TWBDT Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWBDT Week 3

We're back for another installment of Newbie-Poseidon-Tells-You-The-Biz. Glad to be here. I was doing some thinking, and I wonder, it must be so refreshing for everyone to have a person dishing out their opinion who gives 0 fucks about how many TWL titles someone has or hasn't won, gives 0 fucks about what ur stats say, gives 0 fucks about your reputation, and instead bases his commentary on the actual observable reality that is the Present. A cool dip in the spring.

Nevermind that we have goons like Commodo calling him a "fucking nobody"; we'll forgive the fact that MetalHeadz was still waddling around in diapers during the era when Poseidon was considered by many to be the top WB in the game - coincidentally at exactly the juncture when the zone's population was at its peak and skill in WB was essentially considered as the only premier accomplishment. Not to mention his achievement of either winning or making finals as a midfielder in HZ all four seasons he's ever participated (and 1 of 2 draft seasons). This includes scoring game winning goals in the overtime of game 5 RSHL championships not once, but twice, with the S10 occurrence taking place during the most spectated game in the history of SubSapce; all providing a strong argument for him being among the clutchest players in the annals of the Continuum.

The above is worth special mention: HZ is a zone in which one can often spot Commodo in pub flailing all over the ice like an overweight adolescent whose mentholated schlep of a mother forced him into a casting call as a scheme to plunder $500 for her son's efforts in the part of "token-kid-with-Cerebral Palsy-who-holds-stick-upside-down-and-drools-all-over-bench-during-away-game" in Mighty Ducks IV: The Special Olympics. As a matter of fact if one were paying attention over the years they'd have noticed an untold horde of Trench Warriors engaged in a bid to grasp onto even the smallest modicums of success in the zone, only to fail in a haze of awkward misapprehension; we could count on a single hand the number of who have in any way succeeded. Speaking of hands: here, Commodo, I extend you mine - you may kiss my rings.

Now that we have that out of the way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fried Livers Attack (15:00) vs Stray (12:08)

Here we have Major Crisis replacing SpookedOne. I can't be damned to watch the video at the moment as I'm not in the mood, hopefully Rab will step in with the play-by-play. I'd imagine this score coulda been reversed had Spooked been in - that is if he wasn't preoccupied with expending his mental energy and dispensing of competitive focus by obsessing over his record the entire game. Who knows? Zizzoseems to be experimenting with different 6*s in suspiciously similarly named Shaw and Clay, with both helpingFried Liver Attack to go 2/2 after a rough Week 2, and with either feeling as a tremendous relief from the burden of seeing one "Hellrazor" on your team in the midst of a competitive match.

Also this game: the premier of underrated sharker Joeses for team Stray. I personally think Tiny is bonkers for trading him away, perhaps even more misguided in his decision making as was Morph who did the same. This week, however, Joeses was unable to carry Zapata to a victory against two strong sharks in Markmrw and Sprackle. Mark particularly gets my vote as "Most Improved Shark" over the past few months. My mans is. making. space. and has grown to become a real threat in FR while miraculously refraining from totally fucking over his spiders in the process, which elsewise appears to be in vogue in the world of sharking these days.

Ok I watched a bit of the video and two impressions hit me: I was evidently wrong about Public Assassin being understarred - the guy looks lost out there; Spectacular might be the truth. The trading of mvp has to a hurt a little; he's one of the top 7* spids in the game. As far as the 6*'s go, the better option perhaps lie in playing Beast over BigE. I would wager with the proper line, Stray comes out victorious in their next meeting against F.L.A., barring FA pickups.

Shout Outs: tj hazuki (102-72, 4 tek), Markmrw (21 kills, 3.0 rpd), cripple (126-57)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Power (15:00) vs Pure Luck (0:44)

What in tarnation? Did wbm play the whole game? I really can't tell. Banks in shark? Tiny is justifying the call out made by myself in another thread implying he doesn't know what the F he is doing. He makes a great trade in picking up Joeses and then turns around and lets her go for the combo of two 7* mvp/i.d, both solid 7* spids, but now Tiny has no second shark. Obviously though the team is now so top-heavy with spiders he couldn't afford running a 10/9* shark combo, and not only that, but he is excessively top-heavy in keeping both wbm and midoent as 9*s on the roster, one of whom he traded for. The situation appears to be thoroughly fukt.

