No announcement yet.

RATINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ratings haven't changed one bit, except that looking at spider stats from previous twdt, kado that was almost invisible for his team in basing has risen from 8 to 9 although he wasn't even top 15. Similar for Zizzo that was even lower performance wise. If you go deeper, Tripin performed on a level of 7 while rozay performed clearly as an 8 star, aprix performed poorly in twl his basing rating is closer to 7 according to stats, all these clear mistakes. There's also this henry sari mentioned by myth that appears to be top 5 without having his rating changed and it says he was in same team as kado. I'm an old player without any idea what's going on inside the zone, twdt statistics from last season are in forums though and some recordings. By simple statistical overlook in comparison to ratings there's clearly few mistakes that need adjusting. Changelog for ratings between seasons would be nice along with other statistics, would reveal all the bias that is clearly seen from outsiders perspective.
    Last edited by Za!Dink; 07-02-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

That's not how this works Za!Dink. See, ratings in twdt have and always will be based around who is friends and enemies with who. It has very little to do with actual ability in many cases. That's just the nature of the beast though. It's been long accepted by people since season 1 of twdt, so theres no point in caring about it now.

Also, if we were realistic with the skill level of everyone involved, 99% of the playerbase would be 7* and like 5 people would be 9*. Skill level isnt drastically different these days to really qualify people to be heads and shoulders above others in their main ships beyond a very select few players, and really, what do you even base skill on? Is it 1v1 skill, 5v5 skill, the ability to adapt to lesser/different players with different styles than youd have in your annual twl winning squad, or what?

All of that matters a lot, yet it's never all taken into account, not that I 5hink it's even possible to do so anyway. People that are amazing on their twl winning squads might be trash surrounded by last place players, while others might be really good in that situation. How do you value that? Mega Newbie playing on Paladen did more for that team than Beam ever could have even in his prime, yet Mythril thinks Beam is a 10* in wb. What's that tell you? Lasenza is probably a 10* wb in 1vs1, but probably not in 5vs5. There are some really good players that expect others to adapt to their style, and some that adapt to the style of those around them. Some are team players, while others really aren't at all. All these things make skill subjective, yet ratings are only based on whatever the rater values most.

None of that includes the idea that a rater might have no ability to judge skill effectively either, regardless of their personal skill level. Michael Jordan was the GOAT as an NBA basketball player, but as a GM/Owner, he's awful. That's with him having a ton of advisors helping him too. How much worse will one or two random people making twdt ratings do?

Point is, none of it matters anyway, so dont stress about it. If a captain is good, they will find value in picking underrated players, while bad ones will pick overrated players. That's pretty much how it always goes anyway. Theres really no way else to do it, since I doubt everyone wants to go through each rating with a fine toothed comb to make it accurate. If they did that, youd see a lot more bitching than you do currently, because there are far more overrated players than underrated in this game.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

If ye wana humor this lad, make progress chart of players mentioned. For kado & zizzo it would be flat, for tripin downwards, and finally for rozay and hanri it's going heavily up. Performance wise players providing flat progress should remain as they are, not go up.

Comment

Also Henry Saari often nose buried in scam, he is a long time 8* because he is The Don, don't expect a change.

Comment

Hellrazor you are admitting rating bias? Or does scamming mean the stats for him are faked?

Comment

Who's the 3-post knob-jockey?

Comment

I admit nothing because I cannot be sure but it's very suspicious with time. His statistics are right, albeit he care to much about it and forgot to push sometimes. But to me Saari got a free pass.

Comment

Henry's 8* is completely fair. He produces decent recs but doesn't do much for breaking crams or flag control. I'd take sky or bell over henry and they're 8s too.

Comment

Also I have a feeling that Henry Saari and Hulk are in Ogron's plan. Maybe Ogron have some sort of power of influence for those ratings. Ease is his long time teammate, they probably did a lot of shenanigans together on their history. Just my thoughts, I'm aware I can be wrong.

Edit : I mean I'm always on guard with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                      That's not how this works Za!Dink. See, ratings in twdt have and always will be based around who is friends and enemies with who. It has very little to do with actual ability in many cases.
                      This is just a ridiculous claim. To assume that Ease, of all people, is playing favoritism with the ratings is hilarious in itself. You've been around long enough to remember the Thunder banned list, right?

There's a lineup cap now that's intended to create parity for every captain in the draft. In wb/jav, any collection of players that total 40* should be relatively equal and competitive. So everything, ratings especially, is based off creating parity which is governed by the cap. This is where I think you're misguided when thinking about this. We're not rating TWEL skill, elim skill, individual skill, or anything else that isn't as relevant in TWDT, and we're not rating who the best players of all time are. We're judging whether or not, in a 5v5 match, where we all have an intuition of how things play out, is your expected production and impact (average k/d, your floor/ceiling, presence, winning intangibles, teaming, all of the things that matter) more aligned as a 6*, 7*, 8*, 9*, or 10*? It's not based off stats alone, name recognition, or alleged favoritism and lazy conspiracy theories that have already been written here.

10/9/8/7/6 lineups should compete against 8/8/8/8/8 lineups. Both of those should be equal to a 10/8/8/7/7 or a 9/9/8/7/7 lineup. Plug in whichever names you want in there, and if the ratings are as accurate as possible, the lineups should be relatively even. This also takes all the nuance that you claim isn't there into the equation. Flew may not always average 9* stats, but his impact on the game easily puts him there. Beam puts up 10* stats, but as a non-pusher, maybe he doesn't have definitive 10* impact.

