Plans for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zidane View Post
    TWDT is a competitive league, it does a pretty good job of including newer players.. however its purpose isn't to allow every single player to play, usually the captain of the team will add the lineup that gives the team the best chance to win. There just arent enough teams (or caps) to allow every single player to play.

If a captain were to add a bunch of bad players with the purpose to share playing time they would get flamed insanely badly by their team (and lose). TWDT is not practice time, do that in twd/elim/base/wbduel/javduel to prove you deserve to play.

TWL in this sense is better at including everyone because a player can control their play time a lot better. Problem with twl then becomes the disparity in strength of the teams and then these same people will have a new thing to complain about. Put in some work and your situation will improve, just like all things in life...
    I'm totally with this. TWDT is excellent as it is, and every players can find his place. It can take times of course, but if you never practiced football and join a team, you won't play games of course. You gonna first practice then practice then practice and when the coach think you can help the team, you gonna play. And you pay to join an amateur team, you don't pay to play subspace. I find TWDT excellent as it is, and I'm satisfy with my treatment. It's hard to have playtime, but I don't practice that much, so I won't improve magically, so I won't play unless of a lack of activity from teammates. I see no problem with this. TWDT is a competitive game, TWD is a practice game. I remember when I was in Melee, my team were trying to find a good player from other team to borrow to help them instead of asking the shitty hellrazor to play, and when I asked to play I felt like I was unwanted, just another player to fill the roster indeed. In TWD, so PRACTICE. People are retarded. Leave TWDT as it is, and DO YOUR BEST TO ALLOW SHIT PLAYERS TO PLAY TWD. Fuck.

Also Commodo's idea to implement other zones leagues or dead leagues of tw is interesting. Personally I would not like it to be in TWDT, but if we can add different leagues with different gameplay it would be huge.

Also Turban is right, spider is the most skilled ship, incredibly boring, despite base being fun, but incredibly hard to handle.

Also Qan's idea to implement an amateur league is interesting, but not for TWDT, for TWL. Imo.

Comment

Separating base is the best way to have only two teams getting all the best duelers AND all the best basers. ie it's good for Zidane and Dreamwin, not for others. ie it's shit.

Comment

They tried Amateur league alongside TWL and it flopped. I don't think trying a failed idea under worse circumstances is the solution.

TWL should be run infrequently, and last no longer than 6 weeks, with a TWDT season planned and announced immediately afterwards, so the zone's population doesn't tank.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

I think we're underestimating the server being down for some times last season. Also the playoff format didn't help.

One thing I would love a non-playing Ease as head of next TWL, like he did in TWDT. It require even less involvement indeed.

Comment

anything but twdt again LOL... please no
            shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

Originally posted by kado View Post
              anything but twdt again LOL... please no
              I Can't wait to pick kado again.
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

lower base cap to 65* as 3/8 teams this season weren't able to field a 67* lineup even with everybody showing which is an unrealistic expectation to begin with
                Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                  lower base cap to 65* as 3/8 teams this season weren't able to field a 67* lineup even with everybody showing which is an unrealistic expectation to begin with
                  Beam lying again, at best only one team couldn't field a 67* lineup : Criminal, 65* at best. Demacia could field 67* including 2 players that has never shown. Nothing else. Lowering to 65* is stupid, 66* is enough.

Comment

Whatever we decide to do, I think the announcement should be made by next finals. So people are aware before the holiday break and we come back looking forward to whatever is going to happen.
                    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

• I am willing to coordinate next twl or twdt. But I kinda wanna make changes to both of last seasons of these leagues.

In short twl: very strict roster caps.
                      Wb or jav 7 roster
                      Wb and jav 8 roster
                      Base 10, maybe 11 roster
                      Wb or jav with base is 12
                      All is 13
                      I feel like 95% of tw plays every league anyway. Yea it might not make it as competitive as bigger rosters... But i think this is good enough. Mostly its the same ppl playing anyway.
                      Base and duel can be seperate roster again.

Twdt:
                      Atleast get 6-8 similar caps. The difference between afghan and nipple vs the rest was just too much in stars and experience. I think its hard to get 8 pro multi leagues to cap. But decent 7-8 star players could do the work imo. Atleast then everyone kinda needs to work on every league.
                      And I would like to bring the 1-100 rating back. There are enough players who are neither a 7 or 8, 6 or 7 and so on. With the star cap this is more interesting than when it was tested out.

​​​​​​I would also love to see seperate base ratings possible, or allow players to 'ban' one of their ships. But this might need some tests etc first.

​Would like you guys your input on if you like the ideas and what league to do.
                      ​​​

Comment

• I want to say thanks to everyone who participated in this season of TWDT: captains, players, staff, HoN/prediction writers, and more. I want to especially thank the captains who stepped up and capped, helped us get the zone active again. On a personal note, I want to thank my players on Power who were great teammates and gave it to their all, we came up short of our goal but we had a very good season.

Congrats to Power for winning TWDT-D and TWDT-J, and Spider for winning TWDT-B

With that being said, it is time to look forward to the next season. We have decided to run another season of TWDT. TWDT Season 20 will start on February 2nd. Myself and Tiny will be running this season. I will be posting a thread for signups and captains shortly. The plan is for TWDT to run from February to April, at the same time TWL qualifications will be running with TWL Season 23 scheduled for May 2020. DT hype, lets keep the momentum going for our leagues. Go sign up and if you are interested in capping please reach out to me or Tiny. The plan is to have 8 teams again, captain volunteers as of right now:

RaCka
                        Tiny
                        zidane
                        Mean Gene

Schedule of anticipated and planned start times of our next leagues below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...L6k/edit#gid=0

Comment

• What about having more teams, so that more people can play? For DTJ/DTD last couple DT's our team has always had 3-5+ people sitting each week. Allow borrowing to some reasonable extent, but nerf it so that it's not a big advantage / exploitable. Make wins with borrows worth 1 point, and wins with normal roster 2 points. 6-7 star borrows. Shortfalls: Finding enough "pro" captains seems hard and not sure base can handle additional teams. Also is any consideration being made to move the times earlier? Flame away.

Comment

• Allow bonus points for fielding eligible 'rookies' or 6-star players maybe (shameless attempt at trying to get to play more).

Comment

• Jurassic's idea of having more teams/nerfing the borrowing makes sense. Earlier times though? :\

Comment

• Originally posted by zidane View Post
                                Hey,

We are four weeks away from being done this TWDT season. Theres no doubt the zone has been significantly more active with a league running and TWDT has been a success so far. I want us to start brainstorming what league should be played next. TWDT will end Dec 15th, I'm thinking we will take at least about a month break before something starts around February hopefully. Poll attached.

Any other ideas are welcome, however I think its best to stick with known leagues as it generates more interest. I want to have a plan in place so that there isn't a huge lull where the game completely dies for several months. Caps of squads, speak up if you would like twl, same for people who would like to cap TWDT, as the hardest part of starting these leagues is having enough captains.

Question: if there was a vote and TWL won, why another TWDT? o.O - again just curious and why we did a vote if TWDT was the way we were going to go lol

Comment

Working...
                                X