they are pretty rare nowadays. I've been fucked one season after another by bullshit appeals and got disadavantaged everytime while I or my team did nothing wrong but perform or made a good move. These guys have never had problem winning marginal appeals so why the hell should I feel any responsibility to be a saint and somehow justify this false appeal. No, I will fucking stand my ground.

PS. Ogron you are pissing me off badly atm arguing with regular season scores, not being able to field best line in game x and other irrelevant bs about luck. You are usually quite logical with thought-process. We both have benefited/disadvantaged for not playing best lines in finals and you should know being the best team over 10 weeks has nothing to do playoff scores.

Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I haven't read every post in this thread so I might be repeating a point already made but if a replay occurs that only means we risked our finals spot for absolutely nothing in return if Thunder won the match nobody would talk about a replay. Only way a "replay" game would make sense is if the game never took place or the bot was killed very early on into the game to prevent all of this from happening
                  1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Originally posted by Undercut View Post

I think you have to look at it as anything that could have possibly altered the outcome of a game. JAMAL sitting in spec for anonym could have easily swung the game from a win to a loss. Going from spider #67 to spider #68 in the league probably isn't enough to grant an appeal like this. I understand that this is an extremely gray area in the rules and needs to be changed but with the way this is written right now the appeal should be granted on these grounds.
                    Sure 10* -> 6* tend to have effect in games. That's why there is good to have depth. Say Solace was around, games could have been very different. This impact and effect shit is all irrelevant speculation.

I spent 10 minutes between spamming mean gene to get public assassin on. He came on cold when there was 20 seconds left in the clock after !addtime, risky move but it payed off. Ease subbed JAMAL out, knowing he can't add him back, in order to not fall too much behind in time, risky move which didnt pay off. You made a mistake, accept it and move on.

As if this appeal was granted, it would also mean that you had a free chance trying to advance finals.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post

Sure 10* -> 6* tend to have effect in games. That's why there is good to have depth. Say Solace was around, games could have been very different. This impact and effect shit is all irrelevant speculation.

I spent 10 minutes between spamming mean gene to get public assassin on. He came on cold when there was 20 seconds left in the clock after !addtime, risky move but it payed off. Ease subbed JAMAL out, knowing he can't add him back, in order to not fall too much behind in time, risky move which didnt pay off. You made a mistake, accept it and move on.

As if this appeal was granted, it would also mean that you had a free chance trying to advance finals.
                      I think basing your argument on trying to convince the ops that Ease is lying about knowing whether or not he could sub someone out and back in during a match is an extremely shitty thing to do and just makes me think you just want this appeal denied for personal gain. This is a bug with the matchbots that does not exist with the TWLBots and should be corrected and the match should be replayed. If the appeal is granted the score goes to 1-1 and we both have an equal chance or making the finals, nothing is free for either team here.

Comment

I've been basing since 2001 and I didn't know about the bug, I'm sure I've been subbed out and back in before, so it's not clear cut. I don't think Ease is lying, and I'm glad he appealed because whichever way it goes we've got a bug fix out of it.

Comment

Terror making nothing but emotional arguments in here hoping for sympathy, no logical arguments about why it's ok for Jamal to sit in spec and watch anonym take his spot in a SEMIFINAL. Beats a 60* team due to some shit coding and wants to pretend they made some miracle comeback lol. Give it a rest already and at least stop pretending

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            this is not a bot error or a bug. Cripple is correct that it has been this way for well over a decade. Anyone who has ever capped should know that once a player is subbed out, they are done for that game.
                            Q.E.D.

This is not a bug or bot error... This is part of the infrastructure of the game that has always existed. Absolutely no grounds for this appeal in the rules. It would be akin to appealing because you forgot terriers had bursts, or that F11 made you spec, or that there were lag limits, or that you could add two sharks. There can be no expectation of the rules to litigate the game to this kind of detail and banality. Probably the most ridiculous appeal I've ever heard - and no surprises that The Hideous Incel (Ogron) was behind it.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post

This is not a bug or bot error...
                              Originally posted by qan View Post

Subbing in a subbed-out player is supposed to be allowed in basing, but never has been due to the bug.
                              Do you not know how to read?

Comment

Uh yeah this isn't rocket science.. bot issue. Should have been replayed instantly after but yeah staff were busy that day. Tbh first looking at this topic, I sincerely thought after ease's topic being started.. it would have been an obvious replay and the other team would have agreed to it being replayed due to this bot issue impacting the game so severely.. instead, to my surprise.. I see a bunch of pussies trying to evade it.

Since starting this zone one of the things I like most is how competitive everyone is! It's friggin awesome, and one of the reasons I have continued to want to improve and get better! why wouldn't you guys want this to be replayed? it was a bot issue.. impacted the game big time.. do you really want to win this way? Reading some of these responses makes me sick.. grow some balls, replay the round and win against our strongest, not our weakest like in that round.

Comment

Working...
                                X