DTD Week 3 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTD Week 3 Preview

Thanks to Willby's influence, I will write one up for the warbird games as well. Please note that these are written with consideration to the top lines each team can muster and overall record in the previous two weeks. But as any other game and irl, upsets MAY happen as underdogs exceed expectations as those favored do not meet expectations. Who knows?

GAME 1
    TERRORIST over Demacia

To be honest, I don't understand how Demacia has 0 wins in the blue column. It's not like the team comp they put together is that bad either; Iron Survivor, Lockdown, and Trasher is a pretty solid core. The problem here that Nipple has at hand is to find reliable 7* (and if it comes to it 6* that can notch at least 5 kills) to fill in the last two voids. And as records have clearly shown, the captain himself isn't really the best choice. Meanwhile on the other side, Terrorist is following from a 1-1 Week 2 with a disappointing upset loss to Spider, and will be looking to bounce back. After two weeks, vys has not shown the domination that he delivered from last DT, so that is still something to watch out for. Captain DWTrain was also a no-show last week, so let's see the difference it will make when he's back. If Lockdown gets his shit together and doesn't play like ass for a 9*, then Demacia MAY have an upset chance. But on paper, Terrorist will be too much for them to handle.

TREYWAY over Spider

After an underdog win over Terrorist last week, Spider was quickly brought down to earth by Criminal to perhaps suggest some factors of Game 1 to be Terroristas underperforming rather than Spider's own prowess. Having notched two wins out of the past 4 games, Spider will look to rely on captain Mhz and likely Spezza to put in some serious work if they are to have any chance in the game, as Peru has been a no-show as warned by my initial DT lineups. Trapped leads the way for Treyway, putting up almost Vys-like numbers from last season and pretty much guaranteeing a 10+ kill game. Supporting crew Myollnir and Paky Dude have also been solid and reliable scorers for this team, while morph compliments a good 4th when he's actually trying. Probably the only realistic way for Spider to maybe get some sort of advantage would be to single out Kira first while not suffering too many deaths on their own side. If not, Treyway's core four will definitely take the W.

POWER over Halo

Up to now, probably the WARBIRD GAME OF THE WEEK. Two teams with 3 out of 4 wins, both spotting formidable lineups. What gives Power the slight edge here is by HOW they won past games. Power seems to take games by the "balanced" attack where around 3 players notch 10+ kills whereas on Halo someone pops off with 15+ and others who should be carrying their own weight play like ass. Ogron is on the pace to be a strong candidate to be warbird MVP of the season with a massive Week 2 performance. If Rough/Tripin/Zapata can nix his hot streak, then they will earn the victory but I have to give the edge to Power here.

CRIMINAL over Pure Luck

Trading away kado for two basers pretty much kisses Pure Luck's warbird division good bye after ,managing to squeeze out a W in the blue. Pure Luck has Attacks. Ricko. Who else? And after all being missing from last season, Attacks is playing at best as an 8* level rn, definitely not to a 9*. Criminal has found revitalized energy in pretty much the only division they have a chance in after notching an impressive 2-0. Just a duo of RaCka and beam should be too much for Attacks and Ricko to handle; add Zizzo to that mix and it easily swings in Criminal's favor. AfghaN has discovered two potential lineups he can run with the 7-7 or the 8-6.

GAME 2
    TERRORIST over Pure Luck

Reasoning, as described as Pure Luck's game 1 Tiny gives 0 fucks about this division. And with a captain with this mindset, we can't expect Pure Luck to find much success. Terrorist has shown weaknesses with their captain not present, but for Pure Luck even a team lacking dreamwin will be too much to handle with dynamic duo Vys and Sprackle, olde and Wirah as well. Anchors Ricko and Attacks must each hit 14+ kills for any potential upset to occur.

POWER over Criminal

An upset is very much a possibility here, but it all rides on RaCka to lead the way just as trapped has done for Treyway. Supporting cast beam and Zizzo must also both hit an estimated 12+ kills. If Criminal musters their top line of beam, Legacy, mvp, RaCka, Zizzo, they very much have the firepower to take the W here. However, Power has a team composition that exhibits no immediate weakness in lineup, although okyo hasn't been playing up to the 9* level. I would expect if Criminal were to find success to be teaming and pressuring on Murder, as ro as a 7* has shown extreme value and not one to be looked down upon. I would expect the duo of Ogron and ro to lead the way with zidane supporting to take the victory.

HALO over Spider

Unfortunately for Spider, I am predicting a less-than-ideal Week 3 in warbird for them as they face more difficult opponents. However, Rough has had quite some polarizing games where some he goes for 15+ and others be knocked out within 10 minutes. If Spider can manage the latter performance and keep Tripin contained as well, they might have a chance to make this close. But with no immediate standout star for them, I expect Halo to win this pretty handily.

TREYWAY over Demacia

I expect another Herculean effort by Trasher here, only to be ruined due to the lack of low star reliable warbirds to hold their own weight. Demacia will be fueled by a vengeance after losing Game 1 to Terrorist, but trapped has been in his element and will likely not be too fazed. If Lockdown can get his groove back together to provide a strong third string to Trasher and Iron, they could very well make this match competitive. But then again, the problem still lies with finding the last two player spots that are needed to be filled. The addition of ToK may pay dividends, but we shall see.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ixt; 11-01-2019, 08:33 PM.

Good Read, always fun to start some talks! I Fully predict trading kado to be our downfall in wb and show my 0 Fucks for wb division. Alas! Rodney INCOMING after our 0-6 week per IXT / Willby. Fucking PUMPED! FA Trade of Rodney Available!

1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

good work IXT, thanks for this!
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Thx ixt! I think there is an error in the power vs halo prediction, in that i and okyo are supposedly supposed to stop ogrons hot streak, even though we are on the same team might be reading it wrong... thanks!

Comment

nah ur right i got the teams mixed up thnx

Comment

P.S., whoever sassed Attacks and Ricko, nice work lol

Those guys now practice 14 hours a day and they're PISSED

top 100 basers list

Comment

Good. Someone needs to take the reigns of their team’s weak division.

Comment

ixt our most powerful lineup right now is Racka/ Beam/ Geio/ Zizzo/ Beast AND Legacy/Afghan

our final form will eventually beRacka,Beam,Kado,Geio,Beast once charged up for week 4 onwards.
                2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Well it seems like beam wants to take the reins to manage your guys’ warbird team lol...and for a fact if that’s the case don’t think you’ll be seeing much playtime

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
                    ixt our most powerful lineup right now is Racka/ Beam/ Geio/ Zizzo/ Beast AND Legacy/Afghan

our final form will eventually beRacka,Beam,Kado,Geio,Beast once charged up for week 4 onwards.
                    How u wanna play with 41 stars?

Comment

LOL!

Comment

lol got a good laugh from this

Comment

clap clap clap

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                            P.S., whoever sassed Attacks and Ricko, nice work lol

Those guys now practice 14 hours a day and they're PISSED
                            Now if only that would work for noshow survivor and letdown so we can get a win somewhere!
                            Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                            (10 seconds later)
                            rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                            P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X