X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD

Completed Trades

1. PIRATES trades Major Crisis/Rozay to WIN OR DIE for Tripin/Afri
    2. PIRATES trades Tripin/Pineapple Express/Violence/8th overall FA pick to MIST for Ra/Beam/Kim
    3. PIRATES trades Cape/Geio to WIN OR DIE for Kado/Major Crisis.
    4. PIRATES trades Ra to HAZE for Murder/2nd overall FA pick.

5. PADDINGTON trades Undercut to FISH for Heaven.
    6. PADDINGTON trades Paradise to Gryffindor for midoent.

RULINGS/ANALYSIS

1. Beam for Tripin

Rescinded by both captains.

2. Major Crisis/Rozay for Tripin/Afri

APPROVED without explanation.

3. Ra/Beam for Rozay/Joeses/4th FA pick

As stated earlier, Flew's trade of beam and Ra for rozay, joeses, and the fourth pick in the fa draft is DENIED.

Per the rules, "[u]nlike trading during the initial draft, trading FA picks will be possible, but the value of the potential pick will be determined by the quality of player(s) who are expected to be available at the specific drafting position." Thus, at the time of the decision, I examined the possible picks and who Flew could potentially select.

Any trade that could arguably benefit both trades should be allowed as long as it is not super unfair. However, I find that there is little evidence that the trade benefits Flew. Flew selected Ra with his third round draft pick, and beam with his fourth round draft pick. Racka selected Joeses with his eighth round draft pick, and traded for rozay (who was picked in the 11th round). Flew's early selection of Ra and beam is telling. While relying on draft pick order should not be the sole method of determining trade fairness, Flew's selection of Ra and beam early, while letting Joeses and rozay fall to rounds 8 and 11, respectively, provides significant insight into his perceived value of players in the draft. Assuming that Flew wasn't aware that beam couldn't show week 1, which turban knew and apparently did not relay to Flew, any attempt to trade away beam at the moment appears to be an overreaction to Mist's 0-6 start, and Flew dumping his third and fourth round picks one week into a seven week season makes little to no sense from a competitive standpoint. Flew would be parting with Ra (3-league value) and beam (2-league value), and gaining rozay (1 league value), Joeses (1 league value), and the fourth FA pick (likely a skilled player like Jones, good for adding value in 1-2 leagues).

Further, part of the reasoning behind the trade (according to my discussion with turban) was that Mist was in "win now" mode, and beam's potential to not show was too risky in Week 2. Yet, basing the trade around a FA pick that won't pay dividends until Week 3 doesn't line up with this strategy. I should also note I have spoken with beam and he has confirmed that he's not refusing to play for Flew, and that the only week he was guaranteed not to show to was Week 1.

I apologize to both teams for the delayed response, but the rules (however lacking and mashed together) do allow for 48 hours to rule on any trade proposals. I would suggest in the future putting together a trade that makes sense before you attempt to argue you were prejudiced in any delay.

4. Ra/Beam/Kim for Tripin/Pineapple Express/Violence/8th FA pick

Flew's trade of Ra, Beam, and Kim to Singer for Tripin, Pineapple Express, Violence, and Singer's 8th overall FA pick is APPROVED.

As stated earlier, any trade that could arguably benefit both trades should be allowed as long as it is not super unfair. Here, I find that there is some evidence the trade benefits Flew, and while the trade is definitely in favor of Singer, it's not so unfair as to compromise the integrity of the league.

Flew selected Ra in the third round, Beam in the fourth round, and Kim in the fifth round. Tripin was selected in the third round, and Singer selected Pineapple Express and Violence in the eighth and ninth rounds, respectively. Singer also has the eighth overall FA pick. Therefore, the trade is basically rounds 3/4/5 for rounds 3/8/9/FA pick, for an average draft pick selection of 4 for Flew, and 6.67 (plus an 8th FA pick) for Singer. Further, Ra is a 3 league player, beam a 2 league player, Kim a 1 league player. Tripin is a 3 league player, Pineapple Express a 1 league player, Violence a 1 league player, and the 8th overall FA pick a 1 league player. Both parties requested the trade, and Flew/turban outlined how the trade would benefit them in each league, including their FA targets based on who they thought would be available. It's not my place to question a team's strategy, and I think everyone in here is severely underestimating Tripin's impact. Plus, attempting to trade the same player multiple makes it almost impossible to get completely equal value for that player.

To those of you arguing this trade is worse than the last one, I'm not seeing it. That trade would have been picks 3/4 for 8/11 and 4th FA pick, for an average draft pick selection of 3.5 to 9.5 + 4th FA pick. Ra (3 leagues) and beam (2 leagues) were being traded for Joe and Rozay (both basers that don't participate in other leagues), and an FA pick that was likely 1 league. Therefore, there was no argument that could be made that Flew was trying to improve his wb/jav line at all. Here, at least Flew is trading for players that will play across all three leagues, and that have recently played in leagues with a highly respectable show rate. Further, Flew has admitted to overreacting when attempting the previous trade, but appears to strongly desire this trade to go through, even after having several days to reflect on it.

With respect to beam and the mess he's created, I've been investigating, and based on logs of everything that was said have found that he's not completely at fault for what's transpired over the past week. While I was initially planning on suspending him for 2 weeks (4 games) based on everything I've heard recently, I don't think a 4 game suspension is warranted. However, I am waiting to speak to Flew in-game to hear his side of the whole story, and I am reserving ruling on beam's suspension at this time.

Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: After speaking with the parties involved, beam will NOT be suspended and is eligible to play Week 2 and beyond.

5. Cape/Geio for Kado/Major Crisis

APPROVED without comment.

6. Murder/2nd FA pick for Ra

Trade APPROVED. I intended to approve the trade this morning but was running late. With mcvicar withdrawing from FA, even assuming that changes Singer's draft strategy, trading FA picks is done at your own risk.

7. Undercut for Heaven

Trade APPROVED. Paddington receives Heaven, and Fish receives Undercut.

8. Paradise for Midoent

Trade APPROVED. Paddington receives midoent, and Gryffindor receives Paradise.
    Last edited by With Ease; 08-02-2019, 06:08 PM.
    Phiz> I probably am gay
    Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet
Working...
X