This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
    Dunno about over there, but over here we go out more in the summer. Like go away for a weekend or just a day even. Enjoy the sunny weather.. Like myself i go cycling often on sundays on the other side of the country or even in Belgium, no way i am back 'on time' to play some subspace.
    and yes i can see its a commitment for the american ppl to show in the afternoon as well.
    Except that it's not sunny at 9 or 10 pm, which is when the games are in western European timezones
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Our time to play leagues is between 8pm and midnight on Sunday which is the easiest moment to play don't change it ) Almost no europeans would wake up at 4am to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Except that it's not sunny at 9 or 10 pm, which is when the games are in western European timezones
        You definately havent been in northern part of europe then. Even in the netherlands we stay outside late, while in Finland it barely hits night.
        Besides that, when you are out at 8-9, you dont run to your computer anymore at this age to play a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
          You definately havent been in northern part of europe then. Even in the netherlands we stay outside late, while in Finland it barely hits night.
          Besides that, when you are out at 8-9, you dont run to your computer anymore at this age to play a game.
          I'm not sure when you think normal adults do it then, because most of us have jobs during the daytime, and any other life responsibility tends to be done prior to 9 pm. If you're still out riding a bicycle at 9-10 pm when you have work the next morning, then good for you I guess, but you are by no means whatsoever the average person anywhere in the world outside of your small bubble.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

People's schedules vary, but Sunday has traditionally been a good day to host leagues, regardless of season (although winter seasons tend to have stronger turnouts.)

I couldn't play TWL regardless of seasons in my teens/early twenties because of sports commitments on Sunday afternoons. I can golf a bit early on Sundays and be back for games, or go to the farmer's market in the morning, have brunch now, so it works now. If you're partying Fridays/Saturdays, you usually use Sunday for recovery, so that works, too.

If a league is run well and we make every effort to sign people up (and you guys help us get the word out), it can be a success, and keep the momentum going for a really strong winter league, either TWL 23 or TWDT 19.

I'm not sure what people want or what would be best. I was against TWL 22, but it turned out much better than I thought it would. There were more teams in every league and the competition was better than TWL 21. For example, TWLB last season had 5 teams and 2.5 contenders (Thunder, Cobra, Dice), this season we had 6 teams and 3.5 contenders (Rage, Spastic, Thunder, Spider). Dice was a mess and Spider was 1-2 players away. If Stayon showed they would have been dangerous.

Still not as good as TWL 20 with 8 teams, but considering TWL 21 was in 2016 and TWL 22 was in 2019, that's pretty impressive. I credit the work Mythril did for TWDT earlier this year.

TWDT is the lifeblood of this zone. It brings players back, everyone feels like they have a chance to win, it's more fun, and the games are more competitive during the regular season.

But...

We ran 5 straight TWDTs between TWL 21 and TWL 22, and I think it hurt the zone not having TWL, a lot of talent that's important to our numbers just has no interest in the game if TWL isn't around. They'll often play ONE TWDT if it's between TWLs just to stay sharp and knowing TWL is around the corner, but the talent loss during those 5 TWDTs was significant.

I prefer TWDT, or a half TWDT where you start with a TWL-like core of 2-4 players who want to play together, then draft the rest, but TWL might be an important part of the ecosystem, even though it kills the zone. As long as a TWDT is planned and there are never consecutive TWLs, I think that's probably okay. We may have underestimated the value of TWL to maintaining part of the player base. Having both is probably the best in terms of their symbiotic function (TWL brings back vets, TWDT revives the zone, and they feed into each other as TWDT players become TWL players as they get better, and TWL vets stick around for TWDT).
            top 100 basers list

Comment

I am considering bringing Grim Dawn back for another shot at TWDT, I can't fully commit at this just yet though. Just throwing it out that it's something that I am considering and is a possibility. I'll be able to give a more definitive answer soon. Congrats on the signups everyone. Let's keep at it, would be awesome to get 150 or more this TWDT before the next TWL begins this Winter. Wolf especially is looking for redemption this next season!

Comment

Grasps edited himself in as a captain without permission, I've removed this post as a sticky and created an official TWDT Captains thread.

Don't know where you get off doing that, but you're not in consideration for captaining a team.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                X