No announcement yet.

HOT OR NOT -- WEEK 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice write up! I definitely agree me being a Not, but in my defense I never knew how to bullet properly (even when I was "good"), so it's not really a surprise that my strategy "just bullet and don't fucking die" didn't work out so well.
    (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
    8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post
      if it checks out, i request Claushouse to write HoN in an unbiased manner towards all teams. If unable to do this, I suggest someone else to do the writeups.
      His draft team is winning and doing really well, the other teams are not. Shall he try to find a negative in something that is doing all the right things in every league, except for the last basing match that came down to the wire, just to make you happy? People on his team have gotten slammed and will at some point in the near future. Hell, maybe even I will for my shitty undering in the last match.

Comment

Bram, that sheet isn't even from this season, that's misleading. It's from another season where he was apparently alias-checked. Staff did not run alias checks thoroughly this season, and requests were ignored, and most captains did not know who Sprackle or Sea Bass were.

Ease has said he would rate them differently if he knew who they were, and if they're going into TWDT with abnormally low ratings and not saying anything, they share some culpability along with staff.

In a TWDT format with such razor-thin margins and where every star counts, they're cheating knowing they're getting misrated and not saying anything.

Ease won't remove them or change their ratings because he doesn't want to punish their teams apparently, but I have no intention of naming them in Hot or Not, I'm not rewarding that crap.

----------------------

On a more positive note, Hot or Not is now complete. Enjoy!

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          NOT: Willby. Heard Willby was reppin' faster than the Oxyclean guy in a 15-second ad. The power of oxygen... is something Hulk wishes his partner no longer had.
          Ouch.

Also hosts or whoever should download obs and record (unless it's still one person hosting 4 arenas). Or just double (quadruple?) client and record them all

Comment

If Ease knew Sprackle was Eria I wonder what rating he would have had. I never heard about both alias before ths season. Also thanks for the HoN Ogron, by the way the pictures didn't appear anymore.

Edit : maybe a bug, it appear now

Comment

If someone dodged a rating due to aliasing their rating should be adjusted now as they're no more or less than a cheating motherfucker. Punishing a team sucks, but rewarding a team for cheating is worse.

Comment

Fake news.

I was 6* last season and quietly bumped up to 8* this season without any fiasco. Sprack had the same name (and alias check) since last season with similar stars. Bad on the ops for not recognizing his potential then, and good on certain caps for doing so now. That's kinda the name of the game with draft tourney tho, no?

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                  We're all old at this point and can't care that much; anyone willing to show their face and do a solid analysis/HoN video? How good would that be.
                  I would love for Mattey to do this. Hes not uploaded a video for 6 months though...
                  Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                  TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Bram, that sheet isn't even from this season, that's misleading. It's from another season where he was apparently alias-checked. Staff did not run alias checks thoroughly this season, and requests were ignored, and most captains did not know who Sprackle or Sea Bass were.

Ease has said he would rate them differently if he knew who they were, and if they're going into TWDT with abnormally low ratings and not saying anything, they share some culpability along with staff.

In a TWDT format with such razor-thin margins and where every star counts, they're cheating knowing they're getting misrated and not saying anything.

Ease won't remove them or change their ratings because he doesn't want to punish their teams apparently, but I have no intention of naming them in Hot or Not, I'm not rewarding that crap.

----------------------

Yeah, I picked that info up from last season's ratings.

I just found out I was on the same team (Power) as Sprackle/Eria last season. And I know you like stats, he played 1 game in wb, went 1-4 before he got subbed out. Not sure on which basis he would've been improved to 7-8* by anyone based on that (on either nickname).

So the thing is, unless he's someone else than he claims to be (easy to check I'd hope?), how could anyone have known he'd drop 2 games like last weekend?

Which other players u think are dodging ratings by aliasing atm? if Ease says he would've rated some people higher if he knew their previous aliases, that's obv a bit shitty for the league.

And about razor thin margins, we played with 38* in wbs and 64* in base... only for javs we struggling to not go over the star limit. Hopefully that eases your mind a bit.

ANyway positive note!

Thanks for doing these HoNs, they're a good read. I'm gonna make sure i'm stayin clear of the not section

PEACE

Comment

We was actually down like 11-3 in the base match Vs lag luck, I wasn't doing anything in wb and then was changed to spider
                      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post
                        if it checks out, i request Claushouse to write HoN in an unbiased manner towards all teams. If unable to do this, I suggest someone else to do the writeups.
                        lol, i'm pretty fair, i've given Rough about 5000 Hots the last 9 years and i can't think of anyone i like less. i'm just not going to reward cheaters who hide on aliases and knowingly get misrated.

you can write the Hot or Nots for all 24 games each week, though, i volunteered to do them again because i was asked and i like contributing to the zone since it is player-run and want to do my part.

i look forward to reading it and getting my sunday nights back and focusing on running my team.

good luck!
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Nice write up as usual.

P.s I swear ixt is falconeer aliased without his constant replies with useless information/responses while not playing in the league he has so much to comment about
                          In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                          twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                          twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

----------------------

I've only said I would rate sea bass differently, but the season before last he had the same rating he does now so it's not a huge issue. With respect to Sprackle, I've never been concerned about his rating because he already played an entire TWL season on that name, and others have known that it's Eria. I would not change Eria's rating from a 6 because he has no history playing warbird.
                            Phiz> I probably am gay
                            Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

[CENTER]HOT OR NOT
                              NOT: Exalt (5-10). Exalt's career highlight was as Quicksand's gatorade boy, and after back-to-back weeks of 5-10s, the only HOTs he's getting are hot towels for Lasenza. Between keeping his team hydrated, providing moist towelettes, and crying on forums, he's practically got a PhD in Hydrology.
                              Are you STILL butthurt that I called you out for being a piece of shit human who has never been good at this game when it was active? You've spammed me with over a dozen ?messages in-game using every alias you owned trying to get more sent, sent me Forum PMs, and now even base HoN posts on it. You are such a pathetic neckbeard incel. How do you live with yourself when your entire life's worth is based on being 'good' (you aren't) at a practically dead game?

PS: I know you were still a pub newb for the entire 10 years Quicksand was alive from around 2005 through 2015, but I was never a waterboy. I wasn't around every single year, but I had been deployed in the military throughout that time, among other real life things. I realize you've never left your mom's basement for 30 years now, so you can't fathom that some people come and go in this game rather than play it religiously 24/7 so they can get to 'playable' levels after 95% of the game already quit (you must hate that this is why you're even relevant at all), but you were a scrub back when QS was around, so don't act like you know anything about it's internal workings.
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I always thought Eria was an up-and-coming player back when I used to talk to him. He was one of the pieces I had wanted to play alongside with me when I made Penetrate LD. He was an exceptional teamer and a pretty smart bird. He was around the same level as Sir Spider who started for us, but has obviously improved since then. Good for him! DX baby!

So that was around 2010? I know he's been off and on since then, he messaged me when he came back 2-3 years ago. If he's a 6 after all these years then maybe his alias is vfx.

Comment

Working...
                                X