DT-D HoN Week 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT-D HoN Week 7

The last week's warbird games have finally been completed. Was nice to see each team try to put their best foot forward as well as commending Criminal and Demacia for still playing through even though eliminated out of contention.

GAME 1
    POWER vs TERRORIST
    50-29

Shadowmere finally proved the value to zidane what he was traded for, leading the way for Power with a fiery 9-2 against a team that appeared quite flustered at the start of the game. Eventually the cavalry of Sprackle and vys showed up, but the deficit caused by the rest of the team was a little bit too late to recover from.

Hot: Shadowmere (19-6)
    Not: Wirah (2-6) I'm cutting you some slack Bluff, as I recall this was your first appearance in DT.

SPIDER vs PURE LUCK
    50-30

A matchup between the mid-tier warbird teams showed a quite competitive match up early on until Pure Luck began to crumble in spectacular fashion. Unlikely hero nowon led the way for Spider (3 KOs) while the rest all went + in a collective team effort. Only captain Tiny managed to break even for PL in one of those "Wut?" games that happen once in awhile. Back to the drawing board.

Hot: nowon (14-8, 3 KOs)
    Not: Ricko (4-8), Hackysack (3-7) Not quite the performances needed to vie for a higher seeding.

DEMACIA vs CRIMINAL
    50-30

A matchup between the eliminated teams to fight for the last laugh ended in a one-sided blowout. I guess that was expected when Criminal lacked their 10* and big beamir has been a no-show. Not much more, as Stead and LaSenza slapped Crim silly.

Hot: Steadman (15-5), LaSenza (11-2)
    Not: Nipple Nibbler (4-8), amnesti (5-10), mvp (3-10) Still commending afghaN for his efforts this season, but must have seen this coming down the line.

TREYWAY vs HALO
    48-50

The nailbiter game of the week, this one really came down to the wire. Halo started the game with the early lead, fueled by a 4-0 start by Zapata. Treyway had the man advantage 3v2 late with Myoll, trapped, and morph baring down on JAMAL/Zapata. However, JAMAL picked off Myoll with a big play to swing all odds in Halo's favor. After captain morph also got picked off by Zapata with a huge tanked shot, it resulted to make it a 2v1 on trapped, Treyway's star warbird did not let this obstacle faze him as he knocked JAMAL out to leave a squareoff with Zapata. But in the end, Zap managed to knick trapped with a last shot to seize the win.

Hot: Zapata (16-8, 3 KOs), Myollnir (13-10)
    Not: Israeli (3-10), morph (5-10) Another poor performance, another squandered effort by trapped and Myollnir.

GAME 2
    SPIDER vs TERRORIST
    36-50

Bouncing back from a slow start Game 1, the original Terrorist core got the job done against the new-look Spider. Captain DWTrain led the way for his team to earn the MVP, star warbird vys logged a healthy 3 KOs, and maketso continued to prove my point in having strong outings playing behind his core players. Spezza continued to have respectable warbird performances these past few weeks, but was the only bright spot for this game as the rest of his team all went -.

Hot: dreamwin (14-7)
    Not: Banks (3-8)

DEMACIA vs POWER
    31-50

Shadowmere continued to have his strong outing for Power with okyo coming in as a nice secondary as all members at least broke even. Having regained form from last week, Power reappears as a formidable force against the remaining teams moving on to the warbird playoffs and a favorite to win. I'm guessing LaSenza simply rq'ed after starting out 0-2 and forcing captain Nip to quickly find a substitute, that being Alextron. Similar to Criminal and afghaN, Nip deserves a better recognition for having a stronger run and comeback, but it was not enough to dig themselves out of the hole they created.

Hot: Shadowmere (13-6), okyo (12-6)
    Not: aprix (4-10)

TREYWAY vs PURE LUCK
    50-43

Recovering from a disappointing loss to Halo the game prior, dark horse Kira logged his second MVP performance of the season (3 KOs) in an excellent outing, as trapped came in for a good secondary. Captain morph tidied up his game to log necessary kills for Treyway to maintain their lead throughout. Unfortunately for PL, Kentaro was MIA for whatever reason thus forcing them to play Paradise. Pure Luck could not find any sort of momentum to go on a short scoring spurt to bring the game within grasp as Kira, Let, and trapped sealed their fate for a disappointing 0-2 Week 7.

Hot: Kira (14-9, 3 KOs)
    Not: Lockdown (6-10), Paradise (6-10)

HALO vs CRIMINAL
    50-30

Kind of ironic Criminal lost both games this week with the exact same scoreline. Not much to say, as the core of Halo made short work of Criminal as each logged 10+ kills. beam finally decided to show for whatever reason but found himself soloing 1v5.

Hot: Flew (17-8), Tripin (11-3), Zapata (10-4)
    Not: mvp (2-10), WillBy (4-10) Better than expected of you in all seriousness xD.

WEEK 7 MVP: SHADOWMERE (19-6) (13-6)
    NOTE:
    Zapata (16-8) (10-4) So close in getting two MVPs.

RUNNING COUNTER:
    Week 1: Zapata
    Week 2: Ogron
    Week 3: Myollnir
    Week 4: Iron Survivor
    Week 5: LaSenza
    Week 6: vys
    Week 7: Shadowmere

Along with the javelin and basing games, final standings moving into quarterfinals will soon come (assuming your captains won't be already doing the math themselves lol)!
    Last edited by ixt; 12-01-2019, 09:08 PM.

good shit, thx for doing this the entire season. should be exciting playoffs

Comment

Good read! Hopefully someone writes one for jav/base.

Comment

good write up, good to see my boys shadownere, zapata and Okyo doing well
        British> my 18th tomoz $$
        Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Working...
        X