Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jav Champions Visualized Over Time (2002-2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jav Champions Visualized Over Time (2002-2020)

The weights are 70% TWLJ, 30% TWDT-J (10 points for a TWLJ championship, 5 points for a TWLJ runner-up, 3 points for a TWDT-J championship, etc.)

The data points are averaged over three years to give a nice, smooth continuity to each player's domination over an era. For example, the year 2007 is actually an average of a player's championship points from years 2006, 2007, and 2008.

After that process, anyone not in the Top 10-15 players for a calendar year was removed. Otherwise, there's 50 to 100 player's in a year eating up the space, destroying the viewability of the area map. You can view a larger image here.

If you like this, let me know, and I'll make one for WB and Base!

top 100 basers list

This is great, defo do wb and base too.

Comment

This is getting better each time you do something, what's the limit? Also nice to see Rough being over Zidane for almost 10 years straight. Edit: since the begining

Comment

Ease looks like the entire ocean....
        2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

imigine beink apil 2 deciphir this w/o phd in cilcilist

Comment

This is awesome claus. Your data is always on point and this is a great visualization.

I feel like I remember Necromotic being better and I didn't remember Merce having as much of a presence at that time. Also funny to see NOCKM's name in TWLJ.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
              This is awesome claus. Your data is always on point and this is a great visualization.

I feel like I remember Necromotic being better and I didn't remember Merce having as much of a presence at that time. Also funny to see NOCKM's name in TWLJ.
              NOCKM was a pretty solid jav in his prime and was a starter in Diso's LJ title.

Necro while good, was more of a sidekick to other great javs and was never a top 10 caliber jav, unlike Merce, who was top 3/5 for a while.
              Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
              1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Was necro's 'kazi' alias included?
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Interesting way to see the view the data. Certainly better than our normal nerdy spreadsheets.

Some of us old people can't see the white font on bright backgrounds though. Just curious why weigh LJ 2nd place over DT-J winners? I know DT-B is harder to carry low * players and the competition is really high due to even teams, is this not the case with DT-J?
                  Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                  (10 seconds later)
                  rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                  P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Nipple Nibbler

It's just hard to know what value to assign to leagues, and it's not static.

If I were being subjective, I would assign 2 points to me winning Basing Cup 2018 and 10 for winning Basing Cup 2020. Technically they're the same league, but one was worth less than a TWDT-B and one is a fair draft of 4 TWLB championship teams with no stacking during a covid pandemic with everyone home. I'd value winning that cup over winning either of the last two TWLBs, I think it's worth more. I'd give 3 points for winning TWDT-B 2013 with no star caps and 8 points for winning TWDT-B 2020 as a 10*. I won both but winning as a 10* in a 66* cap feels way harder.

Even playing as a 10* in the 67* cap felt different, it was hard to reach finals but not as hard as 66*. No idea what 68* will feel like.

I don't value winning Basing Cup 2018 at all and couldn't care less, but 2020 was legit. But I know people who valued 2018. I think the earlier TWLBs before S10 featured lots of players who wouldn't start today and are worth less, but the S12-S20 titles are worth more than winning S22. But some players would disagree and value certain things differently.

And that's ignoring the human element: Almost everyone in this game will simply value whatever makes them look the best. People who have only won TWL will say only TWL matters. People who don't win TWL and do well in TWDT will say TWL is just a stackfest and draft leagues show who can actually carry. Didn't win Basing Cup? Then it didn't matter and nobody cared.

The amount of players who have an even distribution of wins/finals across every league format and can be objective about the matter can be counted on one hand.

Subjectively, I'd say prime TWL should be worth 10, early/late TWLs should be worth 8, early TWDT should be worth 3, later TWDT should be worth 5, and winning as a 10* in 2019-2020 should be worth 7. But it's hard to truly know. Some seasons in certain leagues even in their prime were just weak seasons or some key players didn't show finals. Some of the TWLJ finals the past few years are better than the TWLJ finals during the peak of the game. All the basers came back for 2020 but the warbirds didn't. It's just really variable.

I don't know what the right answer is.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                      Nipple Nibbler

It's just hard to know what value to assign to leagues, and it's not static.

If I were being subjective, I would assign 2 points to me winning Basing Cup 2018 and 10 for winning Basing Cup 2020. Technically they're the same league, but one was worth less than a TWDT-B and one is a fair draft of 4 TWLB championship teams with no stacking during a covid pandemic with everyone home. I'd value winning that cup over winning either of the last two TWLBs, I think it's worth more. I'd give 3 points for winning TWDT-B 2013 with no star caps and 8 points for winning TWDT-B 2020 as a 10*. I won both but winning as a 10* in a 66* cap feels way harder.

Even playing as a 10* in the 67* cap felt different, it was hard to reach finals but not as hard as 66*. No idea what 68* will feel like.

I don't value winning Basing Cup 2018 at all and couldn't care less, but 2020 was legit. But I know people who valued 2018. I think the earlier TWLBs before S10 featured lots of players who wouldn't start today and are worth less, but the S12-S20 titles are worth more than winning S22. But some players would disagree and value certain things differently.

And that's ignoring the human element: Almost everyone in this game will simply value whatever makes them look the best. People who have only won TWL will say only TWL matters. People who don't win TWL and do well in TWDT will say TWL is just a stackfest and draft leagues show who can actually carry. Didn't win Basing Cup? Then it didn't matter and nobody cared.

The amount of players who have an even distribution of wins/finals across every league format and can be objective about the matter can be counted on one hand.

Subjectively, I'd say prime TWL should be worth 10, early/late TWLs should be worth 8, early TWDT should be worth 3, later TWDT should be worth 5, and winning as a 10* in 2019-2020 should be worth 7. But it's hard to truly know. Some seasons in certain leagues even in their prime were just weak seasons or some key players didn't show finals. Some of the TWLJ finals the past few years are better than the TWLJ finals during the peak of the game. All the basers came back for 2020 but the warbirds didn't. It's just really variable.

I don't know what the right answer is.
                      There is no right answer.

Like you said, most people value more whatever makes them look good. Personally i dont value TWDT as much as TWL, because the draft phase ends up having alot of impact and the fact that alot of top players along the years have skipped twdt in certain seasons(including myself). But i definitely get why a lot of people put a considerable amount of value on it and winning a twdt while having to carry certainly has its difficulty.

I think you do a decent job of setting weights, but it the end its all subjective and people need to keep that in mind and add context whenever they are looking at stuff like this. For example, everyone and their dogs knows this past TWL has more value than the previous 2 twls due to lower player base.

Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                      1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

I just know that in the DT-B I have participated in since I have returned to the game have had a lot of really good matches in it, personally I would weigh winning DT over not winning TWL, (2nd place). However even though I hate TWL I do agree it should be weighed more heavily than DT.

In case this is taken the wrong way I am just throwing some thoughts out, not trying to argue anything .

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

twl is easier to stat pad in but playoffs are harder than dt playoffs. just my 2 cents. also shoutout to nipple nibbler, great teammate and guy

Comment

zidane Yea I miss that Nippler guy, he was a good dude, he left around the same time this RageRitual jerk showed up, I bet Rage scared him off it's all his fault!

Joking aside, Zidane good DT cap.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Working...
                            X