My Starters, all teams all leagues, without explanations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
    My opinion on the second trade : It's a master move from Singer, and the opposite for Flew. I'm not following Ogron's conspiracy theory but this trade is strange at best.
    I don't see why people think Tripin is a bad player, while Beam is a great one. Beam is not a better WB than Tripin, regardless of what others may say. Maybe Tripin is rusty, while Beam is not, but if Tripin actually unrusted to his old skill level, the comparison isn't even close. Neither player was picked for the other leagues (although I guess Beam is servicable as a shark according to Tiny), so really, you can only measure them based on WB skill.

Where Flew loses is Ra and Kim for Pineapple and Viop, since it is bad for Flew's Jav/Base lineup in favor of his WB lineup. If Flew's goal was to have a better shot at winning at least one league though (WB, which he's best at), rather than being spread thin over 3 of them, it's not unthinkable.

Flew should have gotten a better trade for Ra and Kim, but Beam fucked him over by being the player that he always was. Beam was basically given away for free, and everyone knew Flew had no choice but to get rid of him, so the real trade should be judged only as Tripin, Pineapple, Viop for Ra and Kim. As for Beam, he ONLY plays with specific people, because he's nowhere near a 9* WB without those specific players around him, so he really shouldn't be playing in TWDT at all. It's not the right league for him obviously.

Edit: Looks like Tripin has been playing in all 3 leagues, and he's been doing well in all of them. Massively underrated player. You all have some bad recency bias against great older players, and it shows.
    Last edited by Exalt; 07-21-2019, 05:12 PM.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

My opinion on the third trade : I would call it a bad trade for RaCka, especialy since Win or Die is the leader in base, and MC is an excellent choice as 8* (can play all 3 ships at a 8* level), while Cape is only a 10* in terrier and RaCka already have the most underrated terrier : Bitsaver, who cost only 8*. I would call it neither good nor bad move for Singer, on one hand his team is struggling so he need to try different things, on the other hand a team need stability and constantly trading players isn't good for stability.

Comment

We go undefeated so far in basing.
        We get a C+
        Tough critic is tough.
        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
        (10 seconds later)
        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

My opinion on the fourth trade : This is a great move for Rough, Ra is a great spider and is solid in the 2 other divisions, while Murder is not very active. I would call it a terrible move for Singer, however he obviously rely on the 2nd FA pick that goes with, and despite McVicar withdrawing from FA, many late talents could be pretty interesting depending on what ratings Ease gonna give them.

Btw if someone can convince McVicar to come back in FA it would be great, he said that he wont be able to show but nobody can predict 100% the future so he better join back, so he could play in case of he can show. Vys asked to be out of this DT then came back on his decision, which turned to be an excellent thing fo Fish.

Comment

My opinion on the FA Draft, assuming every players show : the best move is Pirates acquisition of Rodney, the lost of Ra to obtain this 2nd pick might have been a smart move from Singer. The other good move, assuming he show, is Okyo. He is an extraordinary player, and with Gryffindor's bunch of underestimated 8* wb, I would rate their warbird line the best team in all divisions. Jones might be an excellent pick for Mist, he is underestimated in both wb and javelin. At the end, both picks that have been traded could be interesting (Rodney and Jones). On the other side, I wonder why Flew picked Fram instead of Magnum Size, Midoent or Pure_Luck, his base team still can't enter 67* at best.

I didn't made changes compared to this season's performances of course.

Comment

My opinion on the 5th Trade, assuming both players show, Zizzo is undoubtedly the winner. Also I find this trade a bit suspicious, Heaven never show and claimed he can't show before playoff, while Undercut only missed one week, the last one. While I don't care if Heaven magically reappear for DT, I hope Undercut didn't go on vacation for several months, as I see no reason for Tiny to make this trade. Thix is way better than Heaven in value for money, and I dont think Heaven is a 9* in spider. While Undercut is a great spider, managing paces, knows how to push and how to camp, he is exactly what Fish misses in base, and it place Zizzo as the main terrier, which is an uprade compare to Heaven. Paddington's spider line was their weakness even before this trade, let see what happens.

Comment

Loving these opinion pieces. Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                  Loving these opinion pieces. Keep them coming!
                  Can count on Singer to make 5 or 6 other trades lol

Comment

My opinion on the sixth trade : ... . Witnesses talk about Tiny entering Ogron's house late at night and quitting the morning with a haggard look. In exchange Ogron gave im a great baser, midoent, which will greatly help Paddington. Paradise could be usefull for Gryffindor especially because Kira Yamato is on a bad form, but the great help given to an opponent doesn't balance. Midoent carried me to my first victory in a base game playing terrier, he was sharking with Jamal and I was retard flying in the base without getting killed once. He's a great 8* in both spider and shark and Paddington was in need.

Comment

not in shark tho they got their Zid oder power duo but no spids

Comment

Good thread.

Pre-trades
                        67 *
                        Zidane 10
                        Thix 10
                        Oder 9
                        Shayde 9
                        Undercut 9
                        tj 7
                        someone 7
                        Someone 7

we had lag issues week 1 and 2 and had 0 options at terr/ shark....heaven is insurance and can spid close enough to a 9 that it wont hurt us too bad.

We are getting outspidered badly and our terr/shark power isnt compensating enough

If one of our 9/10s dont show we drop to 65/64 *s due to lack of options. Some would say they with with 65/64, but I say, our low stars aren't broken enough to fill that void.

magnum and midoent gives us many more lineup options and flexibility and bridges the spider gap.

Not saying this is going to make us top tier but we are going to be more well rounded and have a much better chance at winning more games. It also wont affect our jav Lineup and will help our war bird lineup so all in all I think we got better, but time will tell.
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Working...
                        X