We ran the experiment last TWDT, and the lineup cap philosophy proved mostly true. I would say 6*s ruin the system a bit, and maybe it's worth pushing the lineup cap to 41* even with 8 teams. 7* should maybe become the new floor for entry, with a few 6*s capable of playing competitive leagues with teams who have two 10*s or several 9*s. But with all the 10*s signed up, we're forcing too many 6*s into a competitive league where they're going to determine too many outcomes throughout the season. We should be catering to the 7*s and above more than 6*s anyway.

But Exalt, I can't help but think your years-long hiatus is clouding your judgment in most of your post. What did Mega Newbie do for Paladen? Go 6-10 back to back in the playoffs? Then when he decided not to show up the next week, Paladen won their first TWLD playoff game in the last 25 years? Seems he was at his highest impact when he didn't logon. Beam is clearly around a 9.5* wb based off skill, impact, and performance over the last 3 years. That's why I said it's debatable. He's either underrated at 9* or slightly overrated at 10*. I'm not seeing the controversy there.
                      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post

This is just a ridiculous claim. To assume that Ease, of all people, is playing favoritism with the ratings is hilarious in itself. You've been around long enough to remember the Thunder banned list, right?

There's a lineup cap now that's intended to create parity for every captain in the draft. In wb/jav, any collection of players that total 40* should be relatively equal and competitive. So everything, ratings especially, is based off creating parity which is governed by the cap. This is where I think you're misguided when thinking about this. We're not rating TWEL skill, elim skill, individual skill, or anything else that isn't as relevant in TWDT, and we're not rating who the best players of all time are. We're judging whether or not, in a 5v5 match, where we all have an intuition of how things play out, is your expected production and impact (average k/d, your floor/ceiling, presence, winning intangibles, teaming, all of the things that matter) more aligned as a 6*, 7*, 8*, 9*, or 10*? It's not based off stats alone, name recognition, or alleged favoritism and lazy conspiracy theories that have already been written here.

10/9/8/7/6 lineups should compete against 8/8/8/8/8 lineups. Both of those should be equal to a 10/8/8/7/7 or a 9/9/8/7/7 lineup. Plug in whichever names you want in there, and if the ratings are as accurate as possible, the lineups should be relatively even. This also takes all the nuance that you claim isn't there into the equation. Flew may not always average 9* stats, but his impact on the game easily puts him there. Beam puts up 10* stats, but as a non-pusher, maybe he doesn't have definitive 10* impact.

We ran the experiment last TWDT, and the lineup cap philosophy proved mostly true. I would say 6*s ruin the system a bit, and maybe it's worth pushing the lineup cap to 41* even with 8 teams. 7* should maybe become the new floor for entry, with a few 6*s capable of playing competitive leagues with teams who have two 10*s or several 9*s. But with all the 10*s signed up, we're forcing too many 6*s into a competitive league where they're going to determine too many outcomes throughout the season. We should be catering to the 7*s and above more than 6*s anyway.

But Exalt, I can't help but think your years-long hiatus is clouding your judgment in most of your post. What did Mega Newbie do for Paladen? Go 6-10 back to back in the playoffs? Then when he decided not to show up the next week, Paladen won their first TWLD playoff game in the last 25 years? Seems he was at his highest impact when he didn't logon. Beam is clearly around a 9.5* wb based off skill, impact, and performance over the last 3 years. That's why I said it's debatable. He's either underrated at 9* or slightly overrated at 10*. I'm not seeing the controversy there.
                        When did I say Ease did anything? The ratings are basically the same as they always were. Who has time to go through that shit to change it?

My point was that the ratings are really subjective and don't matter anyway. Good captains will find underrated players and bad ones will find overrated ones. It all evens out in the end.
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I have respect for the player, but you are either hypocrit or literally living in the Kingdom of Caring. Every humans are able to scheming, it is in our nature, and Ease as every staff is human. Also using the card "conspiracy theory" at every mistrust is lazyness. However personaly there's a part of me that thrust Ease to be independant.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

When did I say Ease did anything? The ratings are basically the same as they always were. Who has time to go through that shit to change it?

My point was that the ratings are really subjective and don't matter anyway. Good captains will find underrated players and bad ones will find overrated ones. It all evens out in the end.
                            Since Ease was the one who updated the ratings and posted them here, I assumed he had the time to do it. You think he just said fuck it and c/p'd ratings from 2006?

The point is the ratings do matter. There's no way to fairly balance out a severely overrated/underrated player who stays that way the entire season. It's worth getting it right.
                            PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                            ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

At rab: you've been listed in all previous leagues but so bad(?) your caps havent even fielded you, while stats show clearly and without bias which players clearly are progressing. Seeing you've also captained a basing team in some cup it shows how much you know about players.

You guys be all bias you want just wanted to drop on for fact check. These guys who have progress charts going up are going to perform above their ratings and this is clear from how they are progressing. The level of play where these guys are showing progress, you guys thought of that? According to the lines in scoresheets the legio team for example smacked actual pros that were pros when i left and still are, not some newbies.

Comment

What is your alias?

Comment

Working...
                                X