TWDT Ratings Live Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Ratings Live Stream

We will be live streaming our ratings process this Sunday July 12th at 5 pm EST. I have 5 or 6 elite active players who will be joining me to talk through each players' rating. Most likely will not be doing a .5 system as I've tried pming WingZero and asking about whether it will work with his bots or not about 30 times and he refuses to respond even while flying around in a twbd pregame in terrier for 10 minutes. Tune in and ask questions, offer your own opinion if you disagree with us, or just hang out and enjoy the show!
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

yes he probably has u ignored broh

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

I should be a 5/6/7 player not a 6/7/8. I didn't play a single dt-j game last season specifically because I was a 7 (Commodo can attest) and I am overvalued at the moment as an 8 in basing, proven again by last season where I was often benched for a 7 star shark (totally fine, just saying).

I would like to play and be competitive this season, but if I end up with an 8 again in basing I might as well not show up, and probably won't.

Thank you and thank you for putting this league together and for trying to do things as transparently as possible.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

im not a fkn programmer but adding ".5" ratings seems like itd take about 15 minutes. would be a shame if this was actually an easy fix but we couldnt make it happen b/c the bot programmer has our league op on ignore

and if u cant do .5 ... do 2-10, as its the exact same fkn thing.
        Last edited by Poseidon; 07-10-2020, 04:23 PM.

The Mind of the Father
        Of relentless Fire

Comment

also a second ship rating for base would be welcomed by players, captains, and make the league more competitive, as well as adding depth to the draft and trading

The Mind of the Father
          Of relentless Fire

Comment

Second base rating is good for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
              im not a fkn programmer but adding ".5" ratings seems like itd take about 15 minutes.
              I am a programmer and it completely depends on how it's currently implemented.

Comment

From what I recall, 0.5 is not possible. What is possible would be to move to a 400* lineup in wb/jav then peoples ratings would be 60, 65, 70, 75 etc. Same thing with base. That is doable apparently, but I don't know how complex or time consuming it would be to do.

Theres no doubt the ratings would be better it's just whether someone wants to get the work done to make it happen. As a cap I like the current system more because it's easier to spot value.. but I dont think theres many other logical arguments against implementing this type of change.

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                  I should be a 5/6/7 player not a 6/7/8. I didn't play a single dt-j game last season specifically because I was a 7 (Commodo can attest) and I am overvalued at the moment as an 8 in basing, proven again by last season where I was often benched for a 7 star shark (totally fine, just saying).

I would like to play and be competitive this season, but if I end up with an 8 again in basing I might as well not show up, and probably won't.
                  Being benched is not proof your rating is too high. I literally won as a 9* wb and 7* jav then got benched as a 9* and 7* jav last season. By the same captain. Different situations, different rosters, etc.

Threatening to not show if you don't get the rating you want doesn't sound like a particularly mature response.

And you've been a veteran shark and terr for decades and reached the TWLB semi-finals on Pandora years ago, and you were excellent in terr for Power in the 2017 season and narrowly lost to the eventual champs in the semi-finals. The videos are on youtube, there's no universe in which you're a 7, you're like an 8 in two key ships and present a ton of versatility.

You were playable as an 8 on a contender:

And you still are.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Vehicle also worth mentioning there werent enough teams last season for how many signed up and showed. Moving to 10 teams will make a big difference, even moreso if we make it to 12

Comment

he doesn't have me on ignore he responded with "?" then never responded again
                      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Can you guys record it for people who can’t show up? Could be entertaining.
                        Dice
                        TWLB Champions Season 8
                        TWLJ Champions Season 8
                        TWLB Champions Season 10
                        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Threatening to not show if you don't get the rating you want doesn't sound like a particularly mature response.
                          You're right and I didn't mean it like that. I'm going to show for games, I always do, and I didn't mean to imply if I didn't get a 7* that I wouldn't show up to games, I just figured i"d look post-draft and see where I stood.

Maybe zid is right and there wasn't enough space to spread the skill around last season, but your reasons are a lot of "you were" and "back in..". Last season just made me feel like i was overrated as an 8, but there were a lot of 8* sharks and that's what I was recruited for.

I still think I should be a 7* in base and 100 percent a 6* in javelin. Like I started in TWLJ for squads like whiterabbits, not Pandora.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                            From what I recall, 0.5 is not possible. What is possible would be to move to a 400* lineup in wb/jav then peoples ratings would be 60, 65, 70, 75 etc. Same thing with base. That is doable apparently, but I don't know how complex or time consuming it would be to do.

Theres no doubt the ratings would be better it's just whether someone wants to get the work done to make it happen. As a cap I like the current system more because it's easier to spot value.. but I dont think theres many other logical arguments against implementing this type of change.

Another approach is the one i mentioned, and it might be a lot easier:

During ratings, players get rating of either 6, 6.5, 7 ... 10
                            Then code the bot for ... 2*=6* ... 3*=6.5* ... 4*=7* etc.
                            Not sure how ud adjust Star Cap but should be able to like keep it 1:1ish ya?

The Mind of the Father
                            Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                              Can you guys record it for people who can’t show up? Could be entertaining.
                              it will be recorded and uploaded on twitch for 14 days.
                              3:BOMBED> got donuts
                              3:BOMBED> how jealous
                              3:Heaven> how american
                              3:BOMBED> ??????????
                              3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                              3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Working...
                              X