No announcement yet.

RULES & SCHEDULE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a pretty controversial change to FA, giving away teams FA spot to worse teams.

I did that one season and it was universally loathed, and never did it again.

Punishes success, and good teams can lose players halfway through the season and need their FA just as much. Also, if all the teams are within one or two wins of each other, it could produce massive power swings and rob teams who should have had the better pick but are 1 win ahead.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

FA produces massive swings regardless of what order it is.
      At least it could be argued this doesn't mean the #1 team gets the #1 FA pick.
      FA also punishes the players who get replaced by those picked in FA, which really sucks if that's you.
      Personally I'd prefer no FA at all. IMO there's no way to do it fairly.

Comment

It's a better alternative than rewarding someone based on RNG. Picking 8th in main draft is not a disadvantage, whereas being last pick in FA you are almost guaranteed to get no value. Reversing main draft order would be fine if there was at least 8 people of similar value in FA, just hasn't been the case in about 8 years.

edit: as Rab just said, there is no perfect option, FA has been fundamentally broken for years and constantly creates huge swings in the draft. It would be hard to remove it outright since some players do legitimately come back to the game when they see a league is underway and it's tough to not to let them participate. Another goal with this rule is to stop players from joining FA as a strategic move instead of joining in main draft, as people are less likely to want to be joining the worst team.
        Last edited by zidane; 10-04-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Fair enough.

I think as long as caps know ahead of time and aren’t surprised by it, should be okay.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

I think it would be fun to be able trade individual draft picks in the regular draft. If the rule was you have to have an even number trade so that the roster size stays within reason. It’d be interesting to see Someone try to get the first overall pick while sacrificing other picks depending on how badly they want a particular person. for instance:

Zid has first overall and crip has #8.

crip trades his round 1 and round 2 pick for zids round 1 and round 4 pick.

This would give crip a top player that zid doesn’t necessarily need and zid gets some more solid players to fit into the lineups. Obviously there is the risk that the trade would be hard to determine value based on who signs up
            In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
            twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
            twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Please could the following be added to the rules, just so everyone knows where they stand:
              - res limit: wb/jav/base
              - lag limits: ping/ploss/lagout limits

Comment

Also. can javs rocket in twdtb?

Comment

References to EDT in the original post should be EST now.

Comment

"The final trading deadline will be November 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT."

You might want to edit this line to be consistent.
                    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                    (10 seconds later)
                    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                      Free Agency Draft

The FA draft will take place on November 10 at 2:00PM EDT, 1 hour before the Week 4 games begin. The picking order will be based on the current standings before the Week 4 matches. The lowest ranked team will have the first pick in free agency, and then so on and so forth. If there are any ties between teams, it will be randomized to determine who picks first. This will provide teams that are struggling to have a better chance at turning their season around, while also giving returning players an opportunity to play a good amount of the season.
                      Originally posted by zidane
                      1. Power trades 3rd draft order pick in main draft to Demacia for 6th draft order pick in main draft

Comment

"Playing under an alias that is immune to proper alias checking while not providing your real alias. The league team can only properly rate a player if they've been identified. Overpowered players who abuse this will forfeit their opportunity to participate with a season long ban"

We have one of these playing....
                        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                        (10 seconds later)
                        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

name and shame, and ban

Comment

I dont get your point rab.. i'm last pick in FA whether i traded or not?

@nip who's aliasing ?

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                              I dont get your point rab.. i'm last pick in FA whether i traded or not?

@nip who's aliasing ?
                              My point is you justified the FA pick order by saying an earlier pick is an advantage.
                              But you traded your 3rd pick for 6th pick, which implies you believe an earlier pick is not an advantage.

I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out the contradiction.

As 2nd to last team, having 2nd pick in FA doesn't feel like an advantage, because we'll likely only get 1 good player from FA, whereas other teams might get two.

IMO it should change next season, to random order, unless anyone has a better idea.

Edit: Another way around it would be not to snake draft, but instead 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,etc.

Edit Edit: Rules don't actually specify whether FA draft is a snake or not.
                              Last edited by Rab; 11-10-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

i valued pick #6 and #11 more than #3 and #14, in general in FA there only about 3 or so star players... which is the case again this season. obviously u can find some value later on but it much less of a sure thing in FA

Comment

Working...
                                X