Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, so much butthurt people in this thread. Before openly accusing of anyone breaking the rules, please get your facts straight.

Unlike trading during the initial draft, trading FA picks will be possible, but the value of the potential pick will be determined by the quality of player(s) who are expected to be available at the specific drafting position. It will also count as one of a captain's four trades per season.
    Everyone seems to be forgetting what the star cap does to the value of players. I'm still 50-50 on this trade because I really like our team with rozay and joe. In the other hand Ra is great player and great guy, so is beam. Racka wanted to go on with a trade so I gave him my blessing too. I havent logged in since sunday so I dont know how much ground your conspiracy theories have but I highly doubt this is intentionally to make someone lose or to give up.

Have you taken a look what the best lines for each team will be after the trade? I a look suggest you take a look and tell me if the benefits are not in balance.

I personally dont care if it is approved or denied. Just wanted to make this post to get you out of the bubble.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

The cheating isn't about the trading of picks, it's about refusing to play. Refusing to play must result in a warning as per the rules, and to discourage it in future it must not be rewarded by allowing the person to move to another team in a trade that gives a huge advantage to that team.

Quote from the rules posts:

Threatening a captain prior to the draft of not showing or refusing to play for them after being picked will constitute an immediate warning. If the behavior continues, the player will be banned for a minimum of (2) seasons. Be an adult and ask for a trade. If that doesn't work, be a bigger adult and soldier through for the sake of the community and your future in TWDT.
      Have some fucking facts motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
        Beam is refusing to play on flew's team because of the lack of wb's / 0-6 hole, and wants a superstar to play with along the lines of wanting to play jav as flew said no. I feel flew is now left with a decision he does not want to make but to get pieces in return. The pieces in return are horrible according to me. RA is a three leaguer alone and is better than those 3 picks and I don't see anything special in Beam but he would definitely contribute as a wber and shark. This really hurts flew and his team but we can all say it's his fault for drafting a child. I don't mind trades but it has to benefit both teams and this trade does not at all.

this trade should not be approved if we want integrity and competitiveness of the league. Lastly, beam trying to force his way out like his Lebron or something, you sir are like a Jeremy Lin.
        I guess people are too stupid to read what I wrote earlier...
        1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
        1:Zidane> congrats man
        1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
        1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
        1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
          Beam is refusing to play on flew's team because of the lack of wb's / 0-6 hole, and wants a superstar to play with along the lines of wanting to play jav as flew said no.
          Then Beam should be cancelled, and Flew's team should be given a commensurate player from the FA.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Last edited by Singer; 07-18-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post

Then Beam should be cancelled, and Flew's team should be given a commensurate player from the FA.
              Nope
              1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
              1:Zidane> congrats man
              1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
              1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
              1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

No you can't shuffle players around via trades or fa to make up for the imbalance of having a player refuse to play. It always ends up unfair to the other teams. The rules have a severe punishment (2 season ban) for refusing to play precisely because it's so difficult to resolve.

Comment

beam said yesterday he hasn't refused to play, only that he couldn't show week 1.

also, Flew accepted a much better trade for beam, netting Tripin in return (a stronger player at 8-stars in base than either pick currently on offer) and Turban somehow got Ease to nix it after they'd already accepted.

if you're desperate to get value back for beam thinking he won't show, that Tripin trade represented the most value and lets you keep Ra, who has a lot of value across multiple leagues.

Dreamwin you're the biggest conspiracy nutjob in this game, dkm. you've cried more on these forums about invented slights than any person in history.

that trade is fucking horrible, and it's not particularly close. nobody good in this game thinks that trade is fair outside WIN OR DIE players.

turban has no intention of trying to win, and is just trolling the league to spite people he doesn't like and dumping good assets to friendly shores, it's a complete joke.

and why is he allowed to make trades and act like a captain? it's flews team.

top 100 basers list

Comment

turban/beam traded to Pub for A Sporon/Lao916x

Comment

Good active 6/7 stars are very valuable in some situations and should not be marginalized.
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I would advise some people to do some fact checking before throwing out these kind of false accusations, and most importantly Ogron really needs to get rid of his precious tinfoil hat because those are some seriously fucked up claims you made about me.

I have told several players that one of the major reasons I signed up for TWDT was out of spite. It is not a secret that I absolutely loathe the way Ogron treats other players in this game. He is completely unbearable at times, and his constant negative remarks and taunts eventually pushed over the edge which ended up with me signing up to compete for one last season. Now I am not claiming to be a bastion of hope and light because I am definitely mean-spirited at times, and have been extremely vile towards him on multiple occasions. We are simply a terrible mismatch of personalities and this is why we often lock horns with one another. Nevertheless I still greatly respect him as a league operator. He has an innovative and bright mind when it comes to improving our zone and leagues, and works harder than most people in this game. He absolutely loves Trench Wars and wants it to thrive, and that is a quality only very few players possess these days.

To shed more light into the story, l0ast night Ogron constantly kept calling me and my team dirty cheaters after he heard about the potential trade that we were considering, and immediately started accusing us for conspiring with WIN OR DIE because some of their members are my former squad mates from last league. I could have simply ignored his usual outburst, which is my preferred approach, but this time I could not control my annoyance and told him the truth about how one of the reasons why I signed up because he simply would not shut the fuck up. This changed the topic and he promptly proclaimed that I was back on his ignore list, and now he is trying to spread fake news for some reason filled with malicious intent.

