TWDT-J Team Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT-J Team Reviews

Welp, looks like Turban beat me to it and just did a DT-J review, hopefully his and mine aren't too much of the same,

To note that these lineups and skill reviews are only the opinion of a guy that hasn't paid much attention to whether or not some people have improved in the last few years... but honestly if you weren't good 5 years ago, you probably still suck today and just don't have what it takes and you probably should PM Tiny in-game for personal 1 on 1 lessons, he's taking applications.

FriedLiverAttack

Trasher (9)
    Zizzo (8)
    Ardour (8)

Uprise (8)
    Sprackle (7)

Backups:
    Megaman89 (9)
    Geio (8)

Kentaro (7)

The hopes of this group of players will seemingly rely on Trasher's ability to get everyone to stay together as a unit and team as well as they can against their opponent, I think Zizzo & Ardour have enough experience to stay alive and pair up with their leader.. and Uprise seems to have gotten good enough to the point of earning an extra * compared to the previous season, which in a way is a shame because if Uprise was still at 7* I wouldn't have had to bench Geio and scratch my head to figure out who was going to take that spot in this lineup, I'm guessing it will be Sprackle who's shown he can sometimes put up some big numbers, especially if his teammates can play tight together and provide support.

All in all, the team's alright but I'm failing to see who can manage to be aggressive and hold his own versus the elites.
    Not going to bother writing about megaman89 here because he seems inactive and that would mean they need to field a second 7* jav in their lineup which is already hard to find.

Stray

Ease (10)
    Aprix(9)

Major Crisis (7)
    mvp (7)
    Spectacular (7)

Backups:
    Rough (10)
    Big Sean (7)
    Zapata (7)
    i.d.(7)

Beast (7)

Here we have Ease's team with another fellow vet in Aprix and then.... a bunch of people who will go below 1:1, I even had to check out the DT Stats for this one to try to figure out who was the best 7*s to be fielded here and I couldn't find a single one that ended up with positive stats.

We all know Ease is going to be good but the question here will be; How Good? Will he be able to kill out his enemies while his teammates fall apart behind him? Is he going to be able to rally his troops and get them to stay alive while he does all the work? Some of this will depend on Aprix who hopefully will feel inspired to try a little harder with Ease by his side, again, not the greatest stats last season for Aprix who barely managed a 1:1, he's definitely going to need to do better and stick close to Ease because who knows what is going to happen with the rest of the 7*s on this team... I only see Major Crisis who was an 8* on the previous season, that extra value could perhaps help them. For the rest I don't know if it's a problem or a good thing but they have ALOT of 7*s so they will get to experience and hopefully find something that will work after a few weeks of failures.

As for Rough, they would have to field a 6* jav and bench Aprix for him to enter the lineup, it's a possibility and I would find it more interesting to see Rough & Ease play together but I'm not sure who would be their 6* and if Rough even wants to jav.. if he does then Zapata may want to go on the trade market.

For now I'm not very optimistic in Ease being a one man army behind this supporting cast but if somehow he manages, that would only make his legend grow.

Spider

Commodo (10)
    ro (9)
    JAMAL (8)
    Flew (7)
    Scurvy (6)

Backups:
    Nine (8)
    Heisman (7)
    Poid (7)

This is one of the teams I see having no choice but to run out a 6* in their lineup and I think it might actually work out for them.

I think Commodo is going to be well surrounded if everybody shows on his team, the only main point of concern is on if his teammates are going to feel like the game is 4vs5 with having their 6* dying out quick. This will be up to Commodo and his crew to make sure that they can pressure the enemy team so that they don't lose out their weakest link. Luckily I see that their potential 6* in Scurvy has already acquired some experience last season and hopefully knows what to do better this time around. Meanwhile, up and coming superstar Ro who came out of nowhere will hopefully manage to keep his eyes away from his new puppy and power through this huge distraction. Jamal should be the obvious 8* but I'd like to see what Nine can do as well since I only got to see him do good things in HZ, a zone where Flew will hopefully practice hard and win me the cup this year

Giants

Turban (10)
    Mean Gene (8)
    Iron Survivor (8)
    Ra (7)
    Rasaq (7)

Backups:
    Spider Web (8)
    Skatarius (8)
    Rojo (7)
    vargi (7)

I couldn't find more than 2 people on this team that I would qualify as "javs" so honestly I'm not sure that the results are going to be positive for Giants.

First of we have Turban who is using the same strategy as Steadman and claiming to have some hand injury this year. It didn't stop him from kicking some ass in duel2 the last time I saw him around so I wouldn't bet against him being a disappointment this season. The pressure will be on him to be the catalyst and lead the likes of Mean Gene, Iron Survivor, Ra and Rasaq who usually cares more about being good in warbird / basing. They've got some other options on the bench if these don't work out but I'm not sure anyone will manage to stand out if Turban is having a bad game. Perhaps their various experience in different leagues will allow them to mesh together and surprise a few teams out there but it remains to be seen.

Power

Zidane (10)
    Raples (8)

Kira_Yamato~ (8)
    Ogron (7)

Sulla (7)

Backups:
    Okyo (8)
    Hellkite (8)

Bluff (6)

You can usually expect good results from Zidane's team so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing, however besides Ogron I couldn't find a second 7* at this time that could fill their lineup, probably not the biggest of worries and perhaps they will want to try running three 8*s and a 6* instead.

Zidane and Kira_Yamato~ should be able to carry on their usual aggressive play-style while Ogron stays as far back as possible from the action to throw a little bit of bullet support. I'm not sure what else will happen with the rest of the players this lineup but as long as they can keep up with the tempo set by their leader, they should manage to pick off easy kills and have the advantage in numbers in most games.

