How should the next DT be structured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should the next DT be structured?

Thoughts on what changes to star cap the next DT should implement?
    modify star cap to accommodate low star
    9.09%
    Make a rule a 6* must be added
    18.18%
    Keep as is
    36.36%
    Other
    36.36%

Please specify your ideas if voting for other

Comment

8 teams. Full quarter finals. Adjust base to 65*
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

8 teams. Full quarter finals. Adjust base to 66*

Comment

I'm gonna pump for a 4th event in lieu of the second base match again.

- 5v5 spider league
          - 1v1 race event between two fastest players
          - 5v5 EG baseduel
          - 4v4 DSB East

We're getting a lot of cross-zone migration from dying/dead zones, and it might be worth looking at the most successful leagues in those zones. Some of them were really really good.

This is the best way to avoid snore fest teams like Zidane's or Dreamwin's running away with it. A 1v1 race means you only need one incredibly talented pilot to show up. An EG baseduel / DSB East event would give multizoners a huge edge. And it would be much easier to field a team of 5 spiders than a traditional base team.

Bring in something new imo. It's only TWDT, not like the titles really matter.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

If there was gonna be a new division, some decent team-based arenas are:
            - turretwar2
            - warzone
            - starcon
            - hockey

They also have the benefit of being more noob-friendly than wb/jav/base.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
              I'm gonna pump for a 4th event in lieu of the second base match again.

- 5v5 spider league
              - 1v1 race event between two fastest players
              - 5v5 EG baseduel
              - 4v4 DSB East

We're getting a lot of cross-zone migration from dying/dead zones, and it might be worth looking at the most successful leagues in those zones. Some of them were really really good.

This is the best way to avoid snore fest teams like Zidane's or Dreamwin's running away with it. A 1v1 race means you only need one incredibly talented pilot to show up. An EG baseduel / DSB East event would give multizoners a huge edge. And it would be much easier to field a team of 5 spiders than a traditional base team.

Bring in something new imo. It's only TWDT, not like the titles really matter.
              I like this idea. EG or DSB "minigames" would probably attract more population to TW and maybe get them involved in other divisions too. In addition, I personally enjoy those formats very much and could imagine them generating interest amongst other TW players who never set foot in other zones. To my understanding the other zones are more or less dead. Good thinking Commodo!
              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I would most definitely be interested in a 5vs5 baseduel mini league during TWDT season. No star limits, perhaps.

I also know for a fact that a lot of players from other zones would love Trench Wars to have a spider league (which makes sense, it's one of our highest skill requirement ships) in more open space similar to the earlier versions of TWSD.

Comment

i think it would be fun to have a day or weekend long draft league with small teams. not entirely sure how base would work but wb or jav could be teams of 4 or 5 with a full roster of 6 or 7. as many caps as can be fielded and then run through an entire tournament in one day or a weekend if necessary. finding hosts would likely be an issue i guess, but it would be a good time to have 16 teams in a double elimination tournament

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

That would be sick if there were eg baseduel mini games. There is an EG facebook with hundreds of egers in it just waiting for something like this to happen.

Comment

The last time I was staff, there were thoughts about multi zone leagues. I cant remember why it 'failed'. Maybe cuz ppl were going by the books and asked permission to use settings etc. Maybe qan or Henry saari know/remember more about this.

Comment

As far as I remember the current system operator of SSCU Extreme Games did not want to share their league settings, sub-arenas, and bots with our zone. He felt it would be the end of their zone despite most of their players wanting for at least a partial merge to happen to ensure leagues keep on running.

Instead they opted with merging most of their popular leagues into the public arena. I don't recall the full details, but I do believe the community of Extreme Games were extremely unhappy with the decisions being made by system operators which was the final nail in the coffin. Now the once mighty and glorious zone is a ghost town.

I was only partially involved in the movement to get other leagues moved to our zone at that time, and perhaps now they have had a change of heart and are willing to cooperate with us.

Funnily enough I do remember at first getting the green light to proceed with the migration to get baseduel settings and bots from Extreme Games, but days later the offer was withdrawn for whatever reason.

Comment

I think if it were hosted only as part of a multi-zone league then EG might be willing. I'd recommend interested players feel this one out a bit. It seems reasonable.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

We could easily merge all zones into Trench Wars, except Hockey Zone. They are all dead, some attempting to revive some literally bury. All "only one zone" players that retired because of this would be able to come back, and obviously some of them will come. Their is many way to get settings/arena of other zones and if it means sneaky methods, who gonna sue us? Then we could merge Hockey Zone, the jewel. It doesn't need to be adapted to euro, it's perfect as it is. Fire the retards and bring back the precedent settings. After all this happen, I could work on bring newbies. There is many ways, and I have many ideas. One easily doable but requiring time is bombing big gaming forums around the world with an intriguing message. By pm always, part of the plot, my idea in the primitive state is : a countdown hosted on a neutral website, with an intriguing message about a big tournament to determine the best player of the hardest game. With money to earn, obviously I would add to the stack. And obviously a real trench warrior will earn the money, but technically they can earn it, it's part of the plot also. In the message, it is necessary to not talk about SubSpace, neither giving any hint, while getting clear about what they gonna find the d-day. A very old game, ugly let's be real. And they must, despite this, be hype to participate in it, which is hard. I can do this. D-day the instructions appears on the website to connect into the game. And 1000 players is a realistic goal if the time allow it. At short term I can do nothing, and it's perfect as many things have to be done before ie first part of my block. At medium-term I can find the time. It won't be a rebirth but at best could turn ~50 of them into active players, which is really huge. And a big event with 1000 players would be memorable. I repeat I can do this, just merge all zone, and by zone I mean arena/settings and leagues, and I do this.

Comment

Yep Turban is correct, it was already in the process before but then FC had a change of heart due to him wanting to attempt one last time to revive the zone. Unfortunately it didn't work, and it has been over a year. I'm sure if tw staff were to talk to fc now, he'd have a change of heart. I do like that fc at least tried, though but unfortunately it didn't work and I'm sure he'd be willing to cooperate now.

EDIT: Another thing.. before deciding anything you should gauge how many egers would actually participate. It'd be a shame for qan or others to put in so much effort only to find out like 10 people want it. Then again.. the argument can be made that it doesn't matter, it'd be good fun for the current twers anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X