I am not trying to ruin the league for anyone, and the claim of me usurping captaincy from Flew is outright ridiculous. Flew has the final say on every single trade offer, and we discuss everything very thoroughly while weighing our options. Our team is still very much trying to qualify for the playoffs which is why we are hoping to make some trade deals happen to sort out some glaring weaknesses in our lineups. We have contacted most teams in the league in the hopes of striking a trade deal which would have an immediate benefit for both parties.

As far as the situation with Beam is concerned, there was no ulterior motive. We argued for several hours in a private chat and there are several witnesses. It would be an understatement to say that things got heated at times, and I am not exaggerating when I say that there were at least 15 different trade offers made involving Beam during this short time period.

Beam has not refused to play for our team as far as I am aware. I like him as a player as he has good value in two leagues, and would prefer to keep him on the team. He personally told me he would not be able to show to the first week, and would most likely be able to show to other weeks. No promises were made about his show rate which is understandable as you can't really promise to show every week because real life takes priority over spaceships, and only very few know their schedule for months in advance. He would prefer to play on a team where he has more friends because he only really talks to me on the current roster, but that does not mean we should give him for free.

The current trade offer does slightly favor WIN OR DIE, but not by an enormous amount as some people in here claim. We can look at the players involved in the trade on an individual level and see what they are worth to our team.

Joe is not an amazing shark, and is very comparable to Beam in terms of impact they may have on a team. One could claim that it is more beneficial for us to have Joe as he is an active player and capable of showing pretty much every week, and our team is really struggling when it comes to sharks. However, Beam has insane value when it comes to TWDT-D. In case you have not noticed we happen to have three players with a 9-star rating in his main league. I am not as good as him, but I daresay I am still good enough to not completely break the back of our team. In this case you can essentially say that we are trading an inactive shark for an active shark, and as a bonus WIN OR DIE gets a warbird to their starting lineup.

Ra is clearly more talented than Rozay when it comes to his basing abilities, and he also has good value in TWDT-D for the teams who need a player with his star rating. We can say that WIN OR DIE benefits here by getting a better spider, albeit at a higher cost, and a decent warbird backup for when Dreamwin can not show to a game. We do get an upgrade to Ra in the free agent the following week, and thus are only weaker for one week unless further trade deals are being made.

To sum it up, WIN OR DIE benefits from this trade by getting a starter and backup warbird, and improves their spider line. Mist gets two active basing players with high show rates. Free agent draft will most likely yield a player such as Jones who plays all three leagues at solid level, and is most likely rated 8/8/7 in all three leagues respectively. In the event of someone even stronger signing up, we can upgrade this pick to Okyo who would be very good in all three leagues assuming good show rates.

I don't think the trade deal will go through, but there is my two extended cents on the matter.

Comment

Not trying to start a witch hunt or another flame war, and thus would also like to openly propose a ceasefire with Ogron. I feel enough tears and blood have been shed over the years. I am sorry for all the mean things I have said to you over the years, both directly and indirectly. I will simply stop interacting with you any further if that is your wish.

Comment

I don't want to fight with you, either.

I want Mist competing for a playoff spot and doing as well as possible.

This trade would 100% destroy any chance of Mist winning anything. You can't trade two players who start at mostly favorable star levels across 4-6 leagues for two 1-league basers and be viable.

Trading away 3rd and 4th round picks for 8th and 11th round picks is insane.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

Lol...rab knows...

I quoted ease himself about not trading draft picks. The free agency is still a draft so his rule about draft picks applies to the free agency. This is of course unless he has retroactively changed his mind about that and I am unaware of it.
                              To clear up any confusion, I did not allow trading draft picks in the initial draft ONLY. I specifically wrote in the language stating "Unlike trading during the initial draft, trading FA picks will be possible," but forgot to remove the last part of it stating that only four trades are allowed.

My reasoning was that in past seasons the draft order was decided immediately prior to the initial draft. Captains did not have time to make deals swapping picks, so it never happened. However, trading FA picks has always been possible. In hindsight, I shouldn't have allowed it because there's too much uncertainty surrounding who will actually be available in the draft and what the actual value of a trade will be. But, I cannot remove it now. Therefore, trading FA picks is allowed.

With that said, I am still considering this trade but have serious reservations about whether Flew feels this trade will truly benefit his team. Currently, as an outsider, it appears this trade is an overreaction based on what happened week 1. Flew picked Ra and beam rounds 3 and 4 for a reason. For Flew to then toss his third and fourth round draft picks for players that were chosen round 8 and round 11 doesn't make much sense to me, even when factoring in the fourth pick in the FA draft. Normally, even if a trade is slightly unbalanced, it should be approved if an argument can be made that it makes both teams better. Yet, based on Flew's draft order I'm not confident that's the case.
                              Phiz> I probably am gay
                              Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Flew if your a fking cap then speak up and do the right thing jesus christ. Enough discussion. This proposed trade completely destroys an already struggling Mist, 100%. The tradeoff is nowhere near close, and the best player you can hope for that's potentially available at your draft position in the FA is okyo, and he can only do so much to right the ship. Bro, everyone is debating and debating about this event, but this is YOUR team. Fking speak up and do the smart thing; i get that you can have your top-most ranked player co-cap with you but you seriously need to voice your own decision, after all it is your team.

Comment

Working...
                                X