Change the TWDT-D Map Back, Everyone Hates It and it's Horrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the TWDT-D Map Back, Everyone Hates It and it's Horrible

This stupid circular piece of shit is atrocious, nobody wants it, everyone hates it, it has been pushed through by 1 person:

Tiny

A javelin who can't play any other ship and is gonna make WB trash for 150+ people because he feels like it.

Half the reason TWDT was a joke in the past was these joke maps like the circular DT-D map, and now he's put another terrible but similar map in its place.

Put the old map back and stick to jav, you have no business ruining TWDT-D for warbirds.
    top 100 basers list

I agree with Ogron on this though I have no idea how much it actually affected my poor performance today as I am incredibly sick with what I think is a kidney stone/kidney infection.

I absolutely dislike this new arena and really am disappointed that this wasn't up for a vote anywhere (at least publically) or even given a trial period for warbirds to voice feedback on. Which is what should of happened; designate an arena to the new map for squads to test out and give feedback on ie. twdd3 has circle map arena.

To drop it out of nowhere, at the start of TWDTD seems shady. I don't like that. I guess it would be 1 thing to make it strictly to TWDTD but it's for all warbird arena's..no one can play on the old maps again.

Please change it back to the way it was. I also ask that next time you guys decide to do massive changes like this, to get more involvement from the community first. Thanks.

Comment

Same thing for javelin.

Comment

How did the map changes just get through without any communication. Theyre both awful

Comment

IMO we should make no change during season, and the season started already… I agree players should have been asked before however.

Comment

I mean I'm not even planning on playing TWDT-D this season, got zero interest in the ship and our 10/8/8/7/7 line looks good, so I don't care at all personally, I just think it sucks for all the warbirds who are playing and enjoy the ship to be forced to play on that map because of Tiny.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

could go the lengths of replaying Week 1 due to an unapproved change in settings as many people expressed displeasure and play affected? Just a suggestion namely to zidane as clearly Tiny has shown to be unreliable

Comment

It's not fair to pile it all on Tiny. zidane was aware of the map changes as well and didn't veto. Bram created them, I uploaded them and Turban tweaked/fixed a few things.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I've spoken to a bunch of players who don't mind the map but have said they do prefer the old one, so it's not all negative. The people who dislike it just speak louder. It's definitely a pretty noticeable change but once people get used to it they may end up liking it more.

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post
                    as clearly Tiny has shown to be unreliable
                    He should be fired.
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Can we make the new map half as big and cut down both wb games to 5 min each?

Comment

We have had this circle for many seasons in the past. There wasnt that much complaining back then. It got changed to the stray and run square when ogron began to run twdt.
                        I have seen something on forum that said tiny/zidane wanted to change the maps. I believe even some people gave some feedback on it. And yes.. Even the wb map can use something new.
                        ​​​​​​.
                        ​​Maybe people forget that twdt was the league people play with different teammaten on a different map when it got created. That this league ended as our only serieus league doesnt mean the maps should be the old boring maps over and over. A new map shows if your playstyle can adapt.
                        ​​

Comment

Although I had a shocker, I actually prefer it. It's much harder to run. The spawn area can be brutal though as you're not too far from an enemy ship.

Comment

I'd like to see a figure of 8 WB map come in to replace the circular one - worth a consideration?
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I like the new map myself. It flows so great. People are overdramatizing this issue. It isn't like there are bad rock distributions or anything. It is a little different the way you squeeze a solo player as a team but an argument can be made a square corner is dumb too. Also the staggered edges are traps if you hit them wrong. It's cool to see something new, Thanks tiny!
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X