No announcement yet.

What to do after this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could a 2 tier twl work? First 2-3 weeks everyone plays each other 1 time top 4 or 5 are tier 1 the rest tier 2. The winner of tier 2 joins tier1 playoff bracket. Rest of tier 2 can have playoffs if they would like for less prestige medal aswell?

Comment

I dont know if this was proposed before.

I know before, years ago, there was a B league that thix helped make. Pretty much had a lot of new players play with the veterans in an attempt to familiarize them in getting involved with the competitive setting of the game.

As frustrating as this will probably be, why dont we make some type of league that has maybe 2-3 veterans and the rest newbies to compete?

Kinda like a sub par TWDT but for newbies. Maybe we can advertise it and see how many newer players would like to partake in it and we can get the newer players somehow involved.

and I mean strict like.... 2 veterans and 8 newbies or some shit like that. Maybe not basing because it?s too complex, but warbird and jav dueling?

when I was new I had no idea what I was doing until I had veterans pretty much introduce me to leagues and competitive play. Pub is ALWAYS full.... even at late nights. I?m sure a lot of them don?t even have an idea about the other side of TW.

or maybe we can add some of the competitive gameplay in the pub arena so the pub players can see and try and involve themselves in it?

like Wbduel, Javduel, Go base all that shit in pub too.

FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
        I dont know if this was proposed before.

I know before, years ago, there was a B league that thix helped make. Pretty much had a lot of new players play with the veterans in an attempt to familiarize them in getting involved with the competitive setting of the game.

As frustrating as this will probably be, why dont we make some type of league that has maybe 2-3 veterans and the rest newbies to compete?

Kinda like a sub par TWDT but for newbies. Maybe we can advertise it and see how many newer players would like to partake in it and we can get the newer players somehow involved.

and I mean strict like.... 2 veterans and 8 newbies or some shit like that. Maybe not basing because it?s too complex, but warbird and jav dueling?

when I was new I had no idea what I was doing until I had veterans pretty much introduce me to leagues and competitive play. Pub is ALWAYS full.... even at late nights. I?m sure a lot of them don?t even have an idea about the other side of TW.

or maybe we can add some of the competitive gameplay in the pub arena so the pub players can see and try and involve themselves in it?

like Wbduel, Javduel, Go base all that shit in pub too.
        Similar to TWD and the staff helper squads when we were introducing the new Steam players. The vets weren't allowed to add themselves or play unless it was absolutely necessary to add themselves to make it even teams, even then you had to dumb yourself down. I had fun when I ran one for about a week or two and I'd think it would do no harm in somehow finding an extensive league to play for lesser skilled players while a TWL season is ran. Allowing newbs to develop and eventually get promoted to a TWL squad with some type of promotional achievement that gives them the right, if picked up by a TWL squad, to be added to 1 game on Sunday. That one chance, played with 4/7 other vets, could give the opportunity some players need to showcase their skill and develop new relationships and memories. A TWL squad would however need a reason to pick up a player from the newb league and that's where the issue lies.

TWL is really the only league that would allow a player to play on a stacked squad and learn more about this game, but there's no reason why a TWL squad would want to play with a newb when their stacked team already consists of players and friends that they want to play with. We need to find a way that would force a squad to pickup a newb player and give that player a chance if we decide to go this route.

Comment

A newb-friendly TWL-style league was proposed years before Steam was ever dreamed of, and that was back when this game was active and had actual new players, rather than 20 year pubbers who never left that one arena, which is about the only people in pub these days. Qan could say exactly how many new, non-aliased players are logging in these days, but it's not going to be a high number. The consensus back when this was first proposed many years ago was that 90% of those new players wanted it, but no staff member would take the time to do it, and no vets would leave their stacked squads long enough to run these squads and help the game grow. They wanted to look down on those players instead. Everyone wanted to keep the status quo, even at the cost of the game dying, and that's pretty much what happened.

