Week 7
    Quarter-Finals
    Semi-Finals
    Finals

TWDT-D

Win or Die vs. Fish
    50-40
    Round 1

Dreamwin (14-8) and Racka (14-10) came out the gate strong, leading Geio (11-8), Sea Bass, and Wirah to the win.

Attacks made his debut, as Fish went with the only two 10-Star lineup seen this season with Vys, but it fizzled out early, and the Scoring Race champion couldn't get it going alongside Sprackle, Raples, and Zizzo, as the Magikarps fell 50-40.

HOT: Dreamwin (14-8)
    HOT: Racka (14-10)

Fish vs. Win or Die
    50-44
    Round 2

In the penultimate round, Sprackle (14-7) and Attacks (13-10) bounced back, carrying Bram, Vys, and Zizzo to the W in a very close match.

Racka (13-10) continued to be stellar, but received little aid beyond Geio (11-10), as Wirah, Dreamwin and Sea Bass negged.

HOT: Sprackle (14-7)
    HOT: Racka (13-10)
    HOT: Attacks (13-10)

NOT: Sea Bass (3-10). Sea Bass floundered as he fell on Fish's pikes, getting his guts splattered all over like a Jackson Pollock painting, likely suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome typing an article on Salmon Rushdie from his home in Cape Cod, leading his teammates to shout "Holy Mackerel!"

He's definitely not the Mike Trout or Kahawai Leonard of Subspace.

Sea Bass is definitely going to need medical attention after that round. Someone call the... Sturgeon General.

Fish vs. Win or Die
    50-40
    Round 3

Vys (13-7), Attacks (13-8), Sprackle (14-9), Bram, and Zizzo carried the day, downing WoD in Round 3.

Racka was an absolute monster in this game, putting up a titanic 18-10, but his entire team negged. He should have a word with whoever picked his team.

HOT: Racka (18-10)
    HOT: Vys (13-7)
    HOT: Sprackle (14-9)

NOT: Wirah (3-10). Racka asked Wirah to be a pallbearer at his funeral, so he can let him down one last time.

Pirates vs. Lag & Luck
    50-35
    Round 1

Mythril (14-7) and Singer (12-4) led Pirates to the victory, ahead of Beam, Afri, and Murder.

Trasher (12-10) and Cripple (10-10) played well, but Ardour, Burnt, and JAMAL were atrocious.

HOT: Mythril (14-7)
    HOT: Singer (12-4)

NOT: JAMAL (1-7). Like his name, JAMAL should play in a league featuring all 'caps.

Lag & Luck vs. Pirates
    50-37
    Round 2

Singer (11-3), Mythril (12-8), Afri (11-9), Murder and beam put in a balanced performance to complete the beatdown on Lag & Luck and knock them out of TWDT-D.

Trasher (15-10) valiantly attempted to will his team to victory with a sumptuous performance, but alas, twas not enough, as JAMAL continued to struggle, and Cripple, Burnt and Ardour fared little better.

HOT: Singer (11-3)
    HOT: Mythril (12-8)

NOT: Ardour (4-10). Ardour continued to showoff his lack of versatility, as he torpedoed Lag & Luck's chances in warbird and base with the accuracy of a javelin tosser, which is apropos, because Ardour is both a javelin and a tosser.
    top 100 basers list

TWDT-J

Fish vs. Win or Die
    50-39
    Round 1

Zizzo (14-1) had the game of his life in jav, putting in a ridiculous record and leading Fish over Win or Die with aplomb.

Raples (12-8) played Robin to Zizzo's Batman, alongside Morph, Sprackle, and Vys.

For WoD, Dreamwin (11-6) had a stellar sub-in, but it proved too little, too late as Wirah, Geio, Jurassic, and Racka had dookie rounds.

HOT: Zizzo (14-1)
    HOT: Dreamwin (11-6)
    HOT: Raples (12-8)

NOT: Unlimited (0-5). Unlimited now has more doughnuts than a cartoon police station breakroom.

Fish vs. Win or Die
    50-43
    Round 2

Fish put in a balanced performance to narrow take Round 2 and clinch a Semi-Finals berth, as Raples (12-7), Sprackle (11-7), Morph, Zizzo, and Vys took home the W.

