No announcement yet.

RULES & SCHEDULE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point in time, Halo is NOT giving any answer.

Regardless of me getting out-voted by the other captains, I am going to ask all of my starters whether they can show December 22nd or not before I make any vote.

I'm not going to sham my team out of a season they've competed hard for for a weekend they won't be able to show up for (which is three days before Christmas) because of last minute changes.

As much as I'd like to improve it for the zone, my team comes first. So I'll make my decision once I speak to the majority of my team.

And whoever thinks a BO1 for playoffs is a reasonable choice, please drop out of this league.
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
      At this point in time, Halo is NOT giving any answer.

Regardless of me getting out-voted by the other captains, I am going to ask all of my starters whether they can show December 22nd or not before I make any vote.

I'm not going to sham my team out of a season they've competed hard for for a weekend they won't be able to show up for (which is three days before Christmas) because of last minute changes.

As much as I'd like to improve it for the zone, my team comes first. So I'll make my decision once I speak to the majority of my team.

And whoever thinks a BO1 for playoffs is a reasonable choice, please drop out of this league.
      I completely agree with everything you wrote here my man. If having 6-8 teams in the playoffs affects other players in the top 4 from being able to show, it would be quite unfair to those who fought so hard to play games they cannot make to appease the lower 3 who are out of contention at this time. Hopefully my idea is taken with some consideration in that we bump up the bottom 3 teams to be tied with Spider in 5th which allows those teams to continue playing without giving them auto-entry into the playoffs which would change the scheduled dates to accommodate the games needing to be played or changing the format to the BO1--which is an awful idea for playoff games in my humble opinion. Either that or we just chalk it up to 'competition' and move on with potential forfeits/low show rate for the next few weeks. Whatever happens, punishing the top teams for doing good is not the way I'd like to see things handled by any means.

Comment

how about quarter and semis being held same day but the 5/6 teams play quarters down a game so at most it's 2 games per league and potentially just 1
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

What beam suggested is pretty damn elegant. Fair, exciting, and all wrapped up before Christmas.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I liked beam's idea, it gives teams at the bottom the chance to compete for a playoff spot while also not changing our schedule. What would happen is that playoffs would be expanded to 6 teams, with the top two teams having a bye to the semi-finals. The quarter-finals and semi-finals would be played on the same day. The 5th and 6th playoff seeds will be entering the playoffs at a disadvantage, they will be starting their rounds down 0-1 in a best of three, this will ensure that the quarter finals are at most 2 rounds.

Planned schedule for Dec 8th (QF/SF)
            TWDT-D QF - 1:00PM EST
            TWDT-J QF - 1:45PM EST

TWDT-D SF - 2:30 PM EST
            TWDT-J SF - 3:30 PM EST

TWDT-B QF - 4:30 PM EST
            TWDT-B SF - 5:15 PM EST

Currently most caps seem to be in agreement about expanding to 6 teams, under this proposal the date of the finals will not change, the finals will be played on December 15th as scheduled and will not be delayed. Teams in the 5th/6th seed will have a significant disadvantage in the quarter finals, however it is better than missing the playoffs entirely. Also if the 5th/6th team advances past the QF, they will not have a disadvantage in the semis and/or finals. If anyone has any ideas on how the schedule can be improved/tweaked let me know. A decision hasn't yet been made, but I am leaning towards expanding to 6 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
              The 5th and 6th playoff seeds will be entering the playoffs at a disadvantage, they will be starting their rounds down 0-1 in a best of three
              I assume this means that....

Top 6 make playoffs
              1/2 get byes
              3-6 play quarters
              teams will be reseeded according to rank in their divisons*
              5/6 start 0-1 in b03 after reseed*

2 cents
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

If anyone has any ideas on how the schedule can be improved/tweaked let me know. A decision hasn't yet been made, but I am leaning towards expanding to 6 teams.
                Hey Zid, just wanted to say thank you for at least being open to the idea of making significant changes such as incorporating 6 teams for playoffs--mid season. Can't really remember the last time such big changes were considered midway during TWDT, usually when we shit the bed, we tend to lay in it until the next TWDT.

I really appreciate that you're willing to address issues such as this rather than to sweep it under the rug. It's HUGE. Really.. thank you! Even if you decide otherwise and stick to it being the way it currently is, I am just grateful towards you for at least considering to make changes on the fly such as this. I think it's a great example to set on how we should go about running leagues for sure.

Anyways, just wanted to come on here and tell you thanks and to keep up the hard work!

Comment

Tiny the 5th/6th seeds will be decided based on overall rank, not your rank in that particular division.

Comment

changing rules midway through the season is bonkers, but TWDT is already such a monument to keeping zone alive and getting players engaged, probably should take priority at this point.

make it 6 teams.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Tiny the 5th/6th seeds will be decided based on overall rank, not your rank in that particular division.
                      No, I'm referring to the seeding. Teams 3/4/5/6 will be in quarters.

Team A - 3rd place - 7/7/2
                      team b - 4th place - 6/5/3
                      team c - 5th place - 3 /8/1
                      team d 6th place - 1 /2 7

DTD

Team A vs Team D 1-0
                      Team B vs Team C 1-0

DTJ

Team C vs Team D ?-?
                      Team A vs Team B

Just started typing and saw a flaw in it. I guess you would have to do 3v6 and 4v5 in all leagues starting 1-0 or we could have problems like above.

Just running through ideas

Or we could do...highest rank of 3/4 in a particular league plays the worse of 5/6 in that particular league. This seems better.

With 1-0 lead
                      Last edited by Tiny; 11-13-2019, 12:10 AM. Reason: 1-0

Originally posted by MHz
                      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I get your point, essenstially whats going to happen is #3 and #4 will get a 1-0 lead in the QF, #3 and #4 cannot play eachother in the QF. #3 will play the lower ranked of #5 and #6, #4 will play the other. Then semis reseeded again based on per league standings.

Comment

I get your point, essenstially whats going to happen is #3 and #4 will get a 1-0 lead in the QF, #3 and #4 cannot play eachother in the QF. #3 will play the lower ranked of #5 and #6, #4 will play the other. Then semis reseeded again based on per league standings.
                          Yea that

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Playoffs have been expanded to 6 teams. Details on how it will work are in my previous posts. Since normally 8 team seasons have 6 playoff teams, it is not unreasonable to make a change during the season. It will also keep the league interesting for all teams as the bottom 3 are very close.

tldr: quarters and semis on same day, schedule has not changed, quarters will start at 1pm EST for those teams, 5th/6th seeds will be down 0-1 in bo3 QF match, top 2 seeds bye into semis

Comment

Good solution!

Comment

after 20 years zid is finally winning the hearts of the public
                                3:BOMBED> got donuts
                                3:BOMBED> how jealous
                                3:Heaven> how american
                                3:BOMBED> ??????????
                                3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                                3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Working...
                                X