Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !myfreq and general TWDT roster automation

inb4 Rab makes a thread about it

At the start of every single twdt game, people who weren't added need to !myfreq.
    If their squad name matches the team name then !myfreq works.
    If they didn't squadjoin, perhaps because they have a squad for TWD, or if they don't actually own the squad for their twdt team, then this feature doesn't work. The player then has to beg around for a staffer to move them.

Two better ways of doing it:
    1. There was discussion about putting the names of caps and assistants into the bot so assistants would be able to make changes, for example if the cap disconnects. I can't remember where this got to, can someone remind me? Anyway, if this exists, then these people could be able to move people onto their freq.
    2. If inputting the names of caps and assistants why not input all the players, so they could !myfreq as long as they're in the database.

If inputting the names of players, why not also input their ratings, then the validaiton of players and ratings can also be automated.

I think the twdt website uses a different database to the bots, which is why all this shit doesn't already work as I've set out, which is rather derpy.

Discuss, improve, implement, or ignore as usual.

talked to the guy whos been making the bot special for twdt and he said hes gonna incorporate the full team lists so hopefully all works out any player will be able to !myfreq the bot themselves
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

If that works, great job fixing that issue!! Takes pressure off staff and will save a lot of annoyances to players unable to freq.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The other thing we keep having to do manually is posting scoreboxes on the forum.
        Do we still have to do that manually this season?

Comment

No. We've moved on to better times where hosts don't need to post scoreboxes.

Comment

Bitsaver is a champ.

Comment

yea unf

Comment

Working...
              X