My only advice to Tiny aside from reevaluating his entire approach to life & captaining is to trade midoent for a solid 6* so as to enable both skat and wbm to play and then try to pick up the_paul as sharker in draft; as I anticipated, the same geniuses Rab and Commodo who are in part responsible for Kassius being a 6* and Zidane having a full roster of understarred spids have struck again and given paul a 7*. Let's not dwell on the fact that Rab, who's been desperately struggling his entire career to unseat ro as King of Lobsters, has unsurprisingly rated shadowmere a 7*

Otherwise, nothing to say about this game - it was over before it started.

Shout Outs: sarger (79-22, 3 tek), Nipple Nibbler (ACE 15-0), zidane (3.2rpd, 10 kills, 1 tek)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Treyway (15:00) vs Spider (12:10)

Ole Commodo made what could be argued as a wise decision and replaced himself with JAMAL as the 10* sharker. As much as Spider was able to bring it back and make some noise this week there is still the glaring problem of there being an excess of 10*s on this team; maybe we'll see Commodo make some moves and bring in the proper lower stars to enable all the 9's/10's to play together; otherwise this team isn't going to last into the playoffs granted its able to qualify in the first place. A saving grace here potentially in blt_12's fantastic play, looking like a nowon in the making out there playing under.

I don't remember this game so well except noting bitsaver with some poor manueferink and rozay generally playing like an orangatang. I suppose it did the job. Mikkiz didn't have the strongest showing this week, though that's difficult to say in earnest when he ended up with 62 kills. Better luck next time, Commodo!

Shout Outs: renzi (127-68, 1 tek), blt_12 (80-46, 1 tek as under in a losing game), rozay (????)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giants (3:01) vs Terrorist (15:00)

It seems Mean Gene didn't care to take any of my advice freely offered in last week's edition and played a bizarre line that includes Turban shipchanging 7 times amongst 3 ships. To be fair, I don't think Pure_Luck showed... and was warportal late, or what's the excuse here? For those keeping score at home, 6* Kassius is near the top of the leaderboard in TEKs this season and matching records with the likes of Saiyan, Dreamwin, and nowon, and doing so as an under spid.

Gene also decides to play RUCCI over Ra. No comment. I'll leave the criticism and analysis for after the FA draft. It's worth mentioning here that bram has twice as many kills per death as compared to the 2nd leading terr Mikkiz and sporting a 143-10 record over 6 games. Quite impressive.

Shout Outs: nowon (90-34, 2 tek), bram (37-1, 3 tek), Steadman (2.5 rpd, 2 kills, 2 flag touches, and leading team 7-to-1 with 7 bombs committed)

Fried Livers Attack (15:00) vs Pure_Luck (13:09)

mcvicar ended up showing his ugly mug for the 2nd game after having missed (I at least would hope that's what happened) the first. Pure Luck here is exhibiting some signs of life after a tough 1st game and week prior. One has to wonder what the score would look like had skatarius been in the game in lieu of perhaps Banks or with an additional 6*. Again I envision the_paul in sharker with mvp/i.d./wbm/skat/6* and again I picture a team able to establish itself as a threat against any opponent. With Heaven and Zizzo both appearing to have decent games, it would seem that Pure Luck was outspided. You have strong 7* spids and could perhaps hold a pretty nasty cram by DT standards if you get the right line in - make it happen, Tiny.

