Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT-B Week 1 Teams Hot or Not

TWDT-B Week 1 Teams Hot or Not

I knew there would already be a HoN, but I got an inspiration to write something.
    Thanks Wirah for the website, helped writing this a lot.

Pirates

Games this week:
    Mist vs. Pirates (13:46 - 15:00)
    Haze vs. Pirates (15:00 - 2:38)

Team:
    Terrier: skyforger (8)
    Shark: Mythril (10)
    Shark: Violence (7)
    Spider: Henry Saari (9)
    Spider: Tripin (8)
    Spider: Singer (7)
    Spider: Beast (6)
    Spider: 7roll (6)
    61 / 67 stars

Remnants of the Legio XI core, the powerhouse in the regular season of last TWDT, have relocated to the Pirates' ship. Skyforger, Mythril and Henry are only a three though, and they are all unaccustomed to a sea deck. FalconPunch is lost at sea, and didn't sail with his team this week.

Besides all that, the pirates were only firing on 61 of their 67 allowed cannons. I would ask if Tripin is suffering from being overrated at an 8 (he is definitely not overhydrated), but the slots are so underutilized that that question flies straight out the cabin window.

Pirates defeated Mist but they are likely the last team as per basing, so no big plunder was gained there. If you're a pirate you should be able to navigate through mist, that's a given.

HOT: Violence (21-110, 2.9 RPD and 6-72, 2.8 RPD). I think I saw a sweet shrap from him, but it's hard to see through all the mist and haze.
    NOT: 7roll (41-47) and Tripin (48-62). Rolling and tripping over the shipdeck, falling by the wayside.

Paddington

Games this week:
    Paddington vs. Win or Die (3:31 - 15:00)
    Paddington vs. Fish (4:04 - 15:00)

Team:
    Terrier: thix (10) -> Tiny (7)
    Shark: zidane (10)
    Shark: Oderus Urungus (9)
    Spider: shayde (9)
    Spider: Tiny (7) -> thix (10) -> Undercut (9)
    Spider: tj hazuki (7)
    Spider: LaSenza (7)
    Spider: Spectacular (6) -> destruct (6)
    65 / 67 stars

Undercut and destruct played during the second game.

Thix was too laggy to terr sadly, and sporting the top-rated shark pair of Oderus and zidane (the other being Commodo and Markmrw of Gryffindor) proved inadequate. The Paddington bears couldn't even catch Fish for dinner, but were slapped in the face instead.

LaSenza spent over 5 minutes in warbird trying to get TeKs, good try.

NOT: zidane (6-84, 2.8 RPD and 9-78, 2.9 RPD) and Oderus Urungus (7-76, 2.8 RPD and 16-75, 2.8 RPD). Bears and sharks don't mix well.

Mist

Games this week:
    Mist vs. Pirates (13:46 - 15:00)
    Mist vs. Win or Die (0:36 - 15:00)

Team:
    Terrier: Mikkiz (10)
    Shark: turban (10) -> Bosshawk (7)
    Shark: Bosshawk (7) -> JacKieChan> (7)
    Spider: Ra (9)
    Spider: Public Assassin (7)
    Spider: BIET (7)
    Spider: JacKieChan> (7) -> turban (10)
    Spider: yoast (6)
    63 / 67 stars

I sometimes wonder if turban would be more effective in spider, rather than shark which he always likes to play. This week he spidered and.....we still didn't get an answer to that question, because he spent only a couple of minutes spidering before javving it up for the rest of the game. A move I highly doubt would get you to victory, but one that could have been fun.

If Mist spiders turban they could have enough support (Ra) to win spider battles. How their sharks would fare then though, I'm not sure.

NOT: yoast (44-86, 28-57). yoast protecting Mist is like a moat protecting a ditch.. kind of pointless?

Lag & Luck

Games this week:
    Lag & Luck vs. Haze (9:59 - 15:00)
    Lag & Luck vs. Gryffindor (13:24 - 15:00)

Team:
    Terrier: spacedust (7) -> Trasher (10)
    Shark: JAMAL (10)
    Shark: Mean Gene (8) -> mr. homo (8)
    Spider: cripple (10)
    Spider: Trasher (10) -> spacedust (7) -> afghan (7)
    Spider: zeebu (7) -> mr. homo (8) -> Mean Gene (8)
    Spider: Caos (7)
    Spider: Ardour (7) -> olde (7)
    67 / 67 stars

Afghan and olde played the second game.

Base-stacked team Lag & Luck surprisingly started 0-2 in base. To their credit they faced some of the tougher opponents, the top 2 in fact in my opinion. Lag & Luck really tried against Gryffindor, and definitely didn't make it easy for us, it was a close game.

NOT: spacedust (23-47). Spacedust is doing his hardest to protect the walls of the flagroom from bullet impact. This way staff won't have to run another fundraiser to renovate them.

