RATINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turban View Post
    Most of the ratings are fine with only few players deserving to be bumped or lowered a tier depending on how you want the league to run. Right now there are a lot of great value picks, and some players who have very little value due to being overrated.

My opinion may be biased, but I still would like to think that I am a rather good judge of skill and talent.

suggested warbird rating changes --

Jamal, Morph, and Ra should higher on the priority list to be bumped up to an 8-star rating. Pretty much all of these players averaged 11-8 scores during the last TWDT season, and many performed at a good level in TWL which is definitely a different setting, but worth mentioning nonetheless. Amnesti, Zizzo, Hellkite, Commodo, and Rough have the potential to play at a higher rating as well in a TWDT setting. I would be fine with any of these players retaining their current rating.

Geio can be considered to be lowered one tier considering his recent performances and activity. There are several players in the 8-star rating bracket who play at a very similar level when it comes to skill and impact, such as Ogron, Trasher, Spezza, and Ardour. Attacks should be lowered 9-star rating as he is not on the same level as other 10-star players. If we going with no upgrades in rating, then I would perhaps argue Kado to be lowered to 7-star rating to match players such as Jamal and Morph to add more high value players to the pool.

suggested javelin rating changes --

Tripin is the only player I would raise to an 8-star rating. I would also argue Spezza could be raised to 8-star rating, but that's only because he absolutely destroyed me last night in javduel.

Kim and Mean Gene are very close to 9-star rating, and in some situations could be bumped up a tier. Kim seems to lack something in a 5vs5 setting where as Mean Gene is inconsistent, thus either rating works for these players.

Spawnisen likely deserves to be lowered to 7-star rating. He was never that talented of a player, and now after several years of inactivity you should expect even less of him.

suggested basing rating changes --

Vys, Beam, Singer, Bram, and Banks should be bumped up to an 8-star rating. These players either have a history of both performing and playing at a high level, or simply have more than enough experience and potential to warrant a rating change. Players such as Thrill, Afghan, Rozay, and Public Assassin are worth considering as well, but lower on the priority list.

Henry Saari deserves to be bumped up to 9-star rating, but I do agree that he can be a detriment to most teams given his style of play.
    I'm probably rated 10 because ive hit at least one game for the last 3 season where ive gone 20+ turban.

I'd stick to suggestions for javs and base if I were you.

Edit: juat played a game for the first time in 4 weeks, I suck. Put me as 7*
    Last edited by Attacks; 07-05-2019, 09:25 PM.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Ratings, and the amendments, look good.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Not sure how I should be an 8 star rating in base. I've not based for over 2 years, due to being rated an 8 star player. This should be reviewed. There's no way my basing game is the same as my jav game. 10-8-7 was a good rating.
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

I mean, some of the ratings are pretty bad and only based on skill from a decade ago, not today. I see some 8* players that literally went 2-10 and died out first in every single twl game they played in, making them a 6* in reality, but due to being good long ago, they remain at a high rating. It would be fine if you could say they have the potential to be better, because they light it up in other areas like elim or something, but they are really bad there too. Some captain will pick them, because they dont pay attention to real skill vs reputation, and their team will be hurt for it. These players themselves are hurt for it too, because they'll never play a single game once captains realized they're a detriment to their team at that high of a star rating. You mine as well play a legit 6* with potential than an 8* with none. Honestly, I dont know why anyone would want a higher rating either, because it's better to be underrated than overrated.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post

I'm probably rated 10 because ive hit at least one game for the last 3 season where ive gone 20+ turban.

I'd stick to suggestions for javs and base if I were you.

Edit: juat played a game for the first time in 4 weeks, I suck. Put me as 7*
            7* in wb? yeah no way in hell ur 8* at least. minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
              One thing I've been thinking is how it seems like everyone's rating has been mostly going up and almost none are going down.. shouldn't that affect the star cap limit as well, move it up to 41* instead of 40* atleast? Just a thought
              the real major change was to remove any 5* rating where it starts at 6. As Ease and claus stated ratings were not perfect, and prob wont be exactly finalized up till draft day where the actual teams must be picked. 40* seems reasonable as a typical line (ideally) for wb/jav could be 10/8/8/7/7 or interchange the 10 and 8 with two 9's. gotta find the best lineup where certain players mesh well with each other + activity.

Comment

the real major change is having 8 teams instead of 6, so the higher star players aren't so densely packed.

Comment

tru dat, more of the midrange players get to play (assuming most of each team actually show to games)

Comment

I agree with Turpin. Please demote me from 8* honours. I should be 6-6-6 max.
                    Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                    TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

felix, jav, 6->7

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
                        I agree with Turpin. Please demote me from 8* honours. I should be 6-6-6 max.
                        ur 7/8/(unknown) dunno how well u base at the minimum no way in hell r u 6 in jav

Comment

Signups and Ratings are LOCKED.

Important notes:

-Holy Ship was the final signup and is rated 7/7/7
                          -Peru quit and is not draftable
                          -Ease is not playing
                          -Rasaq and Mean Gene both said they weren't playing but later signed up, and are in the draft and selectable

I think that's all the pertinent info, Ease has the ratings changes he made in the main post.

Thanks!
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post

ur 7/8/(unknown) dunno how well u base at the minimum no way in hell r u 6 in jav
                            Lol unknown?! If we being serious, I triple crowned last season. Terrorists lineup was the same in each division and owned every match so easily... I never agree that a rank that is involved with how the league runs should ever be based on anyone's opinion. Should always be based on past performance which we have got more enough stats of and loads of people coming up with impressive spreadsheets analysing them. I only push for a lower rating so it improves my chances of getting more play time.
                            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

i dont pay attention to basing much so excuse that...but regardless of basing ratings off recent performances, im sure those who created them (ease, ogron) takes into account the skill cap of players in a ship to rate them on the scale. this probably has a bigger effect compared to "past performance"

Comment

ardir is 3 league pro

Comment

Working...
                                X