TWDT Season 20 Captains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Season 20 Captains

These are the caps we are going with after recent departure of Ardour for captain. Due to the drop in ratings and the slight disadvantage, we are going to make mvp/snoopie back up caps for this upcoming season, pending anyone else dropping out or joining.

2020 Caps
    Tiny
    Commodo
    zidane
    Mean Gene
    Zizzo
    Zapata
    morph
    Dreamwin

Backups
    mvp
    Snoopie

Captain Pick order:
    1. Zizzo
    2. Zapata
    3. Commodo
    4. Mean Gene
    5. zidane
    6. Morph
    7. Dreamwin
    8. Tiny
    Last edited by Tiny; 02-06-2020, 06:06 PM.

Just so everyone knows, this is not a final list, but a list of people who have volunteered. If we get more than enough captains, some of these names are "if you need me" names and some are more experienced than others and some want to cap more than others. We obviously want to have the best possible captains, so if you think you want to volunteer as cap, please let us know. Thanks!
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I wish to cap, but i guess a 10* spectator isnt top pick to cap. still im willing to do it.
      10* Spectator
      Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
      https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
      Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
        Reach out to me or Tiny if you would like to volunteer to cap.

Captain volunteers so far:

RaCka
        Mean Gene
        Zizzo
        Ardour
        morph
        Dreamwin
        Pretty good list so far. I think it’s obvious it should be 2-3 leaguers as caps. I think ideally, Zidane and tiny shouldn’t cap to keep the bias at minimum (subjectively or objectively) but I’m not accusing them of any wrong intent. I think those 6 would make the best list with the addition of 2 of 3 of commodo, turban, and rough if they signed up. I know trasher intermittently likes to captain and would be another good option. I’m still willing to be a backup option but it’s getting more clear that multi-leaguers would be the better option.
        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post

Pretty good list so far. I think it’s obvious it should be 2-3 leaguers as caps. I think ideally, Zidane and tiny shouldn’t cap to keep the bias at minimum (subjectively or objectively) but I’m not accusing them of any wrong intent. I think those 6 would make the best list with the addition of 2 of 3 of commodo, turban, and rough if they signed up. I know trasher intermittently likes to captain and would be another good option. I’m still willing to be a backup option but it’s getting more clear that multi-leaguers would be the better option.
          yep, can't have the same people running the league (while being involved in player ratings?) to participate as captains.. that should be obvious to everyone

also, you should let snoopie cap - he might crush you all
          - appy

Comment

as always, the issue is this is a volunteer game. nobody wants to run the league and cap.

but if the choice is between tiny/zid capping and running league, or them running the league and snoopie/afghan capping, the zone is better served by the former.

the issue is always the lack of veteran volunteers.

aprix crying and never helping is the poster child for this zone.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

maybe, maybe not..

i think you should let people help when they volunteer, even the 6 or 7-stars sometimes, that's how they grow and hopefully also the zone.

i'm just pointing out the obvious to avoid complaints and unfair gaming.
              - appy

Comment

Maybe captains don't play and just get a special captain participation/final position medal :P

Comment

if choosen, (prolly not) i will C as in Coach and not C as i Captain, i will put my team first and only play if we need a 6* and dont have a better option. pz.
                  10* Spectator
                  Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
                  https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
                  Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPiE View Post
                    if choosen, (prolly not) i will C as in Coach and not C as i Captain, i will put my team first and only play if we need a 6* and dont have a better option. pz.
                    Problem is, this only works if all other captains do this, as they are invariably not 6* players and after round 0, your team will be severely disadvantaged.

How about captains with low * values get bonus picks in the first round to balance this out ?
                    Last edited by Kassius; 01-25-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Suggest we have a DT at some point in the future where we have all low * captains, giving a chance for more people to step up. This could make for a really interesting draft too lol.

Aprix
                      You can play almost every ship why don't you cap?
                      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                      (10 seconds later)
                      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

In Hockey Zone they picked the most retarded players as captains (Falconeer is one of them lol), it was a terrible idea.

Comment

These are the caps we are going with after recent departure of Ardour for captain. Due to the drop in ratings and the slight disadvantage, we are going to make mvp/snoopie back up caps for this upcoming season, pending anyone else dropping out or joining.

2020 Caps
                          Tiny
                          RaCka
                          zidane
                          Mean Gene
                          Zizzo
                          Zapata
                          morph
                          Dreamwin

Backups
                          mvp
                          Snoopie

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

good shit.

next we need a ratings sheet so we can:
                            1. suggest changes
                            2. caps can plan their draft

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                              good shit.

next we need a ratings sheet so we can:
                              1. suggest changes
                              2. caps can plan their draft
                              Plan on the ratings sometime sunday and a draft order to follow.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                              X