TWDT-B Draft Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT-B Draft Review

I've used a simple binary rating for each part of a team (terrier, sharks, spiders) as they relate to the competition: + or - for good or bad.

Fried Liver Attack

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: Zizzo (9)
    Sharks: Sprackle (8), Markmrw (9)
    Spiders: Trasher (10), Ardour (7), Kentaro (7), Maito_chi (8), tj hazuki (8)

Terrier: +
    Sharks: +
    Spiders: -

Zizzo is a good terrier and has good leadership qualities. I like Sprackle and Markmrw in shark but they are not 10-stars and the spider line lacks star personalities so this team could use some pep from the captain. The team doesn't really have loudmouths or disagreeable personalities on it which is good though. If megaman89 (10) shows, Markmrw (9), Ardour (7) and Kentaro (7) ride the bench, and if he doesn't, Olde (7) and uprise (6) do. Lupin (8) is also available, as is Henry Saari (9).

Winner: No
    Reasoning: With megaman89 yes, but like that's going to happen

Stray

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: SpookedOne (8)
    Sharks: Major Crisis (8), mvp (7)
    Spiders: Zapata (7), Ease (10), aprix (8), Cripple (10), i.d. (7)

Sharks: -

Zapata got passed Ease as picker #2 overall. I feel like he could have picked a better team with that boon handed to him. The other shark for this squad is a bit of a mystery for me, which is not a good sign really. Could be mvp or i.d. or aprix. What is also a problem is that the team's star total comes out to 65/66. When Rough (9) shows Stray will need to bench a few 7-stars and put in a 6-star, none stand out but beast (6) has experience at least.

Reasoning: Confusing line, possibly lacking in shark or spider power or both

Spider

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: bitsaver (8)
    Sharks: Commodo (10), Jackie> (7)
    Spiders: JAMAL (10), ro (10), blt_12 (7), Scurvy (7), Glyde (7)

A nice spider duo is available in 10-stars JAMAL and ro. Commodo and JAMAL both might want to shark, but in that case I don't understand how the spider line would work. Only one 8+ star spider is too thin. Midoent (9) is on roster of course but there is no room to field him. I have Vehicle (8) on the bench here also, sad face.

Reasoning: Team cannot field all their good spiders

Giants

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: Warportal (8) or Pure_Luck (8)
    Sharks: Mean Gene (8), Rasaq (8)
    Spiders: turban (10), skatarius (10), Ra (9), retroaction (7), Legacy (6)

Terrier: -
    Spiders: +

Mean Gene's team has a really good spider line, and they can even field most of it with 8-stars the likes of Warportal, Pure_Luck, Mean Gene and Rasaq in tow. Not sure if Rasaq is the best shark here though. I suspect turban might want to shark, but even with him out skatarius and Ra are a force of destruction. Oh and there's not even any room for RUCCI (9).

Winner: Yes
    Reasoning: Good spiders lol

Power

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: Ogron (10)
    Sharks: zidane (10), Nipple Nibbler (8)
    Spiders: okyo (8), hellkite (9), MousE (8), Kira_Yamato~ (7), hedcase8 (6)

zidane had a great terrier, shark and spider already after the first two rounds (himself, Ogron, and okyo). He broke the cardinal rule of picking a terrier too early, round 2, but last season Commodo's Spider did the same thing and came out with the crown so I don't know what to think anymore. I also don't know who MousE (8) and sarger (9) and TPZ (8) are, and that's likely to stay that way because zidane will have a hard time fielding any of them. Notable bench back-ups also include Raples (7) and Sulla (7).

Reasoning: Too many players I don't know, and as for those I do, the line is similar to that of the last DT where it lost

Treyway

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: Mikkiz (10)
    Sharks: Oderus Urungus (9), Oh Snap Son Its Joe (9)
    Spiders: Cape (9), Lockdown (8), rozay (7), Amnesti (6), Poseidon (8)

The award for longest shark names goes to morph's squad. Morph picked two terriers rounds 1-2 but luckily got on track after that. Now if Treyway can teach Amnesti to camp this can actually be a really strong team. Morph picked a strong squad last season and would have gone further had most of his team not no-showed then. Renzi (9) and Tim (8) are also available.

Reasoning: morph picked a solid team last season, and this is continuation of the trend

Terrorist

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: diakka (8)
    Sharks: Paradise (8), WillBy (8)
    Spiders: dreamwin (10), nowon (10), bram (8), maketso (8), panty (6)

Dreamwin and nowon on spider is a really tasty combination and one we haven't yet seen in draft, I think. I also like dreamwin's sharks. Paradise and WillBy are both quite reliable. If diakka show up this team is at it's best, but if not maketso would terr and bram would rotate out for destruct (7) and saiyan (9). I don't know who saiyan is but this team is competent even without him so that's a good sign.

Reasoning: With diakka it will be easy, without him it'll be hard

Pure Luck

Suggested lineup:
    Terrier: Heaven (8)
    Sharks: Singer (7), mcvicar (10)
    Spiders: Steadman (8), JURASSIC (9), wbm (9), Hoppin (8), Hackysack (7)

What started with trepidation for Tiny and Pure Luck (3rd picking Singer, a 9-star jav to a team that already had two 9-star javs Tiny and Steadman??) turned out all right in the end. At this point Pure Luck is a contender for having the best spider line in the tournament. In addition to that they have a solid terrier in Heaven. Now this team's fate lies only on one thing, like all things in the universe.. Tiny's trading. Please don't trade your best basers away on week one like last season, Tiny.

Spiders Banks (8) and Tripin (8) are also available if that wasn't enough.

Reasoning: Four 8+ star spiders with a solid shell, the draft recipe for success

As John Kramer says in the Saw movies.. let the game begin!

Mouse is apparently the guy that created Pandora, Sarger is an old Pandora legend and a great spider I saw him playing today, no idea who's TPZ. Saiyan is a multizone players than became very quickly a top player in all leagues. Also Zapata is a shark.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Ship View Post
      I also don't know who MousE (8) and sarger (9) are

Reasoning: Too many players I don't know, and as for those I do, the line is similar to that of the last DT where it lost

thanks for the write-up. i guess we can't win, but the important thing is playing the game and having fun : )
      top 100 basers list

Comment

As Ogron might think apparently, I think Power have the best team in base. All teams can perform I think, and I agree all teams cited "yes" as winner are a bit stronger than others (except Power ofc). Team I think the last in my prediction is Stray but Ease is a crazy player so no reason they can't do it.

Comment

Mouse and sarger are former leaders of Pandora Holy Ship
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Was looking forward to a warportal vs pure_luck old school terr match but mean gene had to ruin that.
            fu

Comment

Working...
            X