Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rab View Post

In the SpiderStats sheet it's cell T3.
    The number 11 is in that formula twice, it's basically saying 11 games are required to give you 100% confidence.
    Change that number to 5 or 6.
    Apply the change to the entire column.

Apply the same change to terr and shark stats.
    Thanks! I switched it to 7 which definitely makes it seem more legit. A large chunk of people are at 100% now and more will be with 4 games left. People that don't have great scores have dropped that were previously higher like Tripin.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Statistics from all three leagues are now complete!

I rounded up everyone's work and re-did the OVERALL Stats:

The way I do it:

1)

Your best league (100%)
      Your 2nd best league (80%)
      Your 3rd best league (60%)

By not just straight summing all three leagues, it lowers the values of mediocre players who start all three leagues, and increases the value of players excelling in one or two leagues. I think it provides a better rank order.

For instance:

If you're doing meh but start every league and have 50, 50, 50 in all three = 150
      You're a really strong player in two leagues and have 75 and 70 in two = 145

I don't like that.

My formula:

50 (100%), 50 (80%), 50 (60%) = 120
      75 (100%), 70 (80%) = 131

I think that looks better. The player with the 75 and 70 should be higher, IMO.

2)

Per league, I also generally give 100 rating to the 3rd best player, not the first. There's always 1 or 2 dorks breaking the curve. This is purely aesthetic, and has no impact on rankings, but I feel like it undersells a lot of really good contributers when you give 100 to the #1 player who has played every game and gone bananas and the curve ends up being 100, 67, 66, 62, 50, 47, etc.

Instead it reads 130, 122, 100, 99, 95, 92, 88, etc.

3)

I completely dump the shark stats.

They're always garbage, including when I do them. Performance is just too detached from the stats unless you're PH dropping 50 kills a game with 4 teks and winning.

I just replace them completely with the eye test for Overall rankings, and I think it's much better, based on talent and how they're performing.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
        Statistics from all three leagues are now complete!

I rounded up everyone's work and re-did the OVERALL Stats:

The way I do it:

1)

Your best league (100%)
        Your 2nd best league (80%)
        Your 3rd best league (60%)

By not just straight summing all three leagues, it lowers the values of mediocre players who start all three leagues, and increases the value of players excelling in one or two leagues. I think it provides a better rank order.

For instance:

If you're doing meh but start every league and have 50, 50, 50 in all three = 150
        You're a really strong player in two leagues and have 75 and 70 in two = 145

I don't like that.

My formula:

50 (100%), 50 (80%), 50 (60%) = 120
        75 (100%), 70 (80%) = 131

I think that looks better. The player with the 75 and 70 should be higher, IMO.

2)

Per league, I also generally give 100 rating to the 3rd best player, not the first. There's always 1 or 2 dorks breaking the curve. This is purely aesthetic, and has no impact on rankings, but I feel like it undersells a lot of really good contributers when you give 100 to the #1 player who has played every game and gone bananas and the curve ends up being 100, 67, 66, 62, 50, 47, etc.

Instead it reads 130, 122, 100, 99, 95, 92, 88, etc.

3)

I completely dump the shark stats.

They're always garbage, including when I do them. Performance is just too detached from the stats unless you're PH dropping 50 kills a game with 4 teks and winning.

I just replace them completely with the eye test for Overall rankings, and I think it's much better, based on talent and how they're performing.
        To cut a long story short...I'm the best player in the zone.
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

sprackle is a sick ass 10 star wb lol
          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Working...
          X