2nd ship rating for BASING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd ship rating for BASING

WHAT: Allow people a secondary ship with its own specific rating for Basing League

WHY: Adds depth to the draft - Could aid captains who find themselves not doing well in DB - Promotes ship diversity within future leagues (eg. dont rate Azuline's shark as his spid!) - Takes advantage of increased lineup flexibility offered by ".5" rating system - Its what the players want

HOW: Considering difficulties with bot coding, anyone wishing to be rated in a second ship reapplies to TWDT signup with a name designating ship of choice. eg. Poseidon <8>, would be the name I use for my shark rating, and Poseidon with its rating for all other ships. Using this system makes it easier to program with bots, as im not sure how hard it would be to limit ship selection to only one ship - with this you can simply if Poseidon <8> is in the ship they should be in, shark, or not; also, standardizing the format for the name will make it look nicer... everyone should use <8> or (8) or *8* or something such as their format

When ratings are being decided, the second ship and name will be on the list and ready for consideration, people just need to sign up and the second name with the correct star be added to rosters.

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

umm i dunn ohow to do a poll or if i can edit one in but i wish i would have done a poll i think solid majority would be for this

The Mind of the Father
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

strongly against the idea of encouraging people to play anything besides their best ship in a league that is viewed by the vast majority of players as competitive
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

you are missing the point... ideally everybody always plays their best ship; however, this is a league with star caps. thus captains often have to piece together their best line to stay within the cap, and it can be awkward and means some teams are playing 3* under the cap or whatev.

for example, theres times where because of the options avaiable you might see a 9* spider benching. imagine if that spid was an 8* in shark, enabling the captain to creatively rearrange an even better line with this person now in shark, and instead of 63* they miight can pull 65 or 66

i could make this more clear with better examples but im hopnig you understand the significance and benefit of allowing this? there is no drawback - this allows the league to be more competitive because it gives captains more options with the line.

The Mind of the Father
        Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
          you are missing the point... ideally everybody always plays their best ship; however, this is a league with star caps. thus captains often have to piece together their best line to stay within the cap, and it can be awkward and means some teams are playing 3* under the cap or whatev.

for example, theres times where because of the options avaiable you might see a 9* spider benching. imagine if that spid was an 8* in shark, enabling the captain to creatively rearrange an even better line with this person now in shark, and instead of 63* they miight can pull 65 or 66

i could make this more clear with better examples but im hopnig you understand the significance and benefit of allowing this? there is no drawback - this allows the league to be more competitive because it gives captains more options with the line.
          There IS a huge drawback - we have no idea what peoples real ratings are in their "weaker" ships. Most players would get pretty good (probably just as good as in their best ship) in their weaker ships if they just cared to practice it for a while

Giving multiple ratings for basing would just fuck up TWDT-B ratings for a season or two and there would still be some underrated players after that

It's too big of a risk and not worth it

Comment

it would be great for more poeple to get good at shark or terr.

luckily with the transparent rating it would be easy to rate people. some people are seemingly very familiar with how capable each player is in any ship, probaly something to do with them playing this game for at least the last 10 yr and paying attention. there'd be enough people with enough info for it not to be an issue. the fact that each person can only submit ONE ship for consideration also makes the process considerably easier and less likely to be people who slip by underrated

The Mind of the Father
            Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
              HOW: Considering difficulties with bot coding, anyone wishing to be rated in a second ship reapplies to TWDT signup with a name designating ship of choice. eg. Poseidon <8>,
              I am with you on a way to try to make this work, but I don't think this is the way to get it done.

For whatever reason your captain decides to ship switch you two, if we need a reason let's say mouse is in spider yelling at your bad sharking.

captain can't switch because your name is locked in a ship
              he has to sub your 7* shark out for alextron or something.
              then switch alextron with the shitty spider, let's call him violence.
              you log out and log back in other name
              finally he tries to sub out alextron for you in spider
              now he realises he can't sub you back in because you are 8* spider not 7*

captain now panics.

your terr now yells at your captain for being a no title bozo and not knowing what he (or she) is doing. While your terr is angry typing he runs up the mid tube and dies 3x more really fast.

your team continues yelling at each other 2 salty people leave now you are 6v8.

This story is obviously extreme but I think you get the point. It sounds like a complicated process to get this workaround to work with the bot and the captains.

P.S. sorry for any names dropped or hinted, was just a lame attempt at some comedy.
              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
              (10 seconds later)
              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
              X