Missing Score Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Score Boxes

We are in need of some scoring help due to the bot failure. Please let us know if you can find any of these score boxes.

TWDTJ
    Terrorist vs Treyway

TWDTB
    Giants vs Pure Luck - 15:00 - 12ish - Need Confirmation (We have a roundabout time, can anyone confirm this?)
    Terrorist vs Treway - No recordings or posting
    Giants vs FLA
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

TWDTJ Terrorist vs Treyway
    [TWDTJ4] Terrorist vs. Treyway 50 - 28 08 Mar 2020 20:39:46
    ,-D*-------------------,-------K----D---R1-R2-R3-R4---TK---Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
    | 38 Terrorist / 49 | 28 | 20 20 8 1 | 6 | 604 | 0 | Win (+22) 11:55 |
    |--------------------' | | | | | | |
    | 7 bram 12 | 7 | 2 8 2 0 | 1 | 144 | 0 | |
    | 7 destruct 4 | 5 | 1 1 1 1 | 1 | 93 | 0 | |
    | 7 diakka 7 | 5 | 4 2 1 0 | 1 | 104 | 0 | |
    | 9 dreamwin <MVP> 16 | 8 | 8 6 2 0 | 1 | 142 | 0 | |
    | 8 maketso 10 | 3 | 5 3 2 0 | 2 | 121 | 0 | |
    +----------------------,---------+----+-------------+----+-----+---+-----------------------------+
    | 38 Treyway / 22 | 50 | 8 10 3 1 | 0 | 203 | 0 | Lose (-22) 11:55 |
    |--------------------' | | | | | | |
    | 6 Anonym 5 | 5 | 3 1 1 0 | 0 | | 0 | KO > bram 7:59 |
    | 7 Lockdown 1 | 6 | 0 1 0 0 | 0 | | 0 | O6 > Mikkiz 6:53 |
    | 8 Mikkiz 2 | 4 | 0 2 0 0 | 0 | | 0 | KO > dreamwin 9:46 |
    | 10 RaCka 8 | 10 | 4 2 1 1 | 0 | 83 | 0 | Elim by out of base 11:55 |
    | 7 renzi 3 | 10 | 1 2 0 0 | 0 | 59 | 0 | KO > bram 9:40 |
    | 7 Tripin 3 | 10 | 0 2 1 0 | 0 | 61 | 0 | KO > bram 10:35 |
    | 6 Unlimited 0 | 5 | 0 0 0 0 | 0 | | 0 | O5 > Anonym 4:56 |
    `----------------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---#=DEATHS---'

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      We are in need of some scoring help due to the bot failure. Please let us know if you can find any of these score boxes.

TWDTJ
      Terrorist vs Treyway

TWDTB
      Giants vs Pure Luck - 15:00 - 12ish - Need Confirmation (We have a roundabout time, can anyone confirm this?)
      Terrorist vs Treway - No recordings or posting
      Giants vs FLA
      We still need Giants vs FLA TWDTB. If someone doesnt step up from the winning team, you will probably have to replay it.

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

We still need Giants vs FLA TWDTB. If someone doesnt step up from the winning team, you will probably have to replay it.
        I have a score of 15:00 to 7:55 Giants won. Can someone from FLA confirm please?

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

bump. need a response

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Hopefully someone has a screenshot or something, Giants went 2-0 in base games but I have nothing more than that.

Comment

I have a score of 15:00 to 7:55 Giants won. Can someone from FLA confirm please?
              We definitely lost that game, it felt like a battering. actual minutes we had I can't be sure of but 8 minutes is probably about right.
              Maybe someone on Giants recorded.

I will have a look at recording this week too so we can have more evidence if it all goes "Pete Tong" again
              MRW

Comment

Originally posted by Markmrw View Post

I will have a look at recording this week too so we can have more evidence if it all goes "Pete Tong" again
                Stop being so British, you're making me blush. I used to live by his Essentials Mixes on BBC Radio 1, and the one he did for himself in like ... 2006 or so is still fire today.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Think the lesson we need to take away from this is if bots are having issue, captains need to log/screenshot boxes. It's surprising we haven't come to such a conclusion sooner as this is definitely not the first time this has happened and won't be the last. Maybe we should just make it mandatory whether or not boxes are being logged? Thoughts?

Comment

I'd like to know why it broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      I'd like to know why it broke.
                      Slack pusher had an update that was causing a malfunction in the bot. it has been disabled until further testing can be done.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Slack pusher had an update that was causing a malfunction in the bot. it has been disabled until further testing can be done.
                        It's fixed now. Everything should be OK for this weekend.

Rab Slack deprecated support for TLS 1.1 and below (and did so pretty quietly ... it just flat out rejects connections, won't give any kind of error). Our version Java by default runs 1.0, pretty sure. Just needed to run Slack pushes over HTTPS and enable TLS 1.2 support. But it was a total mystery before that, during the week. Bots would simply hang and then die and require manual removal, no error. Some method or other in my Slack code gets stuck rather than throwing an exception.
                        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Why are the bots using slack?
                          did this error mean results were not saved in the tw database?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                            Why are the bots using slack?
                            did this error mean results were not saved in the tw database?
                            We use extensive Slack integration to keep everything tied together in-game and out, and to provide a layer of transparency at least within staff.

For example, whenever someone leaves a !comment or !bug, this is sent to Slack so it can easily be made into a ticket. (One reason I highly recommend using !bug rather than posting a thread on forums where it can sometimes get lost.) I have a special alert set up to send a notification to my phone for those, as well as for any exceptions the bots throw so that I can quickly tackle any issues that come up. In this case there weren't any exceptions to track, though.

Other things we use Slack to track are commits to the bots and newer websites, to review !reports on players and provide retroactive punishment for racism/death threats/etc that get missed when calls can't be answered (a very good reason to use !report), and a host of other very useful functions that have allowed us to modernize the approach to keeping the zone going. In the past we just relied on massive numbers acting in a very loosely organized group, kind of like a tribe. These days we're running on a small fraction of the numbers so we have to work smarter.

Yes, this error meant the stats were not saved to the database. Basically, right before saving to the DB, the bots push scoreboxes to Slack. For a time we were using scoreboxes printed to a special Slack channel to load data into the TWDT website. (Yeah, I know, I know... This is what happens when dev time is carved from the margins of life, though.) Wirah made a cool little hack to parse out all stats from a pasted scorebox. Then bitsaver came in and revamped our TWDT handling to have games stored to the DB as well as enforce star regulations. (Huge. If you guys haven't had a chance to thank them for their high-quality and 100% free dev work, please do so when you get a chance.) That meant that the scoreboxes printed to Slack were no longer necessary, but they do serve as a good backup record and a reference for league ops.
                            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

OK thanks for that.

My 2c is:
                              1. Do things in the order of "most reliable first (aka most local first)". So the data should be written to the tw database before it's sent to slack.
                              2. Improve exception handling. An exception from slack communication shouldn't have caused the data to not save to the tw database.

Code:
                              try
                              {
                                  writeToDatabase(scorebox);
                              }
                              catch (Exception e)
                              {
                                  Log(e);
                              }

try
                              {
                                  writeToSlack(scorebox);