No announcement yet.

Change the TWDT-D Map Back, Everyone Hates It and it's Horrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally do not mind the map as it is something different and fresh, but then again I am by no means someone who should be considered to be an accomplished Warbird player.

Obviously the arena has its obvious pros and cons, however the exact same argument could be used against the original arena. In the end there will always be a vocal minority with few devout followers opposing any change while pretending that they represent the majority of our competitive community. This is unfortunately a very common occurrence in video games and ours is no different.

On a more positive note I really do like the fact that there are no big asteroids to hide behind as they are one of the worst parts of the league with the other one being unlimited resolution making the games feel extremely sluggish and slow. The games played out smoothly and I did not really see anyone taking advantage of the oval shape.

I would recommend increasing the spawn radius ever so slightly to add more variance to possible spawn locations.

Comment

Dear Ogron,

I'm a bit biased as I made the map.

I admit communications should've been better. Tiny asked me If I could make some maps. It was done 2 weeks ago or so, and I didn't see it online or tested it till the twdtd game.
      Ideally we could put 3 new/different maps online in both dd and jd. Then before the new season starts we decide on which one to use.
      Now no one knew, or could prac it. I heard the twdtj map is in twjd2? Anyway I like small changes in maps, keeps the game a bit more vital.

As for twdtd, i prefer oval shape to rectangular. The game changed a lot in wbs, many ppl now use 1920+ res, and it leads to backwards straying, which i get, because to many its gives a better chance than close combat.
      With rectangular, u can run along 4 long sides, if a rusher makes 1 shot too early and misses, the runner escapes.
      With an oval map it's way better to push and team and if the rusher is patient with its shot, it will always cut off the runner. With this map u don't want to get stuck on the sides, and no good hiding places.

Imo it would suit u a lot better as u r an aggro wb.
      Just like racka dropped 40 in 2 games (he's the best and most aggro wb in the game)

Anyway my 2 cents.

I'd be happy to make changes or provide dif maps if wanted. I've more time for that than playing atm, a nice way for me to give back a bit to this game.

One love

Comment

Change the map back. Don’t change the map back. Either way, bluff will smite you.
        Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
        Rasaq> err moral

Comment

If the map was a cross shape then walls would be straight and people wouldn't be able to run around the edge forever.

Comment

the oval is a good idea but it should be about 20x smaller and just everyone spawns within 2 ships of each other. then wbs would be fixed.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              In the end there will always be a vocal minority with few devout followers opposing any change while pretending that they represent the majority of our competitive community. This is unfortunately a very common occurrence in video games and ours is no different.
              That is such a garbage argument here, when I've been for the TWDT-J map changes and was for the TWLB changes you put in place.

There are legitimate issues with cram in base, and the jav map clearly has areas that could be improved and more interesting due to the mechanics of a bouncing bomb.

But the circle map of TWDT-D pre-2014 was widely considered fucking trash, and this oval is not liked by the majority of warbirds -- I'm not pretending to represent the majority, so eat shit.

This oval is garbage, the circle is garbage, a warbird could have improved the rectangular map I'm sure, but this ain't it.

We should absolutely revert to the classic map as the burden of proof is on the new concept, especially when TWDT is run 3x a year and TWL once -- TWDT the de facto league we have to play, making Major Crisis's argument even dumber than yours that TWDT is all about being different and fresh.

It's now the main league, and shouldn't be turned into an experimental joke.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I have spoken with "majority of warbirds" and general consensus has been that they do not mind the map or at the very least do not hate it. There have been some who even preferred it to the old version.

I suppose we could do a survey and gather feedback from all the participating players for more accurate opinions instead of relying on hearsay.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

That is such a garbage argument here, when I've been for the TWDT-J map changes and was for the TWLB changes you put in place.

There are legitimate issues with cram in base, and the jav map clearly has areas that could be improved and more interesting due to the mechanics of a bouncing bomb.

But the circle map of TWDT-D pre-2014 was widely considered fucking trash, and this oval is not liked by the majority of warbirds -- I'm not pretending to represent the majority, so eat shit.

This oval is garbage, the circle is garbage, a warbird could have improved the rectangular map I'm sure, but this ain't it.

We should absolutely revert to the classic map as the burden of proof is on the new concept, especially when TWDT is run 3x a year and TWL once -- TWDT the de facto league we have to play, making Major Crisis's argument even dumber than yours that TWDT is all about being different and fresh.