JURASSIC (15-10) alone had the will to take on the Magikarps, but like a German dominatrix who forgot to drink water before her session, ran out of PP.

Racka, bitsaver, Dreamwin, and Wirah negged.

HOT: Jurassic (15-10)
    HOT: Raples (12-7)
    HOT: Sprackle (11-7)

NOT: Dreamwin (6-10). Dumbwin's CHOO CHOO TRAIN went off the rails in this one, as his skill CHOO CHOO CHOOSED to leave him.

Pirates vs. Lag & Luck
    50-35
    Round 1

Pirates came out the gate swinging, punching L&L in the mouth and using their TWDT-D momentum to roll past Trasher's team in a surprise victory.

Kado (18-8) put in a Pharaonic performance on par with building the Pyramids, carrying Pirates singlehandedly, as Mythril (11-7), Rodney, Beam, and Major Crisis could only look on in awe.

Cripple (10-10) was the only player to reach parity, as Trasher, Mean Gene, JAMAL, and Ardour struggled to break free and part the red sea.

HOT: Kado (18-8)
    HOT: Mythril (11-7)

NOT: Ardour (4-10). Let's just say finding good scores from Ardour is Tut-uncommon.

Lag & Luck vs. Pirates
    50-34
    Round 2

Trasher (12-5), Cripple (12-9), Mean Gene, JAMAL, and Ardour found their footing in the second round, taking it easily with a balanced performance across the board.

Pirates all failed to go positive.

HOT: Trasher (12-5)
    HOT: Cripple (12-9)

NOT: beam (5-10).

Lag & Luck vs. Pirates
    50-47
    Round 3

The team with the top record in TWDT-J eked out the narrowest of wins as Trasher (14-8) carried his team to the W, leading Ardour (11-9), Cripple, Mean Gene, and JAMAL to glory (and the Semi-Finals).

This was the deciding moment of the match, as beam took out Kado, who was 16-9 and by far their most important player, with a TK that knocked both Mean Gene and Kado out, and depriving Pirates of their superstar:

Trasher then took out Singer 1v1, then took out Beam 1v1, a ferocious intent glimmering in his eye.

HOT: Trasher (14-8)
    HOT: Kado (16-10)

NOT: Rodney (5-10).
    Dishonorable Mention: Beam. Mr. Magoo over here with 3 TKs over his last two rounds, spent more time lobbing prayers from across the country than the NRA after a school shooting.

Last edited by ogron; 09-03-2019, 11:48 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDT-B

Win or Die vs. Fish
      15-9
      Round 1

bitsaver (33-5) terred ahead of Joe and Nipple, with Skatarius (108) leading Dreamwin, Jurassic, Rozay, and Poseidon to the win.

Zizzo (60-7) put in an absolutely monster performance in terrier, putting in an unheard of 60 kills in 24 minutes, with Morph and Sprackle in shark, and Bacon, Bram, Clay, IXT, Shaw, and Vys in spider.

HOT: Skatarius (108-41)
      HOT: Zizzo (60-7)

Win or Die vs. Fish
      15-5
      Round 2

This was a stomp, as Skatarius, Dreamwin, Jurassic, Poseidon, and Rozay spidered ahead of bitsaver (29-3) with Nipple and Joe in shark.

HOT: Skatarius (98-30)
      HOT: Jurassic (81-47)

Pirates vs. Pirates
      15-12
      Round 1

Trasher's (38-9) team lost this competitive match by three minutes, as he terred ahead of JAMAL and Mr. Homo.

Cripple put in a Cyclopean 167-42, as his unwavering eye slaughtered more sharks than an illegal Chinese fishing boat making fin soup, ahead of Afghan and Ardour, while Spacedust and Mean Gene negged.

On the winning side...

Major (43-4) terred ahead of Mythril and Rodney, as the sharking pair hope to capture their first title after losing 3 straight basing finals together. They looked very good in this one.

Henry (116) and Kado (112) led Pirates spider line, with Lupin, Murder, and Singer in tow.

HOT: Cripple (167-42)
      HOT: Mythril and Rodney
      HOT: MC (43-4)

Pirates vs. Lag & Luck
      15:00-14:48
      Round 2

As the legendary Mattey used to say, this one was a slobberknocker.

