Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPTAINS

I know some people offered to captain in the other thread
    Let us make it official with a headcount here. I am assuming we are going to try for eight teams again?

CAPTAINS - 8 TEAMS

1. Dreamwin - Terrorist
    2. Zidane - Power
    3. Cripple - Halo
    4. Morph - Treyway
    5. Nipple Nibbler - Demacia
    6. Afghan - Criminal
    7. Commodo - Talent
    8. Tiny - Pure Luck

Caps let me know team name here or in game.

DRAFT ORDER:
    1. Cripple
    2. Dreamwin
    3. Nipple Nibbler
    4. Commodo
    5. Afghan
    6. Zidane
    7. Morph
    8. Tiny
    Draft order changed as zidane and Nipple Nibbler swapped picks.
    Last edited by zidane; 10-13-2019, 01:18 PM.
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Wirah or someone, can you give me edit powers for DT forums
    Last edited by zidane; 09-28-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

defo 8 teams

Comment

We are looking for another captain, I've talked to the people who have recently capped and it doesn't seem likely. Need someone to step up

Comment

Turban should cap
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Assuming the 7 names are captains, this is huge competition in perspective. I'm still hoping to see Violence captaining but he is such an insecure little girl.. last time he relinquished captain spot after one day, realising the amount of pressure too heavy for his little shoulders.. Guy always take the life coach angle but can't even listen his own words.. So Rough would be the best choice as he's been the best captain last season and have 2 titles to defend, but I bet he want some rest of captaining.. As both of them seems unrealisable, my last idea is probably the best idea : Hulk. Real hero of last base title and only triple crown captain beside Zidane and Dreamwin. For Hulk it's either he is a man and fight the two other triple crown captains, or he is weak and he will find excuses. An other idea would be Tiny to redeem himself after a grimdawnesque season, to face his ex partner and now rival Zidane, new head of TWDT.

I find the new FA draft rule terribly shitty and could easily argue about it but whatever I care less about those things. I'm sure Ease wouldn't make such mistake, he did a perfect work I could not complain. However I find Major Crisis idea to test multi-ship ratings in base in a future basing cup is a great idea, a simple idea would be that each players choose a primary ship, and a secondary. Some simple rules can be added like a hierarchy based on DT base rating, like if you want to play Ogron and he choses shark as primary ship, as a 10* he have priority over every players to play it. A 7* in base have almost no chance to play his primary ship if it's not spider, because of the hierarchy, which would allow all top players to play their weak ship(s). I think it's a bad idea for DT for the many reasons said by Qan or Rab but especially Zidane concerning killing the few playtime for bad players. It doesn't concern this thread but whatever.

Comment

if u want to make this keep moving forward, you need to give new people a chance. Flew stepped up to the plate, and although they started slow at first the team netted a few wins which was nice. under the title of new captains i can help if a spot is open, would be up for the challenge. am the new ignite?

Comment

No fucking way ixt, the very minimum is to be at least 7 in one ship, and we better take top players. You take Flew's exemple but he is a 9* you can't compare, and he was on a momentum. You are 6/6/6 and did the feat to be even worse than me last season, what the fuck. You are unaware, you would beat the record of loss. The extreme limit is Ixador-like player, no 666 should ever ask to captain DT, and we can find something really good like the few names I proposed.

Edit : Another ambitious idea would be vys, there's nobody to stop him during Ease's hiatus, he can prove Zidane and Dreamwin are children for him. He's built for this, but if he cap he might kill the game for good, it's a choice he have to do.
                Last edited by ronaldinho; 10-05-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Totally disagree. I was a captain in eg when I first started there, and ended up drafting the best team to ever be assembled not to mention winning the whole thing. It can be a 6/6/6 captain so long as he knows what he’s doing and is at least on the come up.

Comment

It's like comparing NBA to some european basketball league, even the best 6* have no chance, captains are the very first round of each teams. Do you think a 666 of the league have a single chance to beat turban's team for exemple? Impossible, and it's bad for players, they dont just want to play but to win. Even 7* are too weak indeed but some of them are made for this and can do feats, like viop for exemple. If you succeeded in another zone as cap then keep improving to be 7* and apply you would deserve a try.

Comment

Wasting ur time discussing it, no way a 6* gets cap.

Comment

I think captaining would be fun and I think I’d be pretty good at it. If more average players were captaining like nipple, MC, etc I’d be willing to do it. I’m obviously not a star in any particular league but at least I have a solid knowledge of putting a base line together which is the hardest league to pick well in. I think I’m a good judge of talent and I’m smart when it comes to this stuff. I’m also wise enough to not pick cancer players and think I could assemble a good group of players. I know this may be a bad comparison but I do well in fantasy football every year due to putting together good lineups. I’m at least startable in 2 leagues so it’s not like I can’t contribute from a playing standpoint. I think if it’s mostly 10 star vets captaining I wouldn’t want to do it. I also agree that a6 star player for cap is a bad idea especially if they’re not starting material in any league and have no knowledge of basing.
                        Last edited by afghan; 10-05-2019, 04:09 PM.
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
                          I think captaining would be fun and I think I’d be pretty good at it. If more average players were captaining like nipple, MC, etc I’d be willing to do it. I’m obviously not a star in any particular league but at least I have a solid knowledge of putting a base line together which is the hardest league to pick well in. I think I’m a good judge of talent and I’m smart when it comes to this stuff. I’m also wise enough to not pick cancer players and think I could assemble a good group of players. I know this may be a bad comparison but I do well in fantasy football every year due to putting together good lineups. I’m at least startable in 2 leagues so it’s not like I can’t contribute from a playing standpoint. I think if it’s mostly 10 star vets captaining I wouldn’t want to do it. I also agree that a6 star player for cap is a bad idea especially if they’re not starting material in any league and have no knowledge of basing.
                          If Afghan is serious about this post, I don't see why we couldn't give him a shot.
                          It's not like he's some random guy and we're struggling to find an 8th cap. In the end of the day there will always be that one or two teams that will do horrible this season. It could be anyones.

He's a better option than whatever else we have....none so far.....
                          FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                          #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
                            I have said this many seasons. And its just the problem that these people dont step up. Especially zidane has said many times in the earlier seasons that he didnt feel like capping, but he does it to keep the stuff going. Just kinda like why i stepped up to cap this season.

Comment

yeah no reason why afghan shouldn't cap. it's an uphill struggle, but he knows that.

Comment

Working...
                              X