【 TWDT-J 】 Draft Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 TWDT-J 】 Draft Review

Morph asked me to quickly write a quick review for TWDT-J, so fuck it here we go ..

Fried Liver Attack

Trasher (9) – Zizzo (8) – Uprise (8) – Ardour (8) – Sprackle (7)

Substitutes: megaman89 (9) – Geio (8) – Maito_Chi (7) – Henry Saari (6)

It is hard to say what to expect from this team, but on paper it is filled with defensive-minded players while lacking a true carry player to lead the charge. On a brighter note four of their starting members played at a high level in the previous season and Zizzo is likely looking for a repeat performance from his members. Uprise got upgraded to 8-star rating after his magnificent performance in the latest season, and only time will tell whether he continues to improve at the same rate.

In the end the potential is there to get snatch up several wins, but I do not see this lineup being capable of winning the title without any major trades or free agency picks. Prove me wrong.

Overall Rating: 83

Stray

Ease (10) – aprix (9) – Major Crisis (7) – Spectacular (7) – Big Sean (7)

Substitutes: Rough (10) – Beast (7) – i.d. (7) – Wirah (6)

A surprisingly well-balanced team with several different options when it comes to the starting lineup. I would be curious to see Rough and Ease in the same lineup, but it is a high risk move as it would require Stray to rely on Wirah to stay alive which historically speaking has not been a smart plan. It is still an option worth exploring early in the season.

It is going to be interesting to see who gets to be added to the starting lineup as most of their 7-star players are playing on a very similar level. This team is not going to be a world-beater by any means, but still likely to finish in the top-half of the ladder.

Overall Rating: 87

Spider

Commodo (10) – Ro (9) – Jamal (8) – Odak (7) – Scurvy (6)

Substitutes: Nine (8) – Shaun (8) – Flew (7) – bitsaver (7)

Commodo is going to have a tough time figuring out the ideal starting lineup as he also could opt into 10-8-8-7-7 or 10-8-8-8-6 variations as well.

Ro is a great player, but his rating increase from 8-star to 9-star is quite significant and I do not expect him to play out of his mind like he did in the previous season. I would perhaps prefer using both Jamal and Nine over him as it would allow Flew to play as a 7-star javelin and removing a weaker 6-star from the lineup. Odak has quickly picked up this zone and with some guidance could be a strong player for Spider.

High potential team, but most of these players have never played together in a javelin match which could be an issue.

Overall Rating: 85

Giants

Turban (10) – Skatarius (8) – Spider Web (8) – Mean Gene (8) – Rucci (6)

Substitutes: Iron Survivor (8) – Rojo (7) – Peru (7) – Rasaq (7) – Ra (7) – Crescendo (6)

This is a well-built team with Skatarius and Spider Web being some of the strongest 8-star players in the league. I fully expect this team to be one of the top three teams this season in this league. Mean Gene and Iron Survivor are cream of the crop within their rating bracket when they are on top of their game. It is a formidable quartet allowing for much versatility in the lineups.

The performances of Rucci and Crescendo are essential in case they opt into using a 10-8-8-8-6 variation, but there’s enough depth in 7-star department for quick adjustments with the likes of Rasaq and Ra to switch it up on the fly.

Overall Rating: 95

Power

Zidane (10) – Hellkite (8) – Okyo (8) – Kira_Yamato (8) – Nipple Nibbler (6)

Substitutes: Raples (8) – Ogron (7) – Sulla (7) – Rab (7) – Snoopie (6)

Above is one of the more interesting options available to Zidane which he might opt into using for some of the matches, but it is likely that his first choice is using Ogron as 7-star as he has been one of the better performing 7-star players for past several seasons and will likely continue to perform at similar level. It is a much safer choice to go with a 10-8-8-7-7 variation with Rab as the second one.

One of the key factors to success this season is to have quality of 8-star players, and Power definitely does not fall short of having 8-stars as they have three players all of who have potential to play at a 9-star or higher level depending on their current form.

Overall this is an excellent team with only some minor issues regarding 7-star and 6-star slots.