With Lag & Luck up 14:15-11:16, this looked like it was going to be pushed to a third round, when suddenly a crucial Mythril mine, splendidly placed to the right of the top bar, was repped into the wall and a piece of shrap went hurtling towards Trasher in terr and sliced through his ship, taking him out:

Mythril and Rodney then held cram for 3 minutes, and Henry (152), Kado (116), Murder, Lupin, and Singer won one final Flagroom battle to take the series!

Trasher (40-8) terred ahead of JAMAL and Mean Gene on the not-so-winning side, while Cripple (141) led Spacedust, Afghan, Ardour, and Mr. Homo in spider.

Great game!

HOT: Henry Saari (152-62)
      HOT: Kado (116-64)
      HOT: Mythril and Rodney

NOT: Lag. Boy the lag on some of those bursts and shraps at the end was disgusting. There were bursts going through enemy ships to hit terrs, and shrap repped on screens that got through on others. Pretty yucky!

Last edited by ogron; 09-04-2019, 12:18 AM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Semi-Finals

TWDT-D

Despite their disparate records, expect the Gryffindor versus Pirates game to be extremely close, with Pirates playing a much better line than they did most of the season with Mythril, Beam, Singer, Murder, and Afri. It might be the second-best team in WB now.

Haze is better than Fish, but the latter features Vys, who had the best season in warbird. I expect Rough's team to win, but if Felix_da_Kat falters (which I'd bet on), this game could be blown wide open.

TWDT-J

Gryffindor is much better than Haze, but the addition of Hulk to compliment Rough's strong play should make this competitive. I would be much more confident in predicting a win for the G-Men in jav than warbird.

Lag & Luck is also heavily favored against Fish, and I expect them to advance, especially after surviving a very tough Pirates team in jav.

TWDT-B

Haze versus Pirates should be a legit match, although I would be very surprised if Haze didn't advance -- they're simply too strong for Pirates.

Gryffindor and Win or Die is the game to watch, and features two teams that won 10+ games and will likely go three rounds as these two heavyweights in base trade blows.

Last edited by ogron; 09-03-2019, 11:11 PM.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Players of the Week

WB of the Week: Racka (18-10, 13-10, 14-10)
          Honorable Mention: Singer (12-4, 11-3), Mythril (14-7, 12-8), Attacks (13-7, 13-10), Sprackle (14-7, 14-9)

Jav of the Week: Trasher (14-8, 12-5)
          Honorable Mention: Zizzo (14-1), Jurassic (15-10)

Terrier of the Week: Zizzo (60-7)
          Honorable Mention: bitsaver (33-5, 29-3), Major Crisis (43-4)

Shark of the Week: Mythril/Rodney
          Honorable Mention: Nipple/Joeses

Spider of the Week: Skatarius (108-41, 98-30) & Henry Saari (152-62, 116-57)
          Honorable Mention: Cripple (167-42, 141-75)

Player of the Week: Kado

Kado put up galactic numbers in TWDT-J, dropping 18-8 and 16-10 scores, then was a monster underspider, going 112-63 and 116-64 to help Pirates upset Lag & Luck in TWDT-B. Nice work!

Runner-Ups: Mythril, Zizzo, Trasher

Mythril: 14-7, 12-8, 11-7, 7-10, 2.9 RPD, 2.8 RPD
          Zizzo: 1:1 in WB, 14-1, 10-10, 60-7, 26-17
          Trasher: 15-10, 12-10, 7-10, 12-5, 14-8, 38-9, 40-8

Previous Winners:

WB: Casket, Ardour, Burnt, Beam, Singer, Vys/Ra, Iron Survivor/Vys, Racka
          Jav: Zidane, Commodo, Rough, Zidane/Racka, Uprise, Turban/Paradise, Kado/Okyo, Trasher
          Terrier: SpookedOne, Zizzo/Bitsaver, Bitsaver, Zizzo, Zizzo, Ogron, Trasher, Zizzo
          Shark: Hulk/Willby, Morph, JAMAL/Mr. Homo, Joeses/Nipple, Commodo/Markmrw, Hulk, Commodo/Rab, Mythril/Rodney
          Spider: Cripple, Skatarius, WBM, Spezza/Jurassic, Cripple/Ra, Cripple, Davy, Skatarius/Henry Saari
          POTY: Commodo, Trasher, Vys, Mythril, Ogron, Rough, Mythril, Kado
          Last edited by ogron; 09-04-2019, 12:43 AM.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Hot or Not is now complete!
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Kado well deserved! Bravo

