Res limit in TWDTD vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
    Steroids are banned from most sports, why would you be allowed to have them for your monitor?
    Bullshit. In sports people who obey the rules are still allowed to compete. What you're doing is like "hey mr sprinter I think you might have been on roids so I'm gonna take ur shoes".

Comment

I will give you 3 more examples:

In the NHL you're not allowed to have 10 foot stick, giving you a huge reach advantage.

In baseball you're not allowed to show up with a bat that has excessive girth or length.

99% of women won't allow a guy with a 3 foot dong attempt to enter them.

At some point too long actually is too long, same for resolutions.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

You totally missed the point. In those situations a fair playing field is the result. In this thread we're talking about making people who you think have an advantage have a disadvantage instead.

Comment

The disadvantage is their choice though. Which is fair game.

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

The disadvantage is their choice though. Which is fair game.
            How is it their choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              You totally missed the point. In those situations a fair playing field is the result. In this thread we're talking about making people who you think have an advantage have a disadvantage instead.
              How play the same way 99,8% of tw population is disadvantage?
              TWLD 2016 Champion
              TWDTD champion x 3
              Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Because it's not the same way, as per Singer's screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
                  If instead I just go straight to full screen on a lower res my screen doesn't seem to adjust and it doesn't display the bottom and right part of the game, I lose out on the text and radar that aren't even showing and probably more.
                  Try this:

1. Right click the continuum app
                  2. go to properties
                  3. click the compatibility tab
                  4. click change high DPI settings
                  5. check the box that says "the override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and set it to application
                  6. click ok
                  7. click apply
                  8 try running continuum on a lower res in full screen mode.

Comment

Even though I play on the 1920 res since twl; I'm still against res limits. Upgrade your Gateway 2000/AOL 2.0 system ya peasants!

Comment

How is it their choice?
                      If you CHOOSE to play a 25 year old game on a fancy ass monitor and you CHOOSE you play on a retardedly high resolution, this is YOUR choice. It's unfair to raise the resolutions for the other 95% of the player base so you can sit 10,000 miles away and stray. The game is not meant to be played on a crazy high resolutions. Period.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

I bought an Omen laptop three years ago just so I can store all my photography stuff, so 1080p is sufficient for those needs. Not buying an expensive PC just to play TW. I'm pretty content on playing my PS4 games on a 65" Curved TV over having an expensive setup for TW. Even though I can play on an insanely bigger resolution, I choose not to. Doesn't mean people are cheap, people have different priorities. Plus, I'm a console gamer, not a PC gamer, I enjoy the community and the few people I still communicate with in-game. Res limit or not, IDC, I'm here to play.

Comment

If you CHOOSE to play a 25 year old game on a fancy ass monitor and you CHOOSE you play on a retardedly high resolution, this is YOUR choice. It's unfair to raise the resolutions for the other 95% of the player base so you can sit 10,000 miles away and stray. The game is not meant to be played on a crazy high resolutions. Period.
                          It's not 'fancy ass' it's 2020 standard-issue. People buying a monitor aren't doing it just for ss. It you buy a monitor it's for your general web stuff, other games, maybe work etc too. Nobody's gonna be doing their work on a 1080p monitor when they can get 1440p. So what you're really asking people to do is buy an extra, shitter monitor just for ss. And ss only runs full screen on monitor 1 so they'd have to physically swap the monitors every time they play.

Comment

It's not 'fancy ass' it's 2020 standard-issue. People buying a monitor aren't doing it just for ss. It you buy a monitor it's for your general web stuff, other games, maybe work etc too. Nobody's gonna be doing their work on a 1080p monitor when they can get 1440p. So what you're really asking people to do is buy an extra, shitter monitor just for ss. And ss only runs full screen on monitor 1 so they'd have to physically swap the monitors every time they play.
                            And you're basically asking people to buy a better 1000€ monitor just for SS

Comment

1. Good monitors cost about 500€ not 1000€
                              2. No I'm not asking anyone to buy anything, the opposition is

Comment

I use a 2K monitor that's like or 8 years old... Just because people choose to use a laptop shouldn't restrict others. Especially when their excuse is trying to bring up the original settings. Laptops weren't a thing at the time! Stop making excuses cause all you can do is suicide rush. A 1.0 or less K average should be rated as a 6* wb. It's easy to exchange a kill and a death an entire match.

I still don't understand how res limits are more important to people than lag limits. That boggles my mind. Players were lagging out in twl matches and not being charged a +1 death. Why don't Matchbots allow !lag <player> in regular twd matches, yet Elim does?

I mean, there are players using multiple accounts; all registered with twd bot! They use up their lagouts and relog on another account... Yet res limits are the issue people are worried about.... I can get just as many R3/R4 on 1920 as i could on 2550. It literally doesn't help you with getting kills. All it helps with, is dodging those "strays" you guys are talking about. The R3/R4 shots. If you can't avoid "strays" you obviously don't know how to use radar that well... Or don't understand it's easier to dodge shots, while having some sort of momentum....

ANYWAY, like I said though, I've used 1920 since I joined Plade. Bout to teach you guys how wb is really played.

Comment

Working...
                                X