TWDT Cash Payout: Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Cash Payout: Discussion

Wirah has generously given $1,000 in cash prizes toward TWDT. How the winnings are distributed is going to be a hot topic until it's completely decided. I've come up with a brief way to distribute the money based that can incentivize players to try hard to win for their team both in the regular and postseason. This way no one "gives up" mid-season. My payout proposal incentivizes both individual performance and winning, in all leagues. The money is slightly skewed in its allocation toward basing given that 60% more players are required for a base game versus a dueling game, but I made sure to avoid unjustly biasing the prizes toward basing.

Here is my soft proposal, which is of course subject to revision:

https://imgur.com/7eHTdyC

Please post your thoughts so we can come up with the most fair and widely accepted way to distribute the generous donation Wirah has provided to this season of TWDT.

For terr/sharks, some variation of a gamescore combining TeK/kills/RPD (sharks) and KD ratio//TeK (terr) could be used in place of "best RPD" and "fewest average deaths", respectively. This is just a soft proposal.

Comment

I like the player of the season award that gets voted on by everyone.

All of these incentivize performance and winning, I'd like to see some incentive for just participating.
      Only a handful of people will have a opportunity to win these.
      Anyone got a creative way to give everyone a chance at winning something?

Comment

I expect most winners to donate to the server fund anyway.

Comment

Most consistent player all season (all in their perspective leagues)
          Most improved player all season (per league)
          Best player all season (per league)

5th man of the year award (in DD/JD)

most teks, most KOs, most consistent RPD (average all the RPDS through the season)

Many ways to find how to split it other than giving it to the winning team.
          FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
          #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Most improved player is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
              I like the player of the season award that gets voted on by everyone.

All of these incentivize performance and winning, I'd like to see some incentive for just participating.
              Only a handful of people will have a opportunity to win these.
              Anyone got a creative way to give everyone a chance at winning something?
              Maybe we can ask Wirah what his motives were with the donation - to stimulate competition? or to reward everyone for participating? In my opinion, if the goal is to create the most competitive TWDT possible, we shouldn't be diluting the prize money that potential winners/top players would receive.

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              I expect most winners to donate to the server fund anyway.
              I expect most to do what they want with their prize money, though server fund donations would be a nice way to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                Most improved player is a good one
                If * caps are removed (which they should be, for a competitive money league), this may be a tough one to incorporate into the winnings.

Comment

can I get money for being the best 6star, and 7star player in the game?
                  2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

made finals, and semi finals multiple times in wb and javelin.
                    2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Allowing any money prize controlled by some biased person who is cap is going to make this unfair... this is why I was for TSL where it is automated. You need to have an incentive where many slots are available to be paid out. Make prizes smaller but wider scaled for all involved and this will create interest. We also need MANDATORY participation for all who sign up for this to have a chance. What is the point if players who sign up may not even have a chance to play and compete?
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                        Allowing any money prize controlled by some biased person who is cap is going to make this unfair... this is why I was for TSL where it is automated. You need to have an incentive where many slots are available to be paid out. Make prizes smaller but wider scaled for all involved and this will create interest. We also need MANDATORY participation for all who sign up for this to have a chance. What is the point if players who sign up may not even have a chance to play and compete?
                        This game isn’t ran by CHAZ.

This is what’s wrong with our society. This right here.
                        Take your participation medal pity party and shove it up whatever hole you consider your primary genital and let Wirah donate his money to WHATEVER LEAGUE HE WANTS UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO PUT IN MONEY.
                        Stop trying to derail every thread with your pity party. Don’t signup then.

Yeah, real good advice. We should definitely listen to your recommendations on how to create interest and how to run a league. Look at his illustrious run with Paladen as a cap.

Idiot.
                        Last edited by Efhat; 07-03-2020, 04:15 PM.
                        FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                        #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          Please provide more specific examples of what you are requesting. It's possible that you may have some great ideas and if you provide a more detailed breakdown, some portion may be taken under consideration. Currently your idea of spreading out the money, while reasonable, is too vague and generalized to be considered constructive.
                          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Efhat is prime example of making my point about bias lol ..what an asshole.. guy never helped paladen ever so has NO SAY in ANY part of the history of what Paladen was and has been to this zone. I took paladen to playoffs like 4 times in TWL and into TWL like 8 times. The season b4 last one we won our first playoff game vs sweet and finished FORTH PLACE. Paladen wasn't ever about stacking teams.. we are a PARTICIPATION squad who allow everyone to play some. Fun and having a place to chill and play and compete was our main priority even above winning tho of course we still tried.
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

i didnt read ur thing but i have little doubt that if ur system were used for last TWL, ur Finals-MVP-negging-spid Turban would prob be at the bottom of the payout. makes no diff 2 me, just worth pointing out. stats for jav n wb might fly, for basing its whack.

if i was giving away the $$$ i would give $333 to the winner of each division split between every player who played at least 1 game during playoffs for that division. one could make an argument for giving more to basing division as it will be heavier split. no, its not a lot of money, but everyone could at least eat a nice victory meal with it

if i wanted subjective awards with the $$$ i was giving away, id like.... hire nowon to do it for spiders, zid for shark etc. assuming theyd wanna pay attention during the season. otherwise ud end up w p shitty results id imagine.

The Mind of the Father
                              Riding on the subtle guiders
                              Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X