• DT-B HoN Week 4

Game Slot 1

Terrorist
    vs. Criminal
    15:00 – 0:00
    Forfeit

Treyway (64*) vs. Halo (67*)
    4:14 – 15:00

SpookedOne (23-1) continued a strong terrier game for Halo and cripple (93-24) continued to raise his kill tally (although for cripple, under 100 is kind of low - is he okay?). New recruit Bacon (85-31) joined the Halo ranks with this outing while 6-star destruct (45-22) has become a staple of the line. Good on him. Tj hazuki (20-17) and Anonym (40-25) alternated as the 7-star. JAMAL (9-84, 3.0 RPD) and mr. homo (4-84, 2.9 RPD) overran Treyway along with Rough (79-37).

Treyway's side was missing wbm (9*), Lupin (8*) and skyforger (8*), so quite a few. They had new acquirement MaiTo_cHi (74-50) in but to no avail.

HOT: Bacon (85-31, 2 TeKs) and SpookedOne (23-1, 2 TeKs)
    NOT: porkjet (10-8)

Demacia (65*) vs. Spider (67*)
    6:05 – 15:00

I don't love Spider's composition, which again is Commodo (10*) and Oh Snap Son Its Joe (8*) in shark, and Mikkiz (10) in terr, but because of the low number of high stars they can field 67* quite reliably. Less people to miss. That reliability is now proving to be useful in the regular season as sloppy teams (not just Demacia) come in with their 64s and 65s.

Demacia felt the full force of the two extra stars on themselves this week when 10-stars Mikkiz (27-2) and Commodo (8-93, 3.0 RPD), along with shark partner Oh Snap Son Its Joe (5-92, 2.9 RPD) scooped in flagtime.

Nowon (88-42) was leading the Spider spiders with midoent (80-43) as the lone 8-star. 7-stars.. Kentaro?? (77-36), spacedust (61-46) and Ardour (56-41) didn't waste any star allotment either. Fighting against better spider lines in the future won't be easy for Spider, but this line looks decent.

On Demacia's side, captain Nipple Nibbler oscillated between shark and spider. Demacia can now field 67* (barely) but I think they've traded away too many 8+ stars (wbm and skyforger being the clear examples). Their base team is now only a shadow of it's old self, sadly.

HOT: Mikkiz (27-2, 2 TeKs)
    NOT: bitsaver (27-7) and Poni (2-40, 2.8 RPD and 35-38)

Power (67*) vs. Pure Luck (66*)
    15:00 – 5:55

Ogron (33-2) terriered as mcvicar (9-90, 3.1 RPD) and zidane (11-92, 3.1 RPD) sharked. Power's FA acquirement in the field was the reliable low-star zeebu (57-31). bram (79-40), hoppin (68-42) and okyo (73-45) were the three 8-stars in. And of course 6-star Unlimited (50-41) had a place in the line of the squad whose roster has a star maximum of 71* (with one 8-star even left over).

Pure Luck fielded traded Lockdown (80-44), inching ever closer to reaching those 67 stars. The spiders are now on point but the squad still seems to be lacking a natural terrier.

HOT: mcvicar (9-90, 3.1 RPD), zidane (11-92, 3.1 RPD)
    NOT: Raples (14-7)

Game Slot 2

Demacia (65*) vs. Terrorist (67*)
    7:05 – 15:00

Same story as before. Lacking spiders, lacking stars, Demacia was overcome by Terrorist, who had both. Captain dreamwin (18-2) was in rare form in terrier. The terrorist spiders were finns Ra (84-52), maketso (79-45) and Sakke (83-38), bad-mannered JURASSIC (87-52) and bad-ass vys (60-41). Oderus Urungus (13-89, 2.9 RPD) and Sprackle (8-86, 3.0 RPD) repped Demacia away even without any shark star advantage.

Demacia terriered aprix (28-9) but you can't switch a line to fix a roster problem, kids. Demacia got 7 minutes on the board to show for their efforts.

HOT: Sakke (83-38, 3 TeKs)
    NOT: aprix (28-9)

Treyway (64*) vs. Power (67*)
    8:59 – 15:00

Treyway tried way hard but lost to the powerful Power, who didn't even switch their lineup from the previous game. I guess Power's other basers got bored of waiting to be rotated in (Heaven, Banks, ro..) and logged off. Also logging off, was the Treyway team immediately after this match. (to search the internet to download different games). Seriously though, as I mentioned already, Treyway was missing quite a few players this week.

HOT: Ogron (44-2, 3 TeKs)
    NOT: morph (8-104, 2.8 RPD)

Criminal vs. Pure Luck
    0:00-15:00
    Forfeit

Halo (67*) vs. Spider (67*)
    8:08 – 15:00

A battle between full lineups! Hooray!

I expected a close match, but it seems that Spider got a hold of Halo and outplayed them with a fairly convincing 7 minute margin. Mikkiz (24-3) played his part and Kentaro (96-45) continued to impress, achieving very similar numbers as 8-star midoent (96-43). Nowon (113-45) made massive plays. Spacedust (68-44) and Ardour (66-34) spidered again, keeping the line identical to the one last game and showing that the Spiders have no need for rotation (don't try that strategy with in-game spiders, though). Commodo (18-101, 3.0 RPD) and Oh Snap Son Its Joe (5-103, 2.7 RPD) were of course in.