Treyway

Morph (9)
    Cape (9)
    Mikkiz (8)
    Lockdown (7)
    renzi (7)

Backups:
    RaCka (10)
    Amnesti (9)
    Attacks (7)

On paper, this team has a few decent players that could make an impact but once it's time to actually field them in, their star level gets in the way and it becomes a puzzle as to who will perform best.

The only player I'm sure of for this lineup is Morph, obviously he will want to play himself and be the best player on his team. I'd like to assume that Cape is going to be a sureshot for his lineup since he was his first round pick to my surprise. Perhaps Cape has been more active lately and will be a pleasant surprise but he if doesn't show, amnesti will have to step up and I don't think he's had enough brica lately to play up to a 9* level. The rest of these javs are likely to go negative based off last season's results, with some luck maybe Mikkiz and Lockdown will find some synergy with their team while renzi attempts to share his love for the game with subpar stats.

I wish I could have put RaCka in this lineup, same with amnesti, but they are both overrated and should be lowered by a star.

Terrorist

dreamwin (9)
    saiyan (9)
    Paradise (8)
    Nowon (7)

destruct (7)

Backups:
    maketso (8)
    bram (7)
    beam (7)

I really like the look of this team's javline, with dreamwin being brought down to a 9* this season, he will probably make everyone wish he was a 10* again.
    It's one of the rare team that I didn't have any difficulty making a lineup for, it all falls into place nicely and it definitely looks like they will be a strong contender for the title if everyone shows and performs the way they can. Saiyan will likely continue to impress alongside Paradise who knows how to step his game up and pressure opponents. Nowon has been practicing and will likely be a strong 7* with destruct who also has experience under his belt. They also have some good people on reserves if anyone needs a sub or can't show, which is more than I can say for most the other team.

Pure Luck

fram (8)
    Jessup (7)
    wbm (7)
    J-B-Inc (6)
    Exalt (6)

Backups:
    Steadman (9)
    Tiny (9)
    Singer (9)

This team sucks.

Some final thoughts on the draft;

First of all, y'all suck for keeping Racka as a 10* jav, I don't even know why he was set to 10 in the first place, I don't think he's ever been considered a top 5 jav and after his last season he should have easily went down to a 9, heck even an 8, it was lame to see someone of his caliber go down to the 9th round. There's also some potential fuckery with getting megaman89 if he actually becomes active after getting picked in the 10th round. I'm at least happy that Rough, who got picked late also, is going to Ease's team, making him practically impossible to be played anywhere except base like he said he wanted.

Second, I feel like I've been looking at most of the lineups a bit negatively while scanning through them one by one in my review but after completing this whole thing I realize that it's hard to have a well rounded team and that overall the captains of this draft did a good job at having balanced lineups.

If I had to do a power ranking at this time:
    1) Terrorist
    2) Pure Luck
    3) Power
    4) Spider
    5) FriedLiverAttack
    6) Giants
    7) Treyway
    8) Stray

Feel free to comment and tell me I'm bad,
    Ciao

What a huge stuff. Hopefully we gonna see Megaman89 kicking some asses.

Comment

haha trolling his own team's list in the fact of how stacked Pure Luck really is ^.^

Comment

quite good read, thanks. looks like we both posted a review of sorts at around the same time.

Comment

Agree ixt it's a cup contender clearly, might finally be the year for Yojimbo^ with Tiny, their 9 star trio is too frightening.

Comment

Good write-up, thanks for this content, much appreciated.

Originally posted by Singer
            honestly if you weren't good 5 years ago, you probably still suck today and just don't have what it takes and you probably should PM Tiny in-game for personal 1 on 1 lessons, he's taking applications.
            lol that's bold talk from somebody who has never played a TWLJ final and negged every TWDT-J finals round he's ever played.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

lol that's bold talk from somebody who has never played a TWLJ final and negged every TWDT-J finals round he's ever played.
              This is probably the 10th time you've said this to me and I still don't care, I don't think I've bothered practicing this game ever since TWDT was introducted to the game. Since last year I think I logged in a total of 2 elim pracs and never bothered joining a TWD squad? I have 0 intentions of practicing every single night like you do, obviously I would be better if I did but there's more than just subspace out there my dude, I can't imagine how much joy a DT medal brings you but I hope it's all worth it for you in the end lol

Comment

If you can't perform, then don't trash half the javs in the zone and talk down to them. All you had to do was do your write-up without it.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I suppose you should be happy that you want less competition...You’ll definitely see both of us in playoffs
                  1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                  1:Zidane> congrats man
                  1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                  1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                  1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

and you wanted more competition by pretending to not want to play anything but base in order to lower your value? cool story

Comment

Lol he loves that strategy, big pussy

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
                        and you wanted more competition by pretending to not want to play anything but base in order to lower your value? cool story
                        Every top player knows TWDT is complete dogshit when it comes to jav and wb, it’s not fun at all teaming with 8 and 7 stars. People like you who have a tough time in TWL atmosphere love TWDT because it suits your rating. There is nothing for me to “accomplish” in this game but yet I’m going to pretend to lower my value...i am a huge troll but in this case, get a grip.

ps: I was literally begging DW to pick me in his first pick but the guy rejected me, there is no value for me.
                        1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                        1:Zidane> congrats man
                        1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                        1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                        1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

How am I going to see both you and Ease in the playoffs if you've been telling everyone you don't care and don't want to play jav this year?
                          Assuming you could have kept your mouth shut like everyone else to not lower your value, tell me what would have been the chances of you being in the same team as Ease? an how is that good for the competition?

btw I've never felt the need to ever have to "accomplish" anything in this game so I'm glad you've finally got to my level on this one atleast lol

Comment

is this is like one of those my dad can beat up your dad things?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Except all of us have reached 'dad'-age

Comment

Working...
                              X