No announcement yet.

Plans for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice lies Beam, Ive never lost a duel vs you. And certainly not 10-2. However If you like ill duel you any place anytime. Just if its a ban duel if you can actually get banned this time unlike the duel you got beat by me and didnt go and get banned.
    But you wont duel me because your not worth shit in a warbird without dangling off of Racka or Lasenza like a nasty hemeroid.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

sawyer and attacks are the only 2 people in this game that no matter how many times i beat them in a row they just don't stop coming at me... pretty sure both have mental problems
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

You're both pretty. Stfu
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I thought you were many things, but never a liar Beam.
          First stating you beat me in a non-existent duel, and second of all said I came at you and I started this.

You must think the general public of trench wars are absolute idiots if you think they would believe that your the victim of trolling and not the other way round.

Happy Christmas
          British> my 18th tomoz $$
          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

*pops popcorn*

Comment

"Oh look we finally boosted up the population and competitiveness."

Ogron> "hold my Mtn dew let's fk it up"

Bench half the zone and play "pro twdt" while playing the same 20 nerds that can no longer stack together on Thunder/burn/Pandora or w/e sqd name u fgts used, because the zone is so fkn dead. " Great idea bud!!!!!!

Might as well just play TWL if you wanna kill the zone....

Comment

We should handle a poll to see everyone’s opinion whether to modify the rules to accommodate low skilled players or not since apparently we got opinions of both sides

Comment

Regardless of what the rules are, there's a limited number of people who can participate, which means others will be excluded. There's no perfect system to allow everybody to play. If you open a poll to the public, everybody will vote for whichever option benefits them. As there are more people who are bad than good, every poll will lean towards catering towards the bad players. The issue is that even if we continue to water down the competition even further there is still no way to let every 6/7 play and captains will of course add their best consistently and the same players will bench every week anyway. All it does is make the league more unpleasant for higher star players.
                  Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post
                    We should handle a poll to see everyone’s opinion whether to modify the rules to accommodate low skilled players or not since apparently we got opinions of both sides
                    If we had the numbers (and might be able to get more signups if people thought they could play), always thought it'd be interesting to have teams field two lines: pro and amateur.

Pro division would have no cap (or very high cap) and would play on Sunday as usual.

Amateur would have quite a low cap, or just be limited to 6* and below. Would play on a different day, perhaps midweek, or Saturday.

Scoring for the overall team would combine the two in some way. Pro would likely account for the majority of the score. For example, a pro win might be worth the usual 1, and an amateur win might be 0.5, 0.25, or even 0.1. But amateur wins would certainly factor in and have some relevance. Skilled captaining would therefore depend on fielding solid lines for both.

Positives: pro division would have higher-quality play; there would be fewer complaints about benching; far more players would be included; there would be real incentive to train and practice with newer players; newer players would be far more motivated to practice and break into pro division; single-league players would have a way to prove themselves and improve in their weak leagues. If we broke basing ship ratings down, amateur would also give a chance to build skill in new ships, especially shark and terr which are very difficult to get enough playtime to become any good at these days. (There is no real route to do this in 2019, so basing is essentially doomed unless the problem can be solved, and this is one possible solution.)
                    Negatives: more work to schedule; more dev work required; the ability of lower-skill players can vary wildly and would be difficult to gauge; may not have sufficient numbers to field both lines; amateur games might have an undue influence on overall standings and be received negatively by pro division players.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

thats pretty neat tbh, if the numbers could support it at least

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

It wouldn't be too hard to get everyone some playing time, Beam - it'd just take a little bit of effort :O

Comment

TWDT is a competitive league, it does a pretty good job of including newer players.. however its purpose isn't to allow every single player to play, usually the captain of the team will add the lineup that gives the team the best chance to win. There just arent enough teams (or caps) to allow every single player to play.

If a captain were to add a bunch of bad players with the purpose to share playing time they would get flamed insanely badly by their team (and lose). TWDT is not practice time, do that in twd/elim/base/wbduel/javduel to prove you deserve to play.

TWL in this sense is better at including everyone because a player can control their play time a lot better. Problem with twl then becomes the disparity in strength of the teams and then these same people will have a new thing to complain about. Put in some work and your situation will improve, just like all things in life...

Comment

All I was saying is TWDT works pretty well as is. Leave it be..

If anything allow trades all the way up until the LAST week before playoffs to allow teams to become more competitive by picking up unused players from other rosters. Which also doubles as getting players off the bench.

You guys in favor of changing it to "Protwdt' or w/e you're calling it is just going to make a huge chunk of the zone lose interest to log on. Than what? Right now you have elim, basing games, and Twd all running daily for the first time in YEARS. Old guys coming back, people from other zones playing, and even some pubbers taking the step to compete. But most of them been logging on to practice/be sharp for the back to back to back TWDT seasons. So when you tell them they are not included in the new league they are more then likely just going to go ghost and boom you lose 1/3 of your population.
                            If you wanna do somthing elite do a TWL where they can make there own squads and have a reason to log on, practice and step up their game with Hope's of an invite, they control their own destiny. I'm sure there would be vets willing to step up and try to carry a underdog squad.

I'm just throwing out ideas of what's best for the game, not what the mouth breathing try hard nerds want.

Comment

sitting half a team is not increasing activity.

not taking shots at any one person but yah something is broken when same 5-7 people are playing, either make the teams smaller or set a minimum game rule.

i'm not here to compete and win titles just to play one of my favourite games once in a while

- harder

Comment

not taking shots at any one person but yah something is broken when same 5-7 people are playing, either make the teams smaller or set a minimum game rule.
                                I've been talking about this for years. Make the teams radically smaller and improve borrowing system. TWL could have 14 wb/jav teams easily because it's the same people who will play all over again anyway. Roster limit of 6 players for dueling divisions is more than enough with the ability to borrow 6* player to avoid random forfeits. Short season so it doesn't make u commit for a long period of time. Roster size is same for 2-league squads so 1-2 squads can not hoard all the top wbs AND all the top javs and it creates some diversity. Base could be separate again.

Look at the history books, there aren't more than 7 players listed and if there are, it is likely that the fillers have been subbed in meaningless games to get playing time and/or to meet the medal criteria.
                                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...
                                X