Shout Outs: Zizzo (54-6, 4 teks), Henry/Trasher (near twinks 126-48, 126-47, respectively), wbm (just cause)

Stray (15:00) vs Treyway (14:33)

Here we have Treyway giving up a 10-1 advantage in what ended up becoming the Slobberknocker of the Week. This seems to be their speciality, except this time they weren't able to salvage the win; thereby leaving Terrorist as the only remaining undefeated team. A rough game for the terrs, with Mikkiz playin' goofy and SpookedOne doing his thing. All the sharks looked solid enough, as far as one could expect, with special mention to Zapata for noticeably amping up his game as of late and looking a lot less like a turd floating in space out there.

Having played the game and watched the film... aside from some unfortunate deaths and a few crucial missed reps, Treyways biggest problem appears to be Rozay going ape shit and, between hits of meth and random pitched insults at my boy Renzi, managing to totally forget he was assigned under. Instead, gripped by textbook amphetamine-fueled derangement, he fell victim to the notion that he was impervious to the onslaught of bullets, thus taking it upon himself to suicide repeatedly over top bar and leave a bewildered Yojimbo^ with apparently no other conceivable option than to hurl himself straight into the crucible of Rough's giant flaming possibly delusional spider cock. It's a shame in that I feel Rozay could have a very bright future as an understarred under who is solid in cram and pays good attention to holding corners without sitting frozen there like a buffoon... but seemingly he has other plans.

Shout Outs: renzi (135-75, 4 teks, keeping pace with cripple), Rough (125-58 as under), Spectacular (94-53, showing up Public Assassin from the game prior)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Power (7:51) vs Terrorist (15:00)

What was surely the Game of the Week going into it appears to have puttered out quicker than most would have imagined. As for my part, I felt pretty confident that Terrorist would win, mentioning before the game that I didn't have faith in Sulla and Nipple Nibbler's sharking. I was expecting it to be a bit closer than this, however. On the flip, Willby seems to be holding it down nicely and I am not shy in my admiration for Paradise as an 8*. I would liked to have seen this game. The kills per team were nearly dead even, with Power's spids being +15 or so on top. But, again, kills matter not without considering the context. Im guessing it was Kira_Yomoto~ and okyo undering - apparently they were unable to handle 6* Kassius with a feral destruct in tow. Surprise, surprise. So what happened, was Ogron to blame here?

I'm sure it only got worse as each death ticked upon Ogron's mind, but given my own experience with Nipple as shark I'd imagine many of Ogron's frustrations were valid, and Sulla has certainly proven himself as not entirely reliable. That being said, I've stated before that I think Nipple could make it happen as an 8* terr - it suits him best of the three ships. I hope zidane explores this option more going ahead in the future and gets himself in the game as a shark; of course, this would mean benching Ogron and her undoubtedly having an absolute shit fit, so we'll see.

Shout Outs: bram (39-2, 1 tek), all the Terrorist spids (minus destruct) again maintaining very balanced statlines, Willby (2.8 rpd, 16 kills, 2 tek)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spider (15:00) vs Giants (6:32)

Gene just doesn't seem to want to put turban in spider. I don't get it. The most effective way he can live up to his star value is as a spid, and he's a very good spider, one of the best in my eyes, and probably underrated by most. Was warportal missing all of the sudden? Not likely, he played the first game. This would mean Gene voluntarily benched him in favor of Rasaq/hoppin. I haven't seen hoppin terr, so I can't comment, but god damn, Gene, what kind of fruit loops have you been eating lately bruh? You need to toss em and get your shit together. Giants remains the only winless team in the league, but they have potential to cause some ruckus, it simply isn't being tapped into. Lets see what happens during FA draft!

In other news, Dak has been getting some BD prac in lately and seems to be improving nicely, putting up decent numbers and scoring 2 teks (as under?). It helps to have an ace like blt_12 holding it down with you, tho given there were only 10 flag touches total this game, it would appear Giants got crammed upon. bitsaver finally had a decent game, managing to only die 3 times.Meanwhile Steadman arranged to bring his 2.5rpd performance all the way up to a 2.7, though unfortunately still stuck at only 2 kills per game.

