Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for next season

Hey,

We are four weeks away from being done this TWDT season. Theres no doubt the zone has been significantly more active with a league running and TWDT has been a success so far. I want us to start brainstorming what league should be played next. TWDT will end Dec 15th, I'm thinking we will take at least about a month break before something starts around February hopefully. Poll attached.

Any other ideas are welcome, however I think its best to stick with known leagues as it generates more interest. I want to have a plan in place so that there isn't a huge lull where the game completely dies for several months. Caps of squads, speak up if you would like twl, same for people who would like to cap TWDT, as the hardest part of starting these leagues is having enough captains.
    TWL
    40.91%
    TWDT
    36.36%
    TWDT no star cap
    18.18%
    Basing Cup
    22.73%
    Last edited by zidane; 11-22-2019, 03:11 PM.

I was thinking about basing cup with seperate rating for each ship... Like I think that would be a good time to test this out. Let people like ogron time to shark etc. People could 'ban' their main ship of something.
    To give the wb and jav ppl a league, 2vs2 for example.

I will be interested in running this.

Comment

I think 2019 was a good model for success: TWDT, TWL, TWDT, TWDT.

Having Mythril, Turban, Ease and Zidane -- high level players who are competent -- running all four consecutive seasons is pretty unheard of. Smashing success.

Areas of improvement:

1) TWL is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. Drags on for absolutely no reason and kills the zone. 4 weeks of regular season, Semi-Finals, and Finals is all you need. 6 weeks max.

2) TWDT need more variety. We should keep the Star Cap system for 1 or 2 of the TWDTs, but NOT all 3. TWDT Pro or the old systems so we have a change of pace.

top 100 basers list

Comment

My suggestion for a 2020 schedule:

top 100 basers list

Comment

Can the poll be multi-select?

Comment

Changed to multi select, some good ideas being floated already

Comment

I agree with comments about shorter seasons. Teams should play each other once max in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                Caps of squads, speak up if you would like twl, same for people who would like to cap TWDT, as the hardest part of starting these leagues is having enough captains.
                If we do TWDT, I will cap again and also toss my hat in the ring for an assistant twdt op. I think a good TWDT op, plus a couple more for making decisions and helping zidane and not appearing biased would have helped a bit this season. Down for whatever. I think the TW bug is catching on and we will have more players coming back. I still think we are 1 season away from a good TWL, cuz if you do TWL too soon, progress will be lost. I will participate in whatever though.

edit: zid doing a great job btw
                Last edited by Tiny; 11-22-2019, 11:34 PM. Reason: zid
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

i would remove TWDT w/ no star cap off that list. whats the difference between that and TWL then? low stars, even 7*s would probably never get to see play time unless theyre like the BEST of their rank. only difference is TWL just having roster limits as people can choose what teams to play on. TWL/TWDT/Basing cup the only real choices here

Comment

I am insanely baffled by the demand for Cups, and I say that having won 100% of all cups in the last 10 years.

They're these garbage 4-team affairs and half the good players don't even participate because it's not one of the 2 established main leagues.

Playing TWDT with 8/8/8 teams or TWL with 8/8/6 is infinitely better.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

no idea why we want basing cup and exclude most of the zone when draft is literally keeping this zone alive.

as well as it has been running, i think one thing we could do for next twdt is lower star caps for all leagues to involve more lower star level players to make this league more interesting.

i dont know if it was mentioned but thats all i want to say. thanks

Comment

I think it shows that there's a lot of basers who don't get to play twdt, either due to being low star, or just having a rating that doesn't fit well into their team's star cap.

That's why I'm always banging on about javduel/wbduel/base being constantly running things - because that's how people can log on and get games easiest. I don't think anyone really cares if it's basing cup, twdtb, or base. Just to log on and actually have a game would be epic.

Comment

As much as I like basing over other leagues, I agree with the above that a basing cup would be detrimental to the health of the zone. Population will already drop over the holidays and there needs to be a reason for ALL the population to return. If we have holiday break followed by basing cup, I think there’s an extremely low chance (<5%) that we have a return of activity to the point of 8 TWDT teams like we’ve had recently. TWL is a reasonable next league. I like TWDT without star caps as the next league to switch it up some rather than 3 straight TWDT leagues as I suspect some people will get burned out from this format.
                          In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                          twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                          twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

just remember the best trade in the history of TW happened a week ago and was approved.
                            Jeff potatoes and Steadman for bitsaver/Willby/amnesti
                            FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                            #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

I thought I wanted TWDT with no star cap. But I don't think it's a great idea, actually. There aren't enough elite players left to make that really interesting, so we'd still rely upon the midrange and lowrange players that we do with a regular TWDT. Unless we did 6 teams... that could work.

TWL could be fun, but I think that could be quite thin as well.

I'd be up for another TWDT, but maybe include an additional spider league. It has so much potential for a 5v5 league.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X