No announcement yet.

Plans for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating: to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Dreamwin Rough went so late in the draft simply because he stated he was going to miss most the draft. He has played every week.

Claushouse I agree that higher star multi-ship players should cap. I only offered to do it since nobody else was stepping up. In all honesty I probably would have at least made it to playoffs if I didn't have so many no shows, the biggest one being Iron survivor who has missed at least half the Warbird matches and most of the Javelin matches, a real waste of a second pick. With a strong FA pick of lasenza we may have even won DT-D as iron/lasenza/trasher were undefeated together so far this season.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
        Dreamwin Rough went so late in the draft simply because he stated he was going to miss most the draft. He has played every week.

Claushouse I agree that higher star multi-ship players should cap. I only offered to do it since nobody else was stepping up. In all honesty I probably would have at least made it to playoffs if I didn't have so many no shows, the biggest one being Iron survivor who has missed at least half the Warbird matches and most of the Javelin matches, a real waste of a second pick. With a strong FA pick of lasenza we may have even won DT-D as iron/lasenza/trasher were undefeated together so far this season.
        Yea.. And everyone was so stupid to believe him. Kinda funny u dont pick him cuz of it, yet u pick Iron in second found who also told about his activity, which was more believable since he hasnt been active for a long time. Het while rough said it last moment. Ppl were even laughing at him about it...
        ​​​

Comment

Yea the rough thing was hilarious. He's a smart guy he knows the later hes picked the better his team will be and he also knew half the caps wouldn't pick him because they were 10* javs, which created the situation of the best pick going rd 3 despite showing every game

Comment

Whatever you guys do just make sure you do something that allows all the players to get some playing time, not just a select few and/or the same people every game. Otherwise what do you think will happen!?

Comment

Originally posted by RandomNoob View Post
              Whatever you guys do just make sure you do something that allows all the players to get some playing time, not just a select few and/or the same people every game. Otherwise what do you think will happen!?
              Agreed. I want to see everyone have a chance to play. Could hang some significance on games with a lower star cap.

Comment

Majorcrisis2 I didn't know about Iron's activity at the time of the draft, which if he stated before hand, would be my own fault for not knowing. It wasn't just him missing games, several other key players were missing games, maybe just a busy time of year for people?
                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                (10 seconds later)
                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

The sense of entitlement from bad players is crazy.

TWDT is the 2nd most important league after TWL, it's a fun league that involves a large slice of the competitive players, but it is not a charity guaranteeing bad players playtime.

TWDT, historically, had like 1 low-star slot, and for the regular season only. Between 2014 and 2017 I expanded the low-star slots significantly to get more players involved. It went from a 5* slot to 6*/7* to 6*/7*/8*.

You give an inch, they take a foot.

These are team games, most of us agreed long ago to eliminate the 5* slot because it was unbearable playing with horrendous players consistently going 2-10, and losing to the one team that finds the miracle baby 5* who can go 1:1. Those players do not belong in TWDT.

Having a few low-star slots is meant to find good players who improve season to season (or veterans in other leagues expanding to new ships) and help them move out of those slots and become veterans. It's not to let every single bozo play.

There are already places where everyone can play every game: pub, elim, and TWD.

This is the natural path for competitive players:

Pub > Elim > TWD > TWDT > TWL

TWDT is not the place for terrible players to practice the basics. It's for promising TWD players in their main league (or TWL players learning a different league) to shine playing with elite players using the low-star slots, get raised in rating, and become a veteran and then play as either a high-star in TWDT or start in TWL.

5* and 6* players are not the target demographic of the draft tourny. Those players should be getting better in elim and TWD.

If any of them manage to get into a TWDT line, it is a privilege, not a right.

Earn your playtime, stop begging for charity.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Cripple was going to select me at #1 but he took a gamble on me in the third round and I suppose he got lucky. I had no reason to lie, dw/morph/commodo all laughed when I told them my availability because there response was "was not going to pick you either way". Jamal or trasher are easily #1 selections compared to a guy who can only jav on a good day. I don't even think I even made an impact in any league this TWDT season.

For the past month, I've only logged on Sundays to just play and hear commodo tell me that Jamal is a seven star shark and how rage took morph from him in TWL Season 44.
                    1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                    1:Zidane> congrats man
                    1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                    1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                    1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

I completely agree with Ogron. The only reason somebody would ever be rated a 6 star anything in twdt is because they just put in 0 effort to improve and there's absolutely no reason we should be rewarding them in any way and especially not by benching active competitive players and forcing captains to add players who don't try to improve on their own.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I agree with ogron and beam, it’s not supposed to be all inclusive although of course it’s better if there are more people playing. I’d argue for next league to have 41 star limit for wb/jav and 64 for base. Lots of rating inflation in wb/jav and itd be nice to have a little cushion.
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

I hear you all, it wasnt designed for low star players. This is my first time participating so I am unaware of what kinks were worked out previously.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                            I completely agree with Ogron. The only reason somebody would ever be rated a 6 star anything in twdt is because they just put in 0 effort to improve and there's absolutely no reason we should be rewarding them in any way and especially not by benching active competitive players and forcing captains to add players who don't try to improve on their own.
                            Your doing yourself out of playtime you No shipper pub Newbie.
                            British> my 18th tomoz $$
                            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

lol attacks talked trash to me for 3 days straight prior to our twdtd match then he went 6-10 and lost to me badly then he talked trash to me for an hour until finally agreeing to ban duel me and then he lost 10-2 in the ban duel and refused to get banned... I think he has some kind of mental problems to keep talking trash to me and losing

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I'm voting for Ogron's 2020 roadmap. Looks good to me
                                Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Working...
                                X