HOT: Kentaro (96-45)
    NOT: mr. homo (1-113, 2.6 RPD)

In closing:
    What happened with Criminal? You were right afghan, you got 7 minutes with a 61* line last week and that's a good job. Don't give up. Good luck next week everyone.

Good stuff Holy! But we (Halo) were missing quite a few pieces vs Spider.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Nice write-up Holy Ship, thanks for this bud!
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
        Good stuff Holy! But we (Halo) were missing quite a few pieces vs Spider.
        Like who?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post

Like who?
          I wanna say Tripin and I, possibly? Would be a far better game for us. We compliment cripple at top very well. But still, these top teams are so close to each other for base its gonna be a good playoff bracket. Good luck!
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

I could have sharked with rodney, and gained atleast, alot of flag time fuck man, since beam doesn't want to play base,and shark lol
            2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I'm willing to play but our team has given up on the league because we are already eliminated halfway through the regular season with it being a 4 team playoff. There's no reason for Pure Luck, Criminal, or Demacia to continue showing up unless the playoff format is changed.
              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

no reason.
                1) let your lower * players play and get some experience in playing with higher * people.
                2) because it's a game, play because you enjoy playing.
                3) if you can't compete for first, compete to not be last, compete to get the best place you can get?
                4) be a man, a real man finishes what he starts, nobody likes a quitter.
                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                (10 seconds later)
                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I get that you're really bad at the game and cherish every moment you get to spend in the arena with the better players on your team, but as a player with more twl rings than fingers to house them, I am simply pointing out that a league structure is flawed when 3 out of 8 teams are eliminated after week 4.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I play with good players all the time, I wasn't talking about myself there. I am talking about them 6* players that won't even get borrowed for TWD matches. I agree more teams should make the playoffs, I was just offering some reasons to continue playing. 3 teams with very low hopes of making playoffs has more to do to bad draft/trade selections by the captains than the league structure though. I don't care about your medals ogron, I play the game because I enjoy playing it and honestly never really attempted to join a good squad for a TWL medal. So much ego....
                    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                    (10 seconds later)
                    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Ok so you're just an idiot that agrees with what I said and you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Good stuff my man.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler
                        4) be a man, a real man finishes what he starts, nobody likes a quitter.
                        You just captained Accuracy into the ground, then jumped off the sinking ship to join Spider, after quitting Marksmin during TWL.

top 100 basers list

Comment

A 6 team playoff would have been good, but that's my view from a team staring elimination after week 4 in the face. We've still got 3 weeks to go and PL are only now looking like being able to sort out the early season issues - which is probably too late for a resurgence, bar a LOT of results going our way.

But again, that's coming from a side that's sat outside of the top 4, however I do share Beam's sentiment that there is really not going to be any motivation for the bottom 3/4 teams to show up the remaining 2-3 weeks of regular season if they can't push for a playoff spot.
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Hate to say it but I saw this coming from a mile away when Zid allowed so many inexperienced TWDT players captain this season. I don't mean that as an insult to said captains who are at the bottom of the ladder but when matched against the legends of the game like Zid, Dreamwin, Morph, Cripple, MHZ, all of whom are potential HOF candidates, it's simply unfair. And now, predictably, 3 teams have been cannon fodder for these elite captains and are realizing they have a no chance in hell to top them. Lots more forfeits are going to come and it's just sad because this all could of been avoided. It's not fair to those captains and worse, their players who set aside to play on Sundays to compete. Keyword: Compete.

Getting destroyed every weekend isn't fun. Hopefully next season, whoever is hosting takes note of what has happened here and figures out a solution to help prevent this from happening again whether it be co-captains or better picks in draft, something needs to be done to help weaker captains have a fairer shot at competing. Don't take this the wrong way either Zid, you are a real stand up dude and I am grateful you got this season going. Cheers.

Comment

Everything you just wrote is just complete utter nonsense.

Cripple and Morph are "elite captains"? This is their first time capping. Cripple is a 1-leaguer. His team is good because Rough cheated and lied about his showrate and got picked in the 3rd round (lol).

Zid has missed the playoffs two straight seasons.

Dreamwin missed the 2018 playoffs capping Terrorist.

Commodo has missed the playoffs several times as captain.

Tiny has reached 5 finals as cap and is near the bottom of the standings.

Major Crisis is just as weak of a captain as some of these guys and reached 3 finals in 2 tries. The notion that you "saw this coming a mile away" is absurd. Ease is the best player in the game and his team was awful and lines were atrocious and he squeaked into the playoffs by like 1 game and won nothing two seasons ago. Anyone can win as cap in this system.

The entire Star Cap format of the last 3 seasons is childproof anti-elite player coddling bullshit designed to make mediocre players and caps succeed and keep games close.

And you're STILL complaining.

Why don't we just make the games rock-paper-scissors or stop keeping score so everybody feels good?

3 out of 8 teams not performing well isn't a problem -- it's a fucking competition.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X