It's now the main league, and shouldn't be turned into an experimental joke.
                  Pretty sure I said what u r saying, that twdt used to be a fresh and different league, but it changed to our main league. So calling my argument dumb is stupid. I guess you missed the point about being open to changes. What major change have happened in last couples years but current season?
                  I cant really think of anything, but you changing all the maps to twl style. We tried the prizing burst/port in base.. We tested some jav map in twjd earlier, didnt get through either..
                  Yet I feel like there are enough people open to changes on maps. But also that there is a group of people rejecting everything. (speaking here in general and not attacking you. You might be against the wb map, but dunno your point of view of other stuff. Only that you actually liked the prizing)
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                    Dear Ogron,

I'm a bit biased as I made the map.

I admit communications should've been better. Tiny asked me If I could make some maps. It was done 2 weeks ago or so, and I didn't see it online or tested it till the twdtd game.
                    Ideally we could put 3 new/different maps online in both dd and jd. Then before the new season starts we decide on which one to use.
                    Now no one knew, or could prac it. I heard the twdtj map is in twjd2? Anyway I like small changes in maps, keeps the game a bit more vital.

As for twdtd, i prefer oval shape to rectangular. The game changed a lot in wbs, many ppl now use 1920+ res, and it leads to backwards straying, which i get, because to many its gives a better chance than close combat.
                    With rectangular, u can run along 4 long sides, if a rusher makes 1 shot too early and misses, the runner escapes.
                    With an oval map it's way better to push and team and if the rusher is patient with its shot, it will always cut off the runner. With this map u don't want to get stuck on the sides, and no good hiding places.

Imo it would suit u a lot better as u r an aggro wb.
                    Just like racka dropped 40 in 2 games (he's the best and most aggro wb in the game)

Anyway my 2 cents.

I'd be happy to make changes or provide dif maps if wanted. I've more time for that than playing atm, a nice way for me to give back a bit to this game.

One love
                    Well said my new friend!

Comment

I agree with Ogron for the first time, the classic version is much better. So what if someone runs or hides behind rocks? That's always been part of the game.
                      Mr. Arrogant 2 entered arena

Paky Dude> asdfasdf
                      Paky Dude> sdfasdkl;fasdklfjkl
                      Paky Dude> asl'fjalsdkfjkldfj
                      Paky Dude> jfalsfjklasdjfklsdfj
                      Paky Dude> now gtfo

Mr. Arrogant 2 left arena

Comment

i'm all for changes, but they have to make sense, and in general they should come from player's who play that particular league.

turban designed the new twdt-j map and i like it. the proposed basing changes were made by basers. myth plays leagues and changed TWDT to an overall star cap and it's been successful.

this twdt-d map is made by bram and pushed through by tiny... both people who don't wb. wbs weren't consulted.

i'm not against changing the twdt-d map, but it should have been iterated with input from top warbirds, tested beforehand, etc.

not just dumped into the main league of the game. the circle map from 2013 was widely panned.

joke maps kept TWDT from taking off in the past and hurt it's ability to draw the majority of the player base. one of the key changes was having good, standard maps.

they shouldn't be changed so fucking casually.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          i'm all for changes, but they have to make sense, and in general they should come from player's who play that particular league--they shouldn't be changed so fucking casually.
                          Whole heartily agree. I mean fuck... up until Sunday, ANY changes to TWDT were ALWAYS made with extreme caution and deliberation.. I guess those days are behind us now?

Originally posted by Paky Dude View Post
                          I agree with Ogron for the first time, the classic version is much better. So what if someone runs or hides behind rocks? That's always been part of the game.
                          Exactly. The circle map only encourages you to run around, either rushing or away from other players. There isn't much strategy involved. Fighting in corners, along walls, pulling off amazing jukes and bounce shots took skill. This map removes that.

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                          I have spoken with "majority of warbirds"

I suppose we could do a survey and gather feedback from all the participating players for more accurate opinions instead of relying on hearsay.
                          Can you please tell us all these "warbirds" you consulted are? Also, I mean, why didn't you guys think to test a big change like this beforehand? I don't know why all this was done largely in secret without anyone knowing until TWDT starts? Doesn't that seem shady? Does to me! I am not trying to be a complete dick but I think this behavior is dangerous. Dangerous to the integrity of the league and the health of the zone. ALL the maps for warbird are now a circle. That's a huge turn off for players who dislike it to even log in and play this game during non league times.

I don't know. I am just massively disappointed in how all of this was handled and the recklessness of it all. I really think the old maps need to come back and that this circle map should be setup in like TWDD3 or something to have for testing/feedback and go from there.

Comment

At the very least, there should be a poll after the season is over to ask players if we keep the new maps or return to the old maps. It's maybe planned. Thanks Bram and whoever worked on those maps for the time, I like the warbird map at least. But it shouldn't be a little group of people to decide what map we play.

Comment

I enjoyed playing in the new map
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I like this map very much now

Comment

Working...