Win or Die

Games this week:
    Paddington vs. Win or Die (3:31 - 15:00)
    Mist vs. Win or Die (0:36 - 15:00)

Team:
    Terrier: bitsaver (8)
    Shark: Major Crisis (8)
    Shark: Nipple Nibbler (8)
    Spider: dreamwin (10)
    Spider: skatarius (9)
    Spider: JURASSIC (8)
    Spider: rozay (8)
    Spider: Sakke (7)
    66 / 67 stars

RaCka's Win or Die picked up the spiritual mantle of Mythril's Legio XI from last draft season, and played a line consisting mainly of 8-stars. (or a spiritual war helmet, I should say) The charge was lead by dreamwin and they ran over several people. Some people were definitely surprised this week by Win or Die's performance.

Win or Die blew Paddington out of the water, a team that has zidane, Oderus and other high stars in play. Mist has less of a line but they were in turn allowed only under of a minute of flagtime.

HOT: dreamwin (72-35, 1 TeK and 85-20, 1 TeK). Going no-show for a while after this week, this was the week for dreamwin to give a good show.

Gryffindor

Games this week:
    Fish vs. Gryffindor (2:36 - 15:00)
    Lag & Luck vs. Gryffindor (13:24 - 15:00)

Team:
    Terrier: Rab (8) -> Ogron (10)
    Shark: Commodo (10)
    Shark: Markmrw (9)
    Spider: nowon (10)
    Spider: Davy (9) -> Rab (8)
    Spider: Holy Ship (7)
    Spider: Banks (7)
    Spider: Terminator 17.5 (6) -> Anonym (6)
    66 / 67 stars first game, 67/67 stars second game

Ogron and Anonym rotated in for Davy and Terminator 17.5 in the second game.

Gryffindor got two base wins this week. Lag & Luck was the tougher opponent, and Gryffindor was down like 2-8 before grappling back up. Hard-fought game.

HOT: Terminator 17.5 (46-28, 1 TeK). Played very good I feel.
    HOT: Ogron (42-4). Kept alive nicely in the flagroom during the second game before we stabilized.
    HOT: nowon (67-26, 1 TeK and 118-64, 2 TeKs). Shooters looked up to Spezza as lead spider and he handled that role neatly.

Haze

Games this week:
    Lag & Luck vs. Haze (9:59 - 15:00)
    Haze vs. Pirates (15:00 - 2:38)

Team:
    Terrier: SpookedOne (8)
    Shark: hulk (10)
    Shark: WillBy (7)
    Spider: wbm (9)
    Spider: Rough (8)
    Spider: RUCCI (8)
    Spider: Lockdown (7)
    Spider: felix_da_kat (7) -> Poni (7)
    64 / 67 stars

Poni played the second game.

Haze got overlooked in the draft reviews as a mediocre DT-B team, but after bding with some of them I knew this team was very dangerous. Wbm for example is playing a top game. He is set to have a low showrate, but if he can show to the semis and finals, how much does that even matter? Another monster is hulk, and WillBy is a good shark to pair with him, great value at 7.

Haze defeated Lag & Luck, the base heavy team with convincing numbers. Furthermore, they won with only 64 stars, showing they have ample room for upgrades.

HOT: SpookedOne (40-2, 2 TeKs and 29-1, 1 TeK)
    HOT: wbm (102-60 and 78-41)
    HOT: hulk (26-105, 2.8 RPD and 7-71, 3.0 RPD)

Fish

Games this week:
    Fish vs. Gryffindor (2:36 - 15:00)
    Paddington vs. Fish (4:04 - 15:00)

Team:
    Terrier: Zizzo (9)
    Shark: morph (9)
    Shark: Sprackle (7)
    Spider: vys (8)
    Spider: maketso (8)
    Spider: Raples (8)
    Spider: Hellrazor (6)
    Spider: Myollnir (6)
    61 / 67 stars

Fish had a rough start swimming upstream against Gryffindor, but made a heroic return when they took down Paddington. Was the middle-heavy 8-star lineup at work again?

Vys both javved And warbirded, launching 9 TeKs towards the lag-vexed bear team.

HOT: vys (43-41 and 61-32, 9 TeKs)

HOT Team of the week: Haze. A top three base team now.

NOT Team of the week: Lag & Luck. High expectations from the draft didn't pan out for the basing behemoth, because this week they only lost & lost.
    Last edited by Holy Ship; 07-22-2019, 06:39 PM.

Thanks for doing this Holy Ship, I thought we were the only team to win a base game with only 61*. Also lol at Lag & Luck, the only team playing 67* both games and losing both games, but as you said they faced the 2 number ones.

Also It was impossible to break cram against your team, I was ready to vs some Aquatis recs by pushing but no, impossible : ( .

Comment

Working...
    X