Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ease will be the TWDT Head Op This Season

Hey guys,

The process of getting the next TWDT season is now officially underway as the TWL playoffs wind down. Make sure to spam Facebook, Whatsapp, group texts, forums, etc. with links to the signup page, as how many players sign up will determine whether there are 6 or 8 teams.

Ease (seen here in his downtime) will be the TWDT Head Op this season. I'll be helping him set it up, and possibly Mythril (who did an amazing job last one) as well.

I'll be resigning after the main draft and the bulk of the work is done and just being a player, but I've committed to writing massive Hot or Nots for all three leagues for the entire season.

Expect the usual savagery towards those who fail to go 1:1.
    top 100 basers list

This might be a stupid idea but what is the communitys opinion on separating a wb/jav draft and a basing draft? Personally I have missed about every draft base game just because they are played so late in my timezone

I doubt theres a huge number of wb/Javs anymore who are just dying to get to play because of late games but i just wanted to throw this out there because of selfish reasons.
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      This might be a stupid idea but what is the communitys opinion on separating a wb/jav draft and a basing draft? Personally I have missed about every draft base game just because they are played so late in my timezone

I doubt theres a huge number of wb/Javs anymore who are just dying to get to play because of late games but i just wanted to throw this out there because of selfish reasons.
      Funny you bring this up. I have been thinking the same thing but felt it was too drastic of a change to consider with July being right around the corner, this may have to wait until TWDT 2020. My thoughts were host TWDT-WB/JAV on Saturday afternoon around 1PM EST and TWDT-B on Sunday afternoon at 1PM EST. Basically for the same reasons, TWDT Sundays are way too long in my opinion, forcing us to sit on our asses for up to 5 hours straight. It's no surprise people get burned out on this game. However, my primary fear with splitting the days up would be the turnouts for WB/JAV, as a lot of Euros seem to show up just to play TWDT-B, often times playing while they wait. It would be detrimental if we lost those people on Saturday's games I'd think. If we can all agree to be sensible about the scheduling being split into 2 days, I am all for it. Sundays have been especially hard for me to attend because it's my only day with family and the games like I said, last way too long for me to be able to be present for all of them.

I did make a rough draft of the schedule for this TWDT, whether or not Ease/Ogron follow it is still unknown but I did include a 1 week break mid-season just to help keep people from getting burned out. Also, I proposed having the Draft take place in 2 days rather than 1 for multiple reasons mainly being; hype, duration and zone activity. I thought Friday night we could do the first 10 rounds from 4PM EST to 5PM EST, followed by fun events that staff could host and TWD games. Saturday we could finish up the remaining rounds, which depends on sign-ups but would be anywhere from 6-8 rounds, lasting less than an hour ideally at the same times, 4PM EST to 5PM EST.

We'll see what ends up happening here soon, just thought I'd share that I also am concerned about the amount of time we ask people to be present and am looking at ways to spread things out to keep things fun and exciting. The last thing I want and am sure everyone else, is to make leagues feel like a chore. Cheers.

Comment

no one will want to give up their Saturdays AND Sundays for this...it would have to be all on Sunday or split basing out and have it as a separate league before or after jav/wb
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

No one is giving us both weekend days for leagues.

Sundays only.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Ease can't show for the draft, gonna need maybe a few peeps like Henry Saari and Heaven to run it.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I can do the sheetstuff if needed.

Comment

Good questions are : why does Ease retired from TWDT as player? Will he join FA draft? If yes then does Ogron gonna have magicaly the 1st pick for FA Draft? Will we have a live stream draw for draft? Or do you guys have "other plan"?

I'm suspicious but who knows, maybe they gonna make a clean work.

Comment

I've had the 8th (out of 8), 5th (out of 8), 6th (out of 6), and 5th (out of 6) picks the four times I've capped, and I literally implemented the live stream draft and got rid of the corrupt secret FA bid system. TWDT was a complete joke before I took it over in 2014.

You don't know anything about anything.

Shut the fuck up for once in your life.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Relax boy, these are just hypotheses. we'll see what happens, maybe Ease will end on Flew's team while Zidane gonna be on Singer's team who knows?! Also don't count on me to shut the fuck up.

Comment

Working...
                    X