Shout Outs: ro (111-45, 4 tek), Commodo (3.1rpd, 17 kills, 2 tek), bitsaver (18-3, 3 teks)

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

lol, quality read again.

Comment

Love it Poseidon.

However it's a curious feeling to be the subject of one man's crusade to multiply my star rating in a game mode that I've only played since January! I'll take it as a compliment

Comment

I had nothing to do with rating Kassius btw.

Comment

We are playing the long con. Somehow make it to the playoffs with zero wins and then turn it up a notch and win everything.

.. a man got to dream, you know?

(regarding what happened, we substituted warportal after he made some questionable plays to try something out in the last minutes. It did not work out, and he did not show up for Round 2 which ended up with us going with an even more experimental lineup. I have no clue what the fuck we are doing right now, but it sure is fun to get blasted every Sunday evening.)

Comment

Lol, crass insults about cerebral palsy a brave choice when you have the facial features and social iq of someone with mild downsyndrome. You're not jesus, you're not talented, you don't have good insights. You're an 8* in your best ship. You're a rodent whom I stomp at will. An Elizabeth-Warren-voting fart sniffer. A fool. A midget. Now fuckedy fuck the fuck off my nutsack
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I see Steadman proved he's actually not a shark.

Comment

haha rab going full pontious pilate itt

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                You're an 8* in your best ship
                thank you for helping to make it happen, commodo.

The Mind of the Father
                Riding on the subtle guiders
                Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                Of relentless Fire

Comment

Huge shout out to Zapata and Stray for appearing to get it together after a rough overall start this season in bd. That comeback vs us (Treyway) was massive (won’t happen again though )
                  J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                  8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Great content and I enjoyed the read very much.(last week too) Keep it up! Curious to see how broken the ratings will be in the FA draft but I am confident that we would go undefeated with the current setup.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Good read Poseidon, don't hold back in a hot or not!

Comment

I like your writing style. Polarized for sure and maybe offensive to some but overall was well written and think it's awesome you are doing these for base. Keep up the good work man.

Comment

good read, hilariously informative on the subculture of other zones
                          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

lol poseidon, you're a bozo 0 title nobody.

sulla 0 and 1 reps constantly and goes 2.3 RPD in games with 3-4 second gaps, this 66* dogshit limit is ruining the game, it's just low star pubbers and turning into a shit league for mediocre 8-stars to develop egos, games have just gotten worse and worse and worse year after year as these rules squeeze actual good players out

you're a complete nobody who has never played a relevant playoff game in base in his life, and TWDT is complete trash, call me when TWL starts up so you can go back to complete irrelevance while i add my 4th TWLB title.

if the cap was still 67* we could play two 8-stars in shark and we'd be 8-0, instead got an unplayable 7-star bozo throwing every single game non-stop, good stuff.

great watching all the awesome 9 and 10 star players across all three leagues benching while chumps like you and ardour putt around thinking they're good playing as low star trash.

TWDT has become a complete joke.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              lol poseidon, you're a bozo 0 title nobody.

sulla 0 and 1 reps constantly and goes 2.3 RPD in games with 3-4 second gaps, this 66* dogshit limit is ruining the game, it's just low star pubbers and turning into a shit league for mediocre 8-stars to develop egos, games have just gotten worse and worse and worse year after year as these rules squeeze actual good players out

you're a complete nobody who has never played a relevant playoff game in base in his life, and TWDT is complete trash, call me when TWL starts up so you can go back to complete irrelevance while i add my 4th TWLB title.

if the cap was still 67* we could play two 8-stars in shark and we'd be 8-0, instead got an unplayable 7-star bozo throwing every single game non-stop, good stuff.

great watching all the awesome 9 and 10 star players across all three leagues benching while chumps like you and ardour putt around thinking they're good playing as low star trash.

TWDT has become a complete joke.
                              100% agree.
                              I've been saying it. Should be 67* limit. We have more than enough players now to have a 67* limit. Alot of veterans are benching because of this.
                              Change it ASAP please.
                              FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                              #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Working...
                              X