Whatever those staff helper squads were years later, they came about far too late. Honestly, proposing that kind of thing now, 10+ years after it was shot down back then by the powers that be, is kind of a sad joke. Maybe it would've been possible with people like Qan running the show these days instead of whoever did back then (Pure_Luck probably, I forget and dont care), but there's not enough new players for this to be a thing anymore. You guys are dreaming.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Exalt in defiance of two tier league because he'd be in tier 2 squad. Obviously there is no "new" players I proposed this because there is huge skill gap between the zones top 3 or 4 squads to the rest. Gives us newbies and top squads quality matches for the second half of season after seeding. There's no need too drag a season on and have top squads blowing out the bottom squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Gkyde1234 View Post
              Exalt in defiance of two tier league because he'd be in tier 2 squad. Obviously there is no "new" players I proposed this because there is huge skill gap between the zones top 3 or 4 squads to the rest. Gives us newbies and top squads quality matches for the second half of season after seeding. There's no need too drag a season on and have top squads blowing out the bottom squads.
              You caught me. I must obviously be against Tier 2 because I'm afraid of Glyde1234 and the other pubbers. It certainly has nothing to do with the fact that all the long-term pubbers refuse to leave pub for other arenas, which is why they never get better, and also why they wont join a Tier 2 TWL either. It certainly has nothing to do with the fact that its been proposed and failed long before people like you even knew this game existed, when there was a significantly larger population of new players who would potentially would have played in that league. It certainly has nothing to do with the fact that TWL as it stands struggles to field teams of 5 players as is, and attempting to field Tier 2-only teams with career pubbers is drawing from a significantly smaller and flakier pool of players.

If you guys want that kind of league, maybe you should make a few squads and play each other in twd first. If you cant even do that, then why would a league be created? Do the most basic requirements first before you ask for something 100 steps ahead.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Why do you keep talking about forming new squads and pubbers joining? This format simply takes whatever squads sign up have them all play once and then separates them into two tiers for the rest of season for quality games over quantity.

Comment

if you play pub for a few hours it becomes pretty apparent there aren't really any new players in pub, just a lot of obscure characters who don't really care and just mindlessly fly about for 1000s of hours.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

maybe you miss them but i can tell you there is new players that arent aliases almost daily... hard to keep them when they come into all the toxic love and spam that goes on but thats been better lately... better if kept to spec chat rather then pub chat... that or spawned spawned spawned leave lol... but i know of at least 2 or 3 in the last 2 weeks that are still coming back in and playing....

if people encouraged rather then bashed at times with a name they dont recognize you never know....lol
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

All game chats are toxic I think we put to much weight on that factor for not retaining steam players. More than likely we all just play a game that not many other gamers enjoy playing

Comment

We need to decide now. TWDT playoffs begin next week so it's time to announce what we're doing afterwards.
                        Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

^ what he said
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

There are potentially two spaces to fill. Ideally we want to choose a major league and have a side league to compliment it.

One of things blocking progress right now is we aren't clear who is readily available to step up as league op for the various options. We can't announce anything without support from the people who will manage it, and the community would agree that things operate much better when the folks with the most experience are running the leagues. I don't have the experience to say "I'll do it!" and guarantee that I'd make the correct appeal decisions etc. Need the pros.

We need to fill the Mid September - Mid December gap... Right now we have the ongoing Elim Championship seasons but we need something for Sundays.

Would Ease be willing to run another if we wanted to host TWDT Winter leading up to Xmas??
                            Would turban be willing to run another TWL if that felt like the right thing to host??
                            Would Mythril be willing to run a TWEL 1v1 or 2v2 tournament??
                            If a Winter TSL fills the gap, who is willing to coordinate this?
                            If Basing Cup or Basing World Cup is the option, who is willing to coordinate this?

Is anyone else with experience willing to put their name forward, or partner up with someone as joint league ops (as we've seen in the past) and run it together. I know Heaven expressed interest in running a league yesterday but I didn't catch which one.

I think we need to answer a few of these questions first
                            Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Wirah Good luck my man.

Comment

whatever the option is, a normal TWL like the prior one is NOT the answer. period. anything else is up to try out.

Comment

Working...
                                X