Overall Rating: 95

Treyway

Morph (9) – Cape (9) – Mikkiz (8) – renzi (7) – Lockdown (7)

Substitutes: RaCka (10) – Amnesti (9) – Poseidon (7) – Unlimited (6) – Stek (6)

I am not sure what to think about this lineup. It has a lot of potential, but the players don't mesh together too well and there is likely going to be issues with everyone wanting to play.

RaCka is unfortunately going to be difficult to fit into this lineup as Morph drafted a very top-heavy lineup. Amnesti has very high potential however tends to crumble under pressure leading to very inconsistent performances thus it might be better to start him on the bench. Unlimited could prove to be a vital part of this team as he has played rather well in the past and is quickly improving, and starting him would allow for way more flexibility in terms of lineup.

Treyway should seriously consider using a 10-9-8-7-6 variation depending on how well Unlimited or Stek perform. Underrated team and potentially could be the dark horse of this tournament.

Overall Rating: 90

Terrorist

Dreamwin (9) – Saiyan (9) – Paradise (8) – Nowon (7) – Destruct (7)

Substitutes: maketso (8) – Bram (7) – Voth (6)

Dreamwin managed to build a great all-around team once again with three quality players for 7-star slot featuring Nowon, Destruct, and Bram. It is a recipe for success to have several good players in low-star bracket. Paradise and Maketso are interchangeable with one another and both have great track records. Saiyan might be this teams Achilles' heel as he does not care as much about this zone.

Overall Rating: 93

Pure Luck

Steadman (9) – Tiny (9) – Singer (9) – Tripin (7) – Yojimbo (6)

Substitutes: fram (8) – Jurassic (7) – wbm (7) – Jessup (7)

This team is on the mercy of Yojimbo as it is unlikely that Tiny is willing to bench any of the 9-star players. Tripin getting downgraded from 8-star to 7-star rating this season is a blessing in disguise and could potentially catapult this team into some unexpected results. However, in my opinion their best option would be to bench Steadman or Singer and use a 9-9-8-7-7 variant.

Overall this is a strong and balanced team with potential to go far – perhaps even all the way to the end should the stars align correctly.

Overall Rating: 85

This looks like a great season with six strong teams with the remaining two lagging slightly ehind in terms of potential should the teams remain as they are.

No clear favorites. My prediction is that the top three will be Power, Giants, and Terrorist in no particular order followed by Treyway and Stray. Pure Luck, Spider, and Fried Liver Attack will battle for the last three spots.
    Last edited by Turban; 02-10-2020, 06:48 PM.

Always a good read. Stray really smell like an Ease work, I guess Zapata took advices and he really do right if he did because it looks like the best starter to me. I would only place i.d. over Big Sean tho, or maybe Beast. I have no idea why you rate your team n?1, it's a good team but not over Stray for exemple imo. Or really I'm wrong about Rucci javelin??

Comment

Heh, just did my own review, I disagree a bit on your assessment of some overall ratings, especially for Treyway, Giants & Stray - I guess we'll see who's wrong in the end :P

Comment

The reason for ranking Power and Giants as high is due to their 8-star lineup strength. A team with two (or three in case of Power and Giants) good 8-stars have a slight edge over teams who opted to go with strong 7-star players, especially when many of those 8-stars are very comparable to most 9-star players. This is my personal opinion and could definitely be wrong in the long run.

As a more unrelated note, I do feel both Rucci and Crescendo have great potential to be 6-star players, with some practice and effort .. heck, Rucci has over 21000 kills and a postive record in ?go javs. There are some other 6-star players who might rise to the occasion such as Stek who has apparently played extremely well in eliminations.

.. oh, as a quick edit, good job on yours Singer. We have some disagreements and will be interesting to see which one of us gets closer.
        Last edited by Turban; 02-10-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

good writeup, thanks for this turby.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Much appreciated the effort and good read, I will ask though....

In what world is
            Steadman (9) – Tiny (9) – Singer (9) – Tripin (7) – Yojimbo (6) - 85

and

Turban (10) – Skatarius (8) – Spider Web (8) – Mean Gene (8) – Rucci (6) - 95??

Please elaborate on the rating system for my personal knowledge.
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Actually I think Tiny did the best draft overall, but all caps did a good job apparently. But this jav line wow, if Yojimbo^ can just stay alive I can't see them losing.

Comment

Working...
              X