Just some thoughts for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some thoughts for next season

1) Make ratings for each base ship. Or disable a ship for a player who wants to play a new ship. Yesterday i was talking with spezza. He would love to shark or terr, but with his 10 rating cuz of spider its impossible imo to play him in these ships. You could either 'ban' him from spider or give him another rating for terr/shark. I myself like to spider more, but i am not worth that 8th star in it.. I think it would be a good option to create more options in terr/shark

2) bring back the 6.5, 7.5 etc rating. I feel like there are several players who got rated a 7 or 8 that will never get the chance to play because there is simpely someone better. Example is beam in jav. As a 6 he would be too broken, but as 7 he is kinda unplayable. Now with the star cap you can switch around more with it.

1. agree - creates options for getting better value from players
    2. disagree - if you have a .5 player you need another .5 player to use your total, if you don't have one it's no different from rounding up

Comment

100% agree with the multiple base ratings. I would love to see this. There are very few who are just good at every basing ship and their rating forces them to play their best. I said earlier we should encourage more low level terr/sharks as there are not too many. Maybe some formula of 25* cap for terr/sharks to encourage use of lower * specials. just my thoughts as well.
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Not sure if I agree or not with the first one.. Kind of just feel like the ratings are off. If someone only terrs or sharks why would he be a 10? Even if he's super good in it.
        lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

I thought about this weeks ago, the ratings for each ship in base, and I think it's a shit idea. Players gonna be even more trapped in one particular ship, the one they are most underrated. I more agree with Zizzo, the ability to play multiple ships in base or not should be taken in consideration for ratings.

Edit : I find the rattings and setting of twdt excellent right now. My only concern would be 66* cap in base to force player like Trasher to play 6* .

Comment

Originally posted by Zizzo View Post
            Not sure if I agree or not with the first one.. Kind of just feel like the ratings are off. If someone only terrs or sharks why would he be a 10? Even if he's super good in it.
            Basicly every 10 star plays only one ship worthy being a 10. Out of my head hulk, jamal, mcvicar, ogron and trasher would be worth 10 in another ship.
            mikkiz and thix are only useful in terr as 10 for example. Mythril, commodo and zidane with shark. They all dominante in their main ship and are same or better level than those 5 other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
              I thought about this weeks ago, the ratings for each ship in base, and I think it's a shit idea. Players gonna be even more trapped in one particular ship, the one they are most underrated. I more agree with Zizzo, the ability to play multiple ships in base or not should be taken in consideration for ratings.

Edit : I find the rattings and setting of twdt excellent right now. My only concern would be 66* cap in base to force player like Trasher to play 6* .
              Yea, the system is right imo. But like i said, there are many players who are unplayable atm. Just because their rating is basicly just inbetween two. Yes if you have a 6,5 in you need another x,0 rating in, but i think that would be easy to balance. And yea... I feel like a lot of 6 stars are left out now.

Comment

Exactly so why are they 10

lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Because they are the best in their main ship. Pretty sure everyone is rated on their best ship and not on their average skill level over base ships. That would be broken.. You will get cripple being 9 because he isnt high level terr or shark. While he is by far the best spider in game.

Comment

Digging both ideas.

Comment

Separate ratings would be nice, but its hard to be accurate when attempting to rate players across three different ships, and that in return leaves even more room for error and possibility of unbalanced lineups. As an example I like to shark whenever possible, but many feel I have more value in spider and find it hard to justify adding me as shark with the rating. However I would probably get to play shark more often with an optional rating, and same can be said about other players.

Comment

In no world you are less than 10* in shark.

Comment

Working...
                        X