TWDT 21 League Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 21 League Updates

I have a few changes in mind that I believe will improve the league and would like to get feedback on. Also if anybody has anything else they feel would add to the league or any current structural changes that could be changed to make it more enjoyable, this is the place for it.

1. It's looking like we will have the signups for 10 teams. 150 signups with 15 per team seems totally reasonable to me, and we'll probably pass that. We will have a 9 week season with 2 matches per league each week and every team will play every other team twice.

2. We will be sticking with a 40* and 66* cap. I believe last season these numbers were both too low especially base, but adding 2 entire teams should help to balance that without adding on to the caps. It's extremely important that we keep rosters balanced and give everybody the possibility of fielding max stars in each league.

3. Playoffs will be changed. We'll still have top 6 teams with the best combined overall record make playoffs, but instead of having the top 2 overall get byes in all 3 leagues we will immediately reseed and the top 2 teams from each division will receive a bye to semis. From there, the #3 seeded team will choose their opponent out of the #4, #5, and #6 team to face in the quarter finals. This will continue for the semi finals with the #1 seeded team choosing their opponent out of the remaining 3 teams. This will guarantee that the highest seed will always have an advantage without giving an entire game handicap.

4. I've been following Cape's thread and while I appreciate his innovation, I'd have needed a change to be hugely favored in the voting to consider it. We will be using the same TWDTJ and TWDTB maps. We will return to the square for TWDTD as I believe the circle spawn zone was too big of a problem. We will be testing a version of the square map with all of the large rocks converted to small rocks in the TWDD arena once Wirah finishes making it in the next couple days to see how people like it.

5. Ratings and prize money payout are still being worked on so continue discussing them in Pressure's threads. I have my ideas but nothing is finalized and I'm definitely open to change my current plans.

6. I'm considering having the games begin at 2 pm instead of 2:30 or 3 to be a little more friendly to Euros and having the time slots reverse to be 2 pm and 2:30 base, 3pm 3:30 jav, 4 pm 4:30 wb as I feel that if matches run too late, losing a guy isnt as big a deal in wb/jav unless its a superstar. I'm not sure if this was a problem before and if people hate the time/rotation change we can just go back to 2:30 and wb, jav, base.

7. TWLD resolution cap of 1920x1200 will be added to all twdtd arenas

8. For transparency with ratings, I plan on getting 5 or so players together in a discord Sunday night and streaming on twitch while we discuss ratings for the season. I strongly dislike just getting people's individual ratings and averaging them because I don't feel that Tiny's vote in warbird should carry as much weight as RaCka's. We will go over each player in each league and briefly go over each of their ratings so hopefully people can see why each person ends up rated what they are. It should be entertaining to see and if people want to tune in live and chat on the channel, we'll do our best to respond. I'm still looking for 1-2 more top level javs/basers for this. The ratings stream will be held on twitch on Sunday July 12th at 5 pm EST.

July 14th:

9. All captains are Confirmed. The 10 captains and their team names can be found on ogron's logo. We will stream the randomization for captain order July 14th at 9 pm EST.

10. I am adding a week of preseason on July 26th to make sure there are no issues with the implementation of the .5 star system, increased caps, and bots in general. Regular season will begin the following week on August 2nd.

11. Draft will be held Sunday July 19th at 3 pm EST in ?go twdt. It will be a snake 1-10 10-1 etc and FA draft will have the same catch up mechanic where we will go in order of last place to first and snake from there.

12. Cash prize structure will be announced immediately after the conclusion of the draft as I don't want the money to potentially impact people's decisions on who they select.

13. If anybody is aliasing and I don't know who they are and their rating isn't set based on their known alias, they will be immediately removed from the league and their team will forfeit any matches they participated in as I find it extremely hard to believe a captain would be adding them without knowing who they are.

14. Star caps will be 41/41/68 for wb/jav/base

15. Based on overall feedback I've received, we will be moving forward with the switch to the maps in twdd for twdtd.
    Last edited by beam; 07-14-2020, 05:10 PM.
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

We also need to discuss about res cap, should implement TWL standards.
    TWLD 2016 Champion
    TWDTD champion x 3
    Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

+1 to earlier start times for euros. 11am being probably the earliest time zone for the west coast NA players is still reasonable.

Res cap should probably be consistent with other arenas: 1920x1200.

Strongly suggest holding off on making the star cap decision final until the final Friday for late signups, to see how many we end up actually having. This still gives time for captains to adjust their picking strategies. Last DT 66* for base was fine until a ton of players signed up last minute.

Please do a test run to make sure bots and website, etc are all working properly. Best time to do this would probably be after draft on draft day, there should be tons on.

Has a decision been made on .5 ratings yet or not? If so I am willing to assist with helping base ratings if needed.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

yeah I agree Iron I'll add the twl res cap to twdtd forgot it didn't have one
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

IMO smart choice to keep 40 and 66 stars with 10 teams, I even predict it to be too high! I mean I think some teams won't be able to field it. Also 10 teams but the average level of captains (if I refer to Ogron's new post) is higher than it's ever been, crazy. Let's remember TWDT was a 6 teams league not long time ago, while the famous virus helped for sure, people constantly working for the game are the main reason, what a feat for a "dead game"! This looks like the season gonna be huge.

Comment

Start 2 hours earlier plz and thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the update beam. Great job so far.

Comment

Are invisible javs allowed or not? Please clear this up before season starts.
                Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Start even earlier 1pm est best.

Comment

Old base map is stale as fuck and sharks have been overpowered since shrapnel changes. Larger cram nerfs that.
                    Whatever though you guys wanna lose on the same maps I'll oblige.

SALT LEVEL 100

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                      Old base map is stale as fuck and sharks have been overpowered since shrapnel changes. Larger cram nerfs that.

SALT LEVEL 100
                      looool...new maps of would been cool.

---

It will be possible to have 12 teams. Just wait a tad longer.

The appeal / voting crew should be Wirah / Qan / Beam (in the scenario it doesn't involve your team), maybe 2 extra third party. No one related to the teams, as we wanna avoid dubious situations.
                      Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                      Your friend,
                      ​​Papi
                      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post

SALT LEVEL 100
                        Actually sharks had the lowest amount of Teks in TWL. I feel like sharks are only overpowered if other team has crap sharks or spiders that don't shoot sharks.
                        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                        (10 seconds later)
                        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

meant to say larger FR nerfs sharks

The map is up at ?go twdtbcape. Check it out, terr/spid will be more fun.

Comment

Appreciate the effort, but we should experiment with these bases in other league formats before using them in premier leagues like TWL and TWDT, in my opinion.

Comment

Ya Poseidon had a good idea to do a 4-map basing-cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X