TWDT HoN's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT HoN's

I think expecting people to write for 20 games a week is too much, but I echo what I've heard from others: HoN writeups are awesome. They make for a more fun setting altogether for the community, and it adds another layer of competitiveness (i.e. the ensuing shit-talking). The practical way to get HoN's and add some spice to the current season is through the collective.

We have a person from each team give a summary on their own games (1 for each league). This allows us have:
    • Two "objective" summaries on what happened with the game
    • A mix of using personal recount & stats after the game
    • Some room to vs each other and potential squad rivalries (but also give credit when due allow sportsmanship)
    • A mix of many biased POV's
    There are 2 games for each league weekly, so you'll only have to write for your team's 2 games.

2-3 sentences on what happened. ?message me or write on a shared Google Doc anytime after the game, no later than Sunday night. I'll collect everyone's write-up and post it on forums on Monday's.

If you're down, you can post here or hmu in-game. We can keep track collectively here for now.
    Last edited by Riverside; 08-06-2020, 02:12 PM.

I am willing to write summary or HoN of the games power plays, every league.

I agree it makes much more sense if people comment who have actually seen the games than looking at a score box.

​​​

Comment

Sample Posts, written in diff ways:

TWDTD Week 1

Haze vs Malevolent: (50-43)
      This was a game of runs. Game began with a dominant 12-0 start between Sprackle (16-9) and Riverside (12-5) who led the way for Haze. Kentaro (11-10) was having a dominant game until his team died out around him, with ro (10-10) and turban (9-10) not doing their parts as 9*'s. Autopilot (2-5) had a tough showing in his first TWDT game, along with hak (6-10). Bram (5-9) had a tough game but did a great job staying in.

Hot: Sprackle (16-9), Riverside (12-5), Kentaro (11-10)
      Not: Autopilot (2-5), Hak (6-10)

Haze vs Spelunky (50-48)
      The only thing worse than Ease's choice on squadnames was his choice on drafting. Haze did a great job of recognizing how much skill difference there is between the high and low stars, hunting Azuline out in their first 20 kills. I.d. did what she could and actually stayed alive for a while, but was 1 of many knocked out by Rough, who had himself a fking GAME. Sprackle continued to dominate, with a key KO on Ease, and JURASSIC was great throughout.
      On Spelunky's side, Ease had a great game with a key KO on bram. Ogron had a difficult time throughout the game and will have to show a lot more to live up to being a 9* on this team.

Hot: Rough, Ease, JURASSIC
      Not: Azuline

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2161.jpg Views:	3 Size:	247.8 KB ID:	1346886
      Last edited by Riverside; 08-06-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I won't be doing any write-ups for this season, but I agree they are important and entertaining. I appreciate the concept you present here to distribute the work among multiple people. My only suggestion is that there should be one person (I nominate you) who collects and reviews the HoNs written by others and constructs a single, well-organized, and comprehensive post to present the write-ups, otherwise I can imagine it getting pretty disorganized.

Overall good idea and I hope people step up!

Comment

I am willing to do Terrorist's basing matches.

Edit: If you're willing to message me your email address I will send them to you that way.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

This is actually a great idea that more might participate in as the season progresses. I hope more step up.

(I don't have the time between work and already doing my part with nerd sheets )
            Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
            (10 seconds later)
            rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
            P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
              I am willing to do Terrorist's basing matches.

Edit: If you're willing to message me your email address I will send them to you that way.
              Done, thanks! We'll try with who we have this week, hopefully that inspires people to contribute .

Comment

Working...
              X