X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoN - Base - Week 2

Terrorist vs. Power
    10:27 - 15:00

Hard to say what happened this match as scores are fairly close. Major Crisis has high deaths but also a good amount of kills, unsure if the issues arose from his positioning or sharks missing reps; let me know in the comments!

Hot: ro (110/47 kd and a tek), zidane (2.9rpd, 23 kills and 3 teks) - having zidane in this round prob felt like having an extra spid with your shark
    Not: Unlimited (51-61 kd) on winning team, maybe everyone stealing his kills??

Pure Luck vs. Demacia
    0:00 - 15:00

A hot mess of a match with Pure Luck struggling to field a full team (6 with borrows). Completely lopsided so wont go into too mcuh detail but the match can been seen here for those with a morbid curiousity: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/500521881

Spider vs. Treyway
    14:40 - 15:00

Extremely close match, Treyway with an upset this week after taking the first W off Spider. Unfortunately only caught the last bit of the match, but long enough to see Porkjet/Hulk/Morph securing a monster cram for the last 5 minutes earning their victory. Mikkiz unsure how to handle the pressure at the end, seemed to throw himself haphazardly into spider bullets til the clock ran out.

Hot: all the sharks in good form today and undoubtely why this was a close one
    Not: mikki kinda fell apart at the end but still boasting soem decent numbers otherwise (40 kills, 2 tek)

Halo vs. Criminal
    15:00 - 0:27

Another completely lopsided match this week, Criminal struggled to secure any time on the flag this match. Heisman looking like a duck out of the water, and kept roosting on Rough's streams from under. Racka seemed to have had enough after 13m and threw in the towel early. See the game here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/500519820

Hot: Rough (4 teks!)
    Not: Heisman (12k/8d), Beast (2.6 rpd, 4 tk)

Terrorist vs. Pure Luck
    15:00 - 0:00

Still unable to field a full team (only 2 showed I'm told), Pure Luck unfortunately had to forfeit this match. Let's hope next week goes better for them!

Spider vs. Power
    15:00 - 10:51

Mikkiz must have been livid after the close loss to Treyway as he unleashed his wrath upon Power in this match that followed. Both terr deaths are really low this game (with Mikki higher kills), so I'd assume Power was struggling to break cram for some time. Racka was not the only one to throw in the towel early this week either with Ogron leaving with 2 minutes left on the clock. Unlimited still struggling to go positive in this second game, but to be fair, he was facing off against some of the harder teams.

Hot: Mikkiz (60k, 2d and 2 teks)

Halo vs. Demacia
    13:23 - 15:00

A fairly close game this week, Demacia was able to go 2-0 this week showing that all of Nip's trades weren't for naught. Trasher was fresh having not to play much in the previous match vs Pure Luck, and my god was he FRESH (163-41 kd, 1 tek). Willby must have worn his camouflage today too as none of our spiders could see him bullying me Halo lost most of it's time tryign to break cram and even once in, it was very difficult to secure top. Finally able to secure flag after being down 10m at 4:20 - 14:45, Halo was able to make a HUGE return but ultimately it wasnt enough. Checkout the game at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/500538341

Hot: trasher(163-41, 1tek), bitsaver (41-3, 1tek), willby 3.0rpd
    Not: poid and tripin both struggled to go positive as demacia's spider line was too much

Criminal vs. Treyway
    1:52 - 15:00

Another in a series of matches that have been completely one-sided, I hope to see some trades this week to balance out some of the basing teams. See the match here https://youtu.be/MYLTLjzCcv4

Originally posted by SpookedOne View Post
    Terrorist vs. Power
    I hope to see some trades this week to balance out some of the basing teams.
    doubtful for the likes of Criminal and Pure Luck. the reason why basing members go first in the draft is that captains will not let go of lineup that works for them. The only hope for these two teams is to pick up a good baser or two in the FA draft, depending on how many more people sign up.

or, these two teams must scavenge potential basers who do not see any play time in their old team and trade for them.

Comment

"A hot mess of a match with Pure Luck struggling to field a full team (6 with borrows)"

They showed 7, including 2 borrows, not 6. Not that it matters that's still only 5 of their players bothering to show up. This is why I tried to avoid picking known toxic players.

Thanks for stepping up with HoN.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

There's a reason basers are usually picked a lot early in the draft because it's a lot harder to fluke wins in base. Wb and jav especially now with the new star rules, almost every line has a chance. Maybe something to look into in future

Comment

Racka was not the only one to throw in the towel early this week either with Ogron leaving with 2 minutes left on the clock.

What the hell are you talking about?

I had 105 kills in 23 minutes leading the push, we had shark issues and zid subbed in mcvicar for me and switched him to shark to try to solve it. I didn't quit you moron.

I think you've warped to spawn one too many times to pad your stats and its scrambled your brain.

top 100 basers list

Comment

The power vs terrorist loss was totally my fault spooky. I ran into stuff where i didnt need to. Or zidane shrapped me while i knew it was coming, like too lazy to dodge.
            terrorist was kinda dominating FR, but cuz of my deaths we lost a lot of time.

Comment

Thanks for the write up but please stop recording my base games.

Much appreciated,
              afghan
              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Trasher 163 kills!?
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Very weird games yesterday, not my best performance but to be fair our lines were scrambled going against top teams. Will bounce back next week.

Comment

shame to see what happened to Pure Luck this week - not sure where anyone was? I had to unexpectedly miss our first basing match, but came back for game 2 to only 5 afk people in our TWDT chat...
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Yeah at least 6 of our starters weren't online for basing. Can't recover from that.

Comment

lol, ok oggy mb; just made assumptions based on past games ^^

Comment

Pure Luck vs. Demacia
                          0:00 - 15:00
                          A hot mess of a match with Pure Luck struggling to field a full team (6 with borrows). Completely lopsided so wont go into too mcuh detail but the match can been seen here for those with a morbid curiousity: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/500521881
                          The commentary on that video is a bit harsh. I'm not always on shit teams, I've won TWDT a few times. Dunno why you don't like me so much, I help out my team however I can, and don't cause any drama. Tiny is a very good cap, always online, arranging practice games, making good trades. It's not his fault that so many people didn't show. It could have happened to any team. There was nothing going on that explains why so many people didn't show on the same week, it was a complete surprise. Someone mentioned a rule about squads being removed from the tournament if they miss 2 weeks, but I don't see that in the rules. There was something similar that about players refusing to play, so maybe ur confusing it with that.

Comment

I didn't watch the video, but I captained Rab last season and played with him before.

He's a good player, useful in multiple ships, shows every week, doesn't cause drama in chats, and I consider him an asset in TWDT.

top 100 basers list

Comment

"a rule about squads being removed from the tournament if they miss 2 weeks"

There is (or at least was at one point) a rule if squads showed 7 or less 2x being disqualified. I can not remember the specifics of the rule, but this was for TWLB.

"He's a good player, useful in multiple ships, shows every week, doesn't cause drama in chats, and I consider him an asset in TWDT."

I agree he is a good baser and can play multiple ships, but he trolls very quickly if he doesn't like something during a game. He has purposely tk'd terr (today even) while on/being borrowed by accuracy in TWBD. His problem is his attitude not his skill or activity. I felt bad for the guy applying to so many squads and getting rejected by all of them so I recruited him to accuracy and regretted it the day he joined.
                              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                              (10 seconds later)
                              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X