Comment

How hard was it to give me this Hot? Barely get any mention there... If it was yourself you would have been talking all proud of the 4 Teks in that first game, important moves in the end etc. But no you give terr of the week to someone who goes 26-17 in his other game... Yes zizzo had a great kill amount round 1 with a losing team.
                its like some other people said before, you are always against and prefer the same people. I am sure it was already hard enough for you to type "Hot: MC". 7 Teks in two games, against one of the best terrs in game... We were already joking on chat afterwards that i would get a small mention.

Comment

thats claus for ya

Comment

imo singer should be the wb of the week tho, its expected from RaCka to put up these scores, but singer's numbers...damn

plus the fact that WoD did not win their wb qualifier while Myth and Singer carried Pirates to the next round

Note: Claushouse u put the second game of L&L and Pirates backwards...Pirates supposed to win both games u accidentally highlighted L&L second game

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
                      How hard was it to give me this Hot? Barely get any mention there... If it was yourself you would have been talking all proud of the 4 Teks in that first game, important moves in the end etc. But no you give terr of the week to someone who goes 26-17 in his other game... Yes zizzo had a great kill amount round 1 with a losing team.
                      its like some other people said before, you are always against and prefer the same people. I am sure it was already hard enough for you to type "Hot: MC". 7 Teks in two games, against one of the best terrs in game... We were already joking on chat afterwards that i would get a small mention.
                      How I am against you? I was the only one defending you after you emo baby ragequit doing stats because you lost a game, saying you're a volunteer, and we should be appreciative of the work you did instead of crying over something they got for free.

You want credit for going 42-10 in a game where your team outkilled the opponent by 80?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's fucking horrendous.

I don't even feel like writing any of this crap, I just do it because I initially committed to it and because Ease stepped up to run the league.

If you're not happy with my coverage, write your own Hot or Not.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up you stupid fucking nobody.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Major (43-4) terred ahead of Mythril and Rodney, as the sharking pair hope to capture their first title after losing 3 straight basing finals together. They looked very good in this one.

this shit hits me, its literally the reason i log in every sunday
                        Big Chill

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

How I am against you? I was the only one defending you after you emo baby ragequit doing stats because you lost a game, saying you're a volunteer, and we should be appreciative of the work you did instead of crying over something they got for free.

You want credit for going 42-10 in a game where your team outkilled the opponent by 80?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's fucking horrendous.

I don't even feel like writing any of this crap, I just do it because I initially committed to it and because Ease stepped up to run the league.

If you're not happy with my coverage, write your own Hot or Not.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up you stupid fucking nobody.
                          I appriciate you writing all these stuff. But this last season i feel like you have more your favorits to write Hot about and to write not about.

I am not saying i should get credit for that second game. Yet overall i preformed better than zizzo that week, but he gets the terr of the week. Guess that 60-7 impresses you much more.

Just look how you love to shit talk the same players over and over again. Example that quote rodney copied. What has that to do with that round??

Comment

I don't have favorites, I prefer to avoid repeating giving the award to the same person. I wanted to give you terr of the week and then I saw your 42-10 game. I did not want to give another one to Zizzo at all. He dropped 60-7 and was on pace for 70-8 had it gone the distance... on a bad team with bad sharks, that's fucking insane. And as a 9-star, too.

You're playing behind the literal TWLB Runner-up shark pair in Mythril and Rodney, you're extremely well protected, you cost 8-Stars, and you played against a weaker opponent than Fish. Zizzo carried the hell out of his bad team, and I felt he earned the terr of the week.

Also... it's Terr of the Week, who fucking cares?

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2
                            Example that quote rodney copied. What has that to do with that round??
                            It's context? It shows they have a strong will and desire to win and are hungry for a title and looking to make some legit upsets and silence their doubters.

That's extremely important in TWDT. It's an interesting factoid. It's very unusual to see a pair of sharks play together across so many seasons.

I think it is completely relevant, and adds something for casual readers who didn't know that, and the next time they watch Pirates in TWDT-B they'll know these guys have good chemistry together and are hungry as hell to win.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                            X