:\:\:\:\

TWDT-J

Click image for larger version

Name:	cbebe64494.png
Views:	136
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1329352

TWDT-B (to be done)

I was working on automating the statistics spreadsheet. All manual work left is just copy pasting the score boxes to a text file. Everything else is done automatically without any complicated VLOOKUPs. Base is yet to be done as it is a bit trickier but shouldn't be impossible. I suppose the most difficult thing is calculating time spent in each ship but that just requires couple hours of coding.

What do you guys think? What kind of statistics would you want to see? Can basically do anything that is available in the score boxes. The raw data is available on one of the sheets. The statistics views are just pivot tables so it's very easy to create more statistics and group by either teams or stars or whatever. Quick example I did in 15 seconds would be MVPs by different star ratings:

Name:	9bcd9912f3.png
Views:	136
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1329353

Looks like 9 star WBs actually suck
    Attached Files
    lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Performance of the 9* warbirds:

Name:	e45dcc89dc.png
Views:	135
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1329358
    lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Isn't it just that there are more 8* people in the games than 9* people?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        Isn't it just that there are more 8* people in the games than 9* people?
        There are yeah but same goes for javelin. Anyways it was just an example what could be done

Name:	e090ddfa45.png
Views:	161
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1329367

Comment

I would like a win/loss ratio when that player is played. Would be handy for captains.
          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Added basic stats for spid, terr and shark. Need to add TK, FT, TeKs, RPD and stuff "per minute" still

Comment

Nice work thanks Zizzo!

Comment

It's basically sorted by games played (total kills), same issue the other stats sheet had.
                Would be better to sort by kills per game, or come up with some sort of rating formula.

Comment

im fine with it being a kill race and rewarding people for showing up to more games in a league full of unreliable people
                  Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Huge work chief however there is an error with Pineapple Express he did 13-5 not 22 kills the first wb game.

Comment

Yeah I agree the final sorting should be thought through better. Right now it's just total kills.

Will check the Pineapple Express bug tomorrow. Also looks like there's some bug with people MVPing in base. Please let me know if you notice anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                        I would like a win/loss ratio when that player is played. Would be handy for captains.
                        Out of curiosity I did it for our team. I counted Haze game as defeat ofc despite being a screwjob. Players who doesn't reach one full game are in italic.

WARBIRD

Aprix 100%
                        Bram 100%
                        Maketso 50%
                        Myollnir 50%
                        Sprackle 50% 3xMVP
                        Vys 50% 4xMVP
                        Zizzo 44%
                        Morph 37%
                        Bacon 25%

JAVELIN

Myollnir 100%
                        Sprackle 100%
                        Raples 80% 1xMVP
                        Aprix 67%
                        Zizzo 62% 2xMVP
                        Vys 60% 2xMVP
                        Hellrazor 50%
                        Ixt 50%
                        Morph 50% 1xMVP
                        Maketso 40%
                        Melanoma 33%
                        Swagger 0%

BASE

Terrier

Zizzo 50% 1xMVP

Shark

Morph 62% 2xMVP
                        Sprackle 50%
                        Bram 0%

Spider

Melanoma 100%
                        Maketso 75%
                        Bram 67%
                        Aprix 50%
                        Clay 50%
                        Myollnir 50%
                        Undercut 50%
                        Vys 44%
                        Bacon 33% 1xMVP
                        Hellrazor 33%
                        Raples 25%
                        Swagger 0%

Warbird

Vys 50%

Javelin

Vys 0%

Also to me the best way to rank players in wb/jav is the ratio kpg:dpg with a confidence reaching 100% at 7 games.

Edit : I added MVPs
                        Last edited by ronaldinho; 08-12-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Your math seems to add up! Here's the same with pivot table from the raw data:

Name:	43147f6fd8.png
Views:	152
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1329424

Comment

Originally posted by Zizzo View Post
                            Yeah I agree the final sorting should be thought through better. Right now it's just total kills.

Will check the Pineapple Express bug tomorrow. Also looks like there's some bug with people MVPing in base. Please let me know if you notice anything else

Great work, Zizzo.

Can you order them by GameScore like we've been doing for years? It's a really great rank-order system.

It's just Kills + Plus-Minus.

It's how I've calculated the scoring races in WB and Jav for many seasons now, and provides the best of both worlds. Ranking it by just kills is bad, and KPG is also bad -- showing up and actually playing should be rewarded.

The current TWDT-D and TWDT-J stats on Major's page are sorted that way, and look great IMO.

Thanks!
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Can you order them by GameScore like we've been doing for years? It's a really great rank-order system.
                              Done for WB and jav. It doesn't take into account TKs yet. It doesn't affect really anything though but can add it later. The pineapple express bug is because he was traded so the code is putting him to game 1 twice. Will fix that later

